Locker Room Sale?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

cromartie wrote:
Even though I rarely get a chance to get to the locker room sale unless I happen to be in the Vancouver area that weekend or find a surrogate buyer like Ballistic Bob
We speak on this board frequently of misused or lost opportunities for the club to market to the larger fanbase outside of the immediate metro. There's no easier one to point out than this.

Certainly, retaining the loyalty of your ST holders is a priority. Setting aside some of what your selling for people outside of the immediate metro should be a priority as well. You make more money off of it and keep in touch with your fanbase. It's a substantial lost opportunity on the part of the club.
It's actually not impossible for out-of-towners to get in on the game worn stuff and probably other products. All they have to do is contact the Lions and ask if there's anything remaining from the sale. Years ago I contacted the Lions after the locker room sale and asked if there was anything that hadn't been sold. That's how I acquired my Ty Chatman game jersey. Ballistic Bob did the surrogate buyer thing which landed me Bobby Singh's game used helmet. Today I contacted my rep to see if there was anything left over from Saturday. I'll have both the helmet and jersey of Jovan Olafioye waiting for me when I get home next week.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

For those on the Lower Mainland who missed the locker-room sale on Saturday, the Lions are promoting a "last chance" locker room sale with savings of up to 85% at the Surrey practice this Wednesday, Dec. 9, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Spud387
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:For those on the Lower Mainland who missed the locker-room sale on Saturday, the Lions are promoting a "last chance" locker room sale with savings of up to 85% at the Surrey practice this Wednesday, Dec. 9, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Where'd you see this? I didn't get an e-mail
David
Team Captain

I agree with Hambone. I would just pick up the phone and ask what they may have left over or willing to put aside for you. They're just as anxious to sell as you are to buy.

One thing I did notice in this year's locker room sale was a lot of XL and 2XL and up sizes. I'm a 42 jacket and a lot of stuff (the team gear, not the licensed apparel) was too big for me.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:For those on the Lower Mainland who missed the locker-room sale on Saturday, the Lions are promoting a "last chance" locker room sale with savings of up to 85% at the Surrey practice this Wednesday, Dec. 9, from 4 to 7 p.m.
I got one on Monday I think it was.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

David wrote:One thing I did notice in this year's locker room sale was a lot of XL and 2XL and up sizes. I'm a 42 jacket and a lot of stuff (the team gear, not the licensed apparel) was too big for me.

DH :cool:
I wish I had that problem David. :wink:

Jerseys are cut differently today than they used to be. Used to be they were meant to tuck in. Now they're mostly cut at the waist. Even 15 years ago when I was 25# lighter my Chatman and Johnny Scott jerseys fit very snug around the belly. In talking to my rep and giving her some numbers one I mentioned was Lochard's #24. It was available. I wear the classic Merv replica at Grey Cups and for years I wore #24 playing fastball and hockey as homage to my childhood baseball hero Willie Mays. #9 for Gordie Howe was more preferable especially for hockey but there was always somebody far more skilled than me wanting it. So #24 had some meaning for me but I figured it would just have to hang in the mancave as I probably wouldn't be able to wear it. At least I should be able to wear Olafioye's #63 to games.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Spud387 wrote:
I got an email. The details are also listed on the team's website, which has been updated along with cfl.ca

http://www.bclions.com/last-chance-sale/