Locker Room Sale?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

I can't believe I am posting this...but anyone heard about the traditional locker room sale? I think I am scrounging for something sorta positive to end the Lion's season.

Aren't they usually the weekend after the Lions get eliminated? Maybe this year there will be a break on the usual prices given how it all went down.

In the meantime, I am going to dust off my Ottawa Rough Riders jersey and start rooting for the Redblacks.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:I can't believe I am posting this...but anyone heard about the traditional locker room sale? I think I am scrounging for something sorta positive to end the Lion's season.

Aren't they usually the weekend after the Lions get eliminated? Maybe this year there will be a break on the usual prices given how it all went down.

In the meantime, I am going to dust off my Ottawa Rough Riders jersey and start rooting for the Redblacks.

Haven't been able to get to town for one for a few years now but seems to me it's usually more like the first weekend in December.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Confirmed: Sat. Dec. 5. at BC Place. 10 am entry for season ticket holders and noon to 3 for everyone else. I think it always coincides with the BC High School Football Championships.

Look for blowout prices on Reebok merchandise as the league switches over to Adidas in 2016.
Spud387
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:Confirmed: Sat. Dec. 5. at BC Place. 10 am entry for season ticket holders and noon to 3 for everyone else. I think it always coincides with the BC High School Football Championships.

Look for blowout prices on Reebok merchandise as the league switches over to Adidas in 2016.
Did they send out the e-mail to season ticket holders?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Spud387 wrote:Did they send out the e-mail to season ticket holders?
Nope. They tweeted it this morning.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Details of the public sale are posted on bclions.com:
http://bclions.com/lockerroomsale

and the tweet with season ticketholder hours is here:
Hambone
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:
Spud387 wrote:Did they send out the e-mail to season ticket holders?
Nope. They tweeted it this morning.
Not that I was going to be able to get down for it but that would explain why I didn't receive anything.
CardiacKid
Legend

Anyone recall what they were asking for game worn jerseys?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think it was couple of hundred dollars but that was a few years ago.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

If anyone(non season ticket holder) needs early admission i will forward you a B.C. Lion email for season ticket holders. Your welcome. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
CardiacKid
Legend

Anybody manage to make it? We opted not to go this year but I was curious as to what the prices were on the game used jerseys; especially with the move to Adidas. I am wondering if the Lions felt at all motivated to offer them at prices that would help ensure they went out the door.
The_Pauser
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:Anybody manage to make it? We opted not to go this year but I was curious as to what the prices were on the game used jerseys; especially with the move to Adidas. I am wondering if the Lions felt at all motivated to offer them at prices that would help ensure they went out the door.
They were being sold for $150 each.

Practice jerseys ranged from $20-25 each.
Roar you Lions roar!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Insanely cheap, comparatively.

Too bad they have no idea how to use the internet to sell some of that stuff online at a bigger markup, you know?
Hambone
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:Insanely cheap, comparatively.

Too bad they have no idea how to use the internet to sell some of that stuff online at a bigger markup, you know?
Lions have done that in the past when selling large blocks of special game worn items. The orange "BOB" paw helmets were sold via online auction with the intent being to raise funds for a good cause. Can't remember but they might've gone to Ackles' own dream the BC Football Hall of Fame. I was fortunate enough to win one of those auction items. It cost me north of $1000. For all helmets the figure of $52000 raised overall rings a bell. Most of the gun metal helmets were also sold online through CFL Auctions. I landed Westerman's #99. In the case of the locker room sale it tends to be a limited number of items. The first time I hit the locker room sale over 15 years ago I recall asking one of the staffers about game worn helmets. The person indicated Kato was quite frugal in that regard. If a helmet or jersey could be used next season it wasn't for sale. :wink: Indeed my first game jersey purchase was Ty Chatman's home black #47. It was tagged as a 1993 jersey. A few years later I was wearing it in the Shark Club one afternoon before a game. Chatman happened to be in there and stopped for a brief chat. I told him it was his 93 jersey. He told me he also wore it in 1994.

No doubt the Lions could recover more by putting these items out onto the open market. Even though I rarely get a chance to get to the locker room sale unless I happen to be in the Vancouver area that weekend or find a surrogate buyer like Ballistic Bob I like that they do it this way and hope they continue to do so. It gives ST holders especially and fans who make the effort to go out to the locker room sale a chance to acquire a very cool piece of sports memorabilia. Put them to auction online and prices will quickly rise beyond the reach of many. Many of these items would wind up in the hands of sports memorabilia collectors and people hoping to flip them instead of loyal Lion ST holders and fans.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Even though I rarely get a chance to get to the locker room sale unless I happen to be in the Vancouver area that weekend or find a surrogate buyer like Ballistic Bob
We speak on this board frequently of misused or lost opportunities for the club to market to the larger fanbase outside of the immediate metro. There's no easier one to point out than this.

Certainly, retaining the loyalty of your ST holders is a priority. Setting aside some of what your selling for people outside of the immediate metro should be a priority as well. You make more money off of it and keep in touch with your fanbase. It's a substantial lost opportunity on the part of the club.