BC vs. Calgary Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Not sure what TSN is saying but Moj is reporting that Jennings is believed to have a broken clavicle and won't return.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Kamloops Lion
All Star

Remember this date.
Nov. 15, 2015, just might be the date the Lions fell one more rung to fourth in the Vancouver marketplace.
Whitecaps passed them a while ago and I believe the baseball Canadians are passing us on the left.
This team is becoming irrelevant.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:If they are gonna lose I hope they get blown out. Front office can take the heat
X2
bigtooth
Starter

Pinned again below our 10 yard line. :(
seamack3
prospect

TheLionKing wrote:
bigtooth wrote:I don't get why they wouldn't go for that 3rd and 1 way down there. Baffling.
No need to gamble at his stage. Take the points
Stupid, stupid decision by Tedford then... no need to gamble? 3rd & 1 inside the ten! Go for the major instead of gambling for a field goal and giving the Stamps field position on the 35 if successful. Wow, Lions lead 3-1... like we knew that score and anemic display of aggression would hold up for the duration of the game. Turning point IMO, and Tedford should be fired.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:What the hell was Rainey thinking diving into the back of Yell's legs?
He wasn't (thinking)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Six times (so far) in this game our O have started on our own 15 or worse in this game.
Last edited by sj-roc on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Guilio sounds so depressed. LOL.
The_Pauser
Legend

Travis Two-And-Out overthrows again. This is really sad.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

4th quarter. Cue the comeback :rotf:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

seamack3 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
bigtooth wrote:I don't get why they wouldn't go for that 3rd and 1 way down there. Baffling.
No need to gamble at his stage. Take the points
Stupid, stupid decision by Tedford then... no need to gamble? 3rd & 1 inside the ten! Go for the major instead of gambling for a field goal and giving the Stamps field position on the 35 if successful. Wow, Lions lead 3-1... like we knew that score and anemic display of aggression would hold up for the duration of the game. Turning point IMO, and Tedford should be fired.
I agreed with the FG decision at the time. Not a lot of urgency to get a major at that early juncture, just get the lead and maybe some confidence.

Besides, if we don't get the first down, and recall that teams have been relatively poor across the board at converting 3rd and short this year, remember it was a subsequent turnover soon thereafter that shifted the momentum more or less permanently in this game.
CardiacKid
Legend

Go RedBlacks Go!
randymeeks
Legend

Expect the Lions season ticket base to dwindle down to crazy low levels this summer. Who's going to buy season tickets to watch this mess? It's clear the Lions aren't even close to winning a Grey Cup. Watching Lulay is downright painful to watch. He couldn't hit a target if his life depended on it. I'm wondering how much longer Wally can stay as gm.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What are the odds of the Lions scoring a major in this game ?
Sackmaster
prospect

Well eventhough it was game over by the 2nd quarter I still wanted to see Jennings. As soon as Lulay came in, it was oficially game over! The future of this team going into 2016 has to be with Jennings, Lulay who is no longer mobile and often misses his receivers best days are over needs to be let go.