Elimimian on track to make impact right away

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

OV - 54:40
Champion

Hambone wrote:
OV - 54:40 wrote:
David wrote:Haha, nope. Not a member of the Lions.

The only 'knock' on Moore (if you want to call it that) is that he keeps getting injured. I really like his hands and shiftiness. He is a silky smooth route runner that will probably have very good rapport with Jennings as they both attended the same high school.

I told this veteran CFLer that he didn't have anyone to throw to him in Winnipeg, to which he answered, "Drew Willy is a very good quarterback." I said, "yes, but he was injured most of last year." (me: 1, player: 0) lol.

DH :cool:

Disagree on Moore - the main knock on him should be his very iffy hands - drops wayyy too many passes; some big play potential though. I'd agree with your CFLer on him being over-rated (and big-time IMO).

He does have that rep for sure yet last year before he got dinged up again he was leading the league in 2nd down conversion receptions. After week 5 he had 12 and was 2 ahead of any other receiver.

That's a good stat to have - clutch 2nd down catches - helps if you get targeted lots though.

The NFL has kept a stat on dropped passes I believe - not sure if they publish it though; not sure the CFL has ever kept that stat. But, IMO, Moore would be near or at the top of that list - drops way too many catchable balls. Can happen to good receivers I guess - eg. Adarius Bowman has had that problem throughout his career (and seemed to have cured it a couple of years back when the led the CFL in receiving by a whopping margin - but was back to lots of drops last season). Great receivers do NOT drop passes galore year after year - that is why I don't rate Bowman as a great CFL career receiver inspite of his one monster season. Moore I wouldn't even rate a good receiver - one who has got lots of opportunity and had lots of passes thrown his way though.
squishy35
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
squishy35 wrote:

I think Brian Burnham is a very underrated receiver in the corps... I expect big things from him this season. With Anthony Allen and Jeremiah Johnson added to the backfield we have huge potential for screens and more effective blocking for pass plays.
Bryan Burnham and Nick Moore are similar players. They are smooth route runners with identical size (6'2, 195 lbs.).
Moore caught 68.5% of his targets last year, averaged 11.8 yards per catch and had 4 TDs, 24 second-down catches for a first down and 3 catches of over 30 yards in 16 games.
Burnham caught 67.3% of his targets, averaged 12.1 yards per catch and had 2 TDs, 9 second-down catches for a first down and 2 catches of over 30 yards in 11 games.
Moore is three years older at 29 but both should have several prime years ahead of them. The trouble is they're both natural slotbacks. I'm not sure there's room for two of them on the field if Arceneaux is in the other slot. I prefer Moore if he's healthy.

Burnham was very impressive in 2014 prior his spleen injury and seemed a little tentative in catching balls in the middle of the field last year. He is a speedster with better hands than Moore (IMO). If he can regain his confidence as he displayed in 2014, he could be quite the receiving threat.