Grey Cup 2016 Toronto

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

politico35
prospect

Hello all...I'm relatively new to this forum, visit on occasion but don't say much!

Wasn't a Tedford fan, so I'm not shedding any tears on his departure.

I'm looking to book our hotel for Grey Cup in Toronto, and am hoping to pick one where they'll be a bunch of Lions fans.
Has anyone heard where the events will take place next year ( I know the game will be at BMO field), and which hotel would be best for Lions fans?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

politico35 wrote:I'm looking to book our hotel for Grey Cup in Toronto, and am hoping to pick one where they'll be a bunch of Lions fans.
Has anyone heard where the events will take place next year ( I know the game will be at BMO field), and which hotel would be best for Lions fans?
In Toronto most events are typically hosted in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which is right downtown in the area of CN Tower, ACC and Rogers Centre. The exception as usual is the Spirit of Edmonton. It's been held in the Sheraton the past 2 Grey Toronto Grey Cups. That's about a 6 block walk from the MTCC. I suspect the logistics of GC 2016 will remain the same except for the game moving out to BMO. I'd say any hotel in the downtown core will leave you walking distance to all GC events and I believe there are public transit options be it Metro or Go Train that run past BMO.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Hambone wrote:
politico35 wrote:I'm looking to book our hotel for Grey Cup in Toronto, and am hoping to pick one where they'll be a bunch of Lions fans.
In Toronto most events are typically hosted in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which is right downtown in the area of CN Tower, ACC and Rogers Centre. The exception as usual is the Spirit of Edmonton. It's been held in the Sheraton the past 2 Grey Toronto Grey Cups. That's about a 6 block walk from the MTCC. I suspect the logistics of GC 2016 will remain the same except for the game moving out to BMO. I'd say any hotel in the downtown core will leave you walking distance to all GC events and I believe there are public transit options be it Metro or Go Train that run past BMO.
There is a GO train stop on the northeast edge of the CNE grounds, maybe five minute walk from the stadium. No subway nearby (which was maybe the only advantage of Rogers Centre), but there is heavy streetcar service to the loop a bit further east from the GO station, with service from Union Station downtown or Bathurst on the Bloor-Danforth line (I refuse to call it Line 2). See the layout at https://goo.gl/maps/UpAL3GHGRkN2.