Lions Losses. Lions Gains in Free Agency

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

Latest News - Lions about to lose Hoffman- Ellis:

Alex Hoffman-Ellis ‎@Hofftimus_Prime

In this airport just thinking... I'm pissed I won't be in BC this season. But someone's gonna get a baller. And I'll embrace wherever I go.

11:20 PM - 7 Feb 2016
aklawitter
All Star

Price too high for Wally?
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Now Official:

The BC Lions have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with quarterback Travis Lulay. Likely for a lot less money. No salary mentioned on TSN.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

The BC Lions and running back Chris Rainey have agreed to terms on a two-year deal.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:The BC Lions and running back Chris Rainey have agreed to terms on a two-year deal.
:thup: :thup:
CardiacKid
Legend

JohnnyMusso wrote:Latest News - Lions about to lose Hoffman- Ellis:

Alex Hoffman-Ellis ‎@Hofftimus_Prime

In this airport just thinking... I'm pissed I won't be in BC this season. But someone's gonna get a baller. And I'll embrace wherever I go.

11:20 PM - 7 Feb 2016
With Bo Lokombo's star in the ascension, I wondered how that would impact Hoffman-Ellis and his future with the Leo's. I wasn't sure if there was room for the two of them, in particular if Lokombo is going to develop into the linebacker the Lions hope he can be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sorry to see Hoffman-Ellis leave but there was no way he was going to beat out two Outstanding Defensive Players for a starter position.
Lionsfan65
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:Sorry to see Hoffman-Ellis leave but there was no way he was going to beat out two Outstanding Defensive Players for a starter position.
He played well when called upon last year but with several solid Canadians waiting in the wings it doesn't really make sense to keep him, not to mention import linebackers are also relatively easy to find.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It looks like the Lions are kicking the tires of John White as a possible replacement for Andrew Harris.
NEWS 1130 Sports ‏@NEWS1130Sports
Hearing #BCLions are flying EDM running back John White into Vancouver for a physical.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:It looks like the Lions are kicking the tires of John White as a possible replacement for Andrew Harris.
NEWS 1130 Sports ‏@NEWS1130Sports
Hearing #BCLions are flying EDM running back John White into Vancouver for a physical.
Do we need or want another scatback?

John White --> 5'7'' 185 lbs. Isn't Rainey our scatback? About the same size. 5'9'' 180 for Rainey. TC competition and depth, I guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I think White can be the Lions' primary running back if he is healthy. He suffered a ruptured Achilles in training camp last year. That's a long-term injury. There's no guarantee he can get back to the form he showed in 2014, when he rushed for 852 yards in nine games , averaging 6.9 yards a carry.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Pascal Lochard has reportedly headed from B.C. to Winnipeg. National backup for Andrew Harris?
Matthew Scianitti
‏@TSNScianitti
Pascal Lochard to Winnipeg on a 2 year #CFL #CFLFA #Bombers
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jason Gregor of TSN 1260 in Edmonton expects John White to re-sign with the Eskimos.
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
@Dave_CHED White not going to BC...that is false. Expect him to remain with Eskimos.
Lionsfan65
Starter

B.C.FAN wrote: Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
@Dave_CHED White not going to BC...that is false. Expect him to remain with Eskimos.

He was coming off a serious injury anyway.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The official announcement on Winnipeg's signing of Andrew Harris:
WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has inked six-year CFL veteran running back Andrew Harris. Harris joins Winnipeg after six seasons with B.C. where he has been one of the most productive players at his position throughout his career.

Harris (5-11, 205, Vancouver Island Raiders, April 24, 1987 in Winnipeg, Manitoba) has ran for 4,259 career rushing yards, to go with 2,639 receiving yards and 45 career touchdowns. Harris has played 102 CFL games, starting 77. He’s also played in five playoff games, carrying the ball 39 times for a 6.3 yard average (246 yards), and one touchdown, while hauling in 18 receptions for 153 yards and one touchdown. Harris was also the Most Valuable Canadian of the 2011 Grey Cup, in the Lions’ win over Winnipeg.

He played in all 18 regular season games for the Lions last season, and finished first in the CFL in yards from scrimmage, rushing for 1,039, while tallying 484 through the air, compiling nine total touchdowns. His 1,039 yards on the ground was second in the CFL last season.

Harris is one of only three Canadian born running backs of all-time to lead the league in yards from scrimmage (1,523 in 2015 and 1,830 in 2012), and has missed only six games in the past five seasons.
BlueBombers.com link