Free Agent Signings

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:[I'm not very keen on this five receiver set idea. Not that it's a new idea :bang:
5 receiver set is really a down and yardage situational thing. Lumbala may not get many touches but he gets a lot of offensive reps. You could call it a 4-1/2 receiver set. It's 4 receivers half the time and 5 receivers the other half.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://3downnation.com/2016/02/12/15400/

Some guys who might still be out there, who could be of interest to us.
5. Matt Norman, national OL (B.C.): Started 36 games at centre for the Lions in 2013 and 2014 combined but there are questions about his health. Still, Canadian offensive lineman now at a premium.
If his health issue can be resolved, why not bring him back? He was highly rated as a guard. We forced him to play centre. Did we mishandle him? Did we put too much pressure on him (out of necessity of course, as we had no other to play centre)?
9. Ryan Hinds, national DB (Eskimos): A Canuck who has experience starting on the backend and brings a proven ability to make special teams tackles.
13. Neil King, national DB (Hamilton): Canadian defensive back with starting experience who can play special teams and seems to have a knack for blocking punts.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Henoc Muamba released by the Alouettes
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Comments in Winnipeg suggest Bryant Turner is going to sign in Vancouver. Thoughts?
OV - 54:40
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:[I'm not very keen on this five receiver set idea. Not that it's a new idea :bang:
5 receiver set is really a down and yardage situational thing. Lumbala may not get many touches but he gets a lot of offensive reps. You could call it a 4-1/2 receiver set. It's 4 receivers half the time and 5 receivers the other half.
You really think Lumbala / an H-back is in for 50% of the plays? - like to see some sort of confirmation of that. More like 80% 5 pack IMO.
squishy35
Legend

Blue In BC wrote:Comments in Winnipeg suggest Bryant Turner is going to sign in Vancouver. Thoughts?
Veteran Player who appeared to have some good success in Winnipeg; likely a cast off with the $$ the Bombers have spent in FA this off season. I would like to see how he shows at TC if he his signed. He may provide an intensity that the D-Line can feed off of. Seems a bit light for DT though........
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

squishy35 wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:Comments in Winnipeg suggest Bryant Turner is going to sign in Vancouver. Thoughts?
Veteran Player who appeared to have some good success in Winnipeg; likely a cast off with the $$ the Bombers have spent in FA this off season. I would like to see how he shows at TC if he his signed. He may provide an intensity that the D-Line can feed off of. Seems a bit light for DT though........
It's official now. I also thought he's smallish for a DT but maybe that fits in a 3 man rotation with Brooks and Minter. Or could he be looked at to move to end to replace Khreem.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have confirmed Turner's signing. Wally praised him as someone who can play multiple positions on the D-line and beat people one-on-one. I see him as someone who could be an effective edge rusher in passing situations.
Qman
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
The Lions have confirmed Turner's signing. Wally praised him as a someone who can play multiple positions on the D-line and beat people one-on-one. I see him as someone who could be an effective edge rusher in passing situations.
They want rotational guys and flexibility. He plays Brooks position, not nose .. don't see him coming here to be Brooks backup.

Wally might think they can move him out to DE like they did keron as few years back.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Turner is a proven vet who can play
pennw
Legend

I thought he was a very good DT in Winnipeg and remember him giving us a lot of trouble in the past . But I too recall him playing interior also , not edge . So He would be up against Brooks and Minter , both younger guys who are very good. I thought Turner was older but see that he is only listed at 28 himself compared to Brooks at 24 and Minter at 25 . Of course we have Westerman and Ese too , along with a few other new guys on the roster all vying for a spot on the D-line . But none really a true speed edge guy other than Bazzie . Maybe Ese will shine this year.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:Turner is a proven vet who can play
With TC only a couple months away he wasn't in a position to demand a high salary so he is likely SMS friendly. It might help him make the team. :thup:
Lionsfan65
Starter

DanoT wrote:With TC only a couple months away he wasn't in a position to demand a high salary so he is likely SMS friendly. It might help him make the team
This signing makes the d line a whole lot better anyway.