Lions 9 @ Calgary 35 -- Post Game Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Based on those stats, Blitz, it looks like we were not the 6th best team in the league. We squeaked into the playoffs and got run out like an 8th place team.

From Cam Cole on the key play of the game, a game changer ...
“It was a big emotional lift, created a spark, (that’s) exactly what it did,” said outgoing head coach John Hufnagel, whose swan song at McMahon was a comprehensive rout.

“We were sputtering a little bit and needed a spark to get going, and I just happened to be the spark,” said Raymond, the eight-year veteran who’s made so many big plays for the Stampeders.

“I just saw (receiver Bryan Burnham) run an out, and he kind of stutter (stepped) at me, and I’ve been playing this game a long time, man, and they ain’t too many moves I ain’t seen.

“So I sat on it, and he ran the out and I said, (Jennings) better not throw this ball — if he do, I’m going to the house.”

What had begun as a slow, halting start by the Stamps turned on a dime and it was pretty much one-way traffic from that point on.
The Lions lost hope after that play, it seems to me. A veteran was waiting on the rookie QB. The receiver, Burnham, did not use his body to protect the ball (kind of like the receiver for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl). Raymond made the break on the ball and took it in for the TD.

The odds are we would have lost anyway, but in football, strange results can happen. If Jennings was red hot throughout the game, as he has been for most of his time starting, the Stampeders were vulnerable.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/cole ... z3rgYF5061
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

From Mike Beamish ...
As well, running back Andrew Harris goes into the off-season in a state of limbo. The gulf in negotiations on a new contract is said to be wide, perhaps unbreachable. Harris might also prefer to test free agency to find a team that gives him more love than the Lions are showing.

“I’d be lying to you if I didn’t think about it,” Harris admitted. “I’ve grown fond of the guys on this team. To lose a game like that, in possibly the last time I’m with them, was emotional for me. But I’ll worry about that other stuff when my contract comes up.”

At total of 79 rushing yards and 28 more on catches ordinarily would be a routine haul for Harris. Yet he was the most productive offensive force on the Lions Sunday.
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/list ... z3rgZwm85m

"Harris might also prefer to test free agency to find a team that gives him more love than the Lions are showing." -- The Lions not showing love to Andrew Harris? That would be Wally.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Nik Lewis does not appear to be a fan of Andrew Harris. Fairly unusual to see a CFL player call out another, especially not having played each other recently. Although his bias is obviously rooted in his ties to his former team.
Nik Lewis ‏@nikel18 · 17h17 hours ago
Andrew Harris might be an average back if he didn't run scared.

DH :cool:
I played scared while I was with BC and I won the MVP

Casey Printers