BC vs. Calgary Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:What are the odds of the Lions scoring a major in this game ?
depends how picky she is.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
bigtooth
Starter

sj-roc wrote:
seamack3 wrote:
No need to gamble at his stage. Take the points
Stupid, stupid decision by Tedford then... no need to gamble? 3rd & 1 inside the ten! Go for the major instead of gambling for a field goal and giving the Stamps field position on the 35 if successful. Wow, Lions lead 3-1... like we knew that score and anemic display of aggression would hold up for the duration of the game. Turning point IMO, and Tedford should be fired.
I agreed with the FG decision at the time. Not a lot of urgency to get a major at that early juncture, just get the lead and maybe some confidence.

Besides, if we don't get the first down, and recall that teams have been relatively poor across the board at converting 3rd and short this year, remember it was a subsequent turnover soon thereafter that shifted the momentum more or less permanently in this game.
If we don't get the first down we are still only 0-1 down instead of 3-1 up. Sorry, but not that monumental difference that point in the game. But a first touchdown and with it the momemtum?...priceless.

Feel sorry for Benny. Bueno mesmerized by some American hasbeen. Benny at least had some history with the organization and team players. He was cursed with bad injuries (Harris, Lulay).
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

We take a timeout for that keystone kops act.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
almo89
Legend

Best drive of the game we botch it on a trick play
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

1st points in the 2nd half. Says it all
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

bigtooth wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
seamack3 wrote:
No need to gamble at his stage. Take the points
Stupid, stupid decision by Tedford then... no need to gamble? 3rd & 1 inside the ten! Go for the major instead of gambling for a field goal and giving the Stamps field position on the 35 if successful. Wow, Lions lead 3-1... like we knew that score and anemic display of aggression would hold up for the duration of the game. Turning point IMO, and Tedford should be fired.
I agreed with the FG decision at the time. Not a lot of urgency to get a major at that early juncture, just get the lead and maybe some confidence.

Besides, if we don't get the first down, and recall that teams have been relatively poor across the board at converting 3rd and short this year, remember it was a subsequent turnover soon thereafter that shifted the momentum more or less permanently in this game.
If we don't get the first down we are still only 0-1 down instead of 3-1 up. Sorry, but not that monumental difference that point in the game. But a first touchdown and with it the momemtum?...priceless.

Feel sorry for Benny. Bueno mesmerized by some American hasbeen. Benny at least had some history with the organization and team players. He was cursed with bad injuries (Harris, Lulay).
We'll agree to disagree. The risk simply wasn't worth the reward when you're as big an underdog as we are in this one. The view was expressed here even before the game that we would need to play error-free football to have any chance at winning this one. Gambling in that scenario invites error. If I'm not mistaken we have the worst 3rd & 1 conversion efficiency in the league.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Unusual to see Bighill have a bad game.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

That Messam gallop down the sideline shedding the tackles of Bighill & Fraser is pretty much a microcosm of this whole game.

Rogers adds the TD catch on the next play to make it 34-9 Cgy. Convert from Paredes makes it 35-9 Cgy with about 5-1/2mins left. Time to start the post-game show.
Last edited by sj-roc on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxlion
Legend

Fraser seems to have good instincts for the ball, but his tackling leaves something to be desired.
almo89
Legend

Defense hasn't been that bad today. The offense completely stank the bed today. Too many 2 and outs
VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

Well I'm gonna say that I never expected to win today, honestly with our record? Sooner this is over the better then Tedford can begin the assessment, next season will be better, I'm a Lions fan win or lose, I renewed my seasons tickets last month, why all the negativity?
randymeeks
Legend

What are the odds of both Tedford and Wally both being back next season?
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
almo89
Legend

VICIOUSCIRCLE wrote:Well I'm gonna say that I never expected to win today, honestly with our record? Sooner this is over the better then Tedford can begin the assessment, next season will be better, I'm a Lions fan win or lose, I renewed my seasons tickets last month, why all the negativity?
I hope the tedford gets another chance and the ability to hire his own assistants. Wally needs to keep his fingerprints away from the team
randymeeks
Legend

VICIOUSCIRCLE wrote:Well I'm gonna say that I never expected to win today, honestly with our record? Sooner this is over the better then Tedford can begin the assessment, next season will be better, I'm a Lions fan win or lose, I renewed my seasons tickets last month, why all the negativity?

Four straight seasons of deterioration will make you negative. Anyone can put any positive spin on it they want but the bottom line is this football team sucks and isn't even close to being a contender.
Last edited by randymeeks on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:
I hope the tedford gets another chance and the ability to hire his own assistants. Wally needs to keep his fingerprints away from the team
:good: