West Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Edmonton has jumped out to an 8-0 lead and showing no rust so far.

Calgary only has one offensive lineman playing in this game that they started this season with. Injuries have taken their toll of the offensive line all season. Jon Cornish, the key to Calgary's offence was injured mid-season.

Still the Stamps are in the West Final and went 14-4 for the season. No whining about injuries from Hufnagel, like we always get from Wally. Its either next man up or a smart move like trading for Messam.

I'm pulling for Edmonton. Love Reilly's passion and toughness. They froze him up last year. This time, he is healthy.

Should be a good playoff game.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary has responded with 2 field goals to close the gap 8-6 after the 1st quarter.
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Calgary has responded with 2 field goals to close the gap 8-6 after the 1st quarter.
This is a real chess match between Dickenson and Jones, Crandell and Stubler.

Dickenson is coaching around his makeshift offensive line well, as he did against us. Chris Jones went for two after the first touchdown and just ran a successful fake. Jones is trying to bring heat so Calgary is running Messam and using a lot of play action. Stubler is using a ton of different coverages and using a lot of different formations on first and second down.

Gotta like these coaches.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

Stubler's defence gave up the least points in the CFL this season (just a little over 16 points per game), was the least penalized defense in terms of pass interference or illegal contact, and the best defense in the red zone.

Of course, he was not good enough for Wally.. :thdn:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Adarius Bowman scores with 20 seconds remaining in the 1st half to give the Stamps a 21-12 lead at the half.
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Adarius Bowman scores with 20 seconds remaining in the 1st half to give the Stamps a 21-12 lead at the half.
Edmonton is looking good overall but Calgary still looks dangerous. Its unbelievable that with such a makeshift offensive line, Calgary is able to open holes for Messam and protect Bo Levi so well.
CardiacKid
Legend

I find it really interesting that 2 of Edmonton's offensive line are BC Lions castoffs, Justin Sorenson and Andrew Jones. Did the Lions do the wrong thing drafting those guys or did they bail on them too soon? Or did they need a different organization to fine tune them to be starters?

Just wondering.....
Blitz
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:I find it really interesting that 2 of Edmonton's offensive line are BC Lions castoffs, Justin Sorenson and Andrew Jones. Did the Lions do the wrong thing drafting those guys or did they bail on them too soon? Or did they need a different organization to fine tune them to be starters?

Just wondering.....
Who knows...but we sure don't have a great record in developing Canadian offensive lineman.

You would think this game would be a defensive battle with the two best defenses and two best defensive minds in the CFL lin Jones and Stubler. Yet Jones defense has given up over 250 yards in the first half. Calgary has given up just under 200 yards but too many points.

Two very good offensive game plans are enabling both offences to move the football...impressive yardage by Calgary with a makeshift line. The Calgary turnover that led to an Emonton td. is the difference maker right now.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Edmonton took the 2nd half kickoff and promptly marched down the field and scored. Now leading 28-12
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:I find it really interesting that 2 of Edmonton's offensive line are BC Lions castoffs, Justin Sorenson and Andrew Jones. Did the Lions do the wrong thing drafting those guys or did they bail on them too soon? Or did they need a different organization to fine tune them to be starters?

Just wondering.....
Interesting question.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Calgary has responded with 2 field goals to close the gap 8-6 after the 1st quarter.
This is a real chess match between Dickenson and Jones, Crandell and Stubler.

Dickenson is coaching around his makeshift offensive line well, as he did against us. Chris Jones went for two after the first touchdown and just ran a successful fake. Jones is trying to bring heat so Calgary is running Messam and using a lot of play action. Stubler is using a ton of different coverages and using a lot of different formations on first and second down.

Gotta like these coaches.
How much longer we have to talk about other teams than our Leos Blitz...how much longer we have to be subjugated to Wally...how many years more???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:

Just wondering.....
Interesting question.
Bail on them too soon? Neither of them barely ever got on the field here :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Edmonton now leading 31-15 heading into the final quarter.
Rammer
Team Captain

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:

Just wondering.....
Interesting question.
Bail on them too soon? Neither of them barely ever got on the field here :bang:
Once upon a time the Lions had a OL coach by the name of Dorazio....
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Now a rout 45-15. Looks like Hufnagel's last game will be a losing one.