CIS Football coming to Victoria

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Well, for a day.

August 26 the 2015 Vanier Cup Champ UBC Thunderbirds take on the 2014 Hardy Cup Champ Manitoba Bisons in Langford.

http://gobisons.ca/news/2016/3/23/bison ... ckoff.aspx
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
CardiacKid
Legend

Awesome! This will be a real treat, getting to watch a CIS level game on the Island. We aren't starved for football as we have junior and high school football (reigning BC high school champs, MT. Doug Rams) but there are a few Victoria boys from the Thunderbirds last year. Kind of a nice tie-in.... Plus watching the game (albeit a pre-season game) outdoors in the summer makes a nice break from the indoors.
CardiacKid
Legend

We went to see the Thunderbirds play the Bisons last night in the VIThunder Bowl in Langford. The result was extremely lopsided in favour of the Bisons; I think it finished 50-7. The Bisons looked like they had been playing together for months; the Thunderbirds.......not so much.
But it was a treat to watch a game under the stars and while not a sellout, it seemed well attended to my eye. I hope it becomes an annual event as it ultimately is a fundraiser for Victoria Minor Football.

I was particularly struck by the number of Bison fans as the U of M is active in recruiting players from the island. Also met a few parents of Bison players who follow the team to all the away games; that is true support.