Pubs in Kits to watch WSF

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Dusty wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Dusty wrote:Wrongo in Kits as well. After dithering about whether to go or not, I went the the Cove Pub where 50% of the tv screens had the Lions game on....
That's good to hear, even if the result wasn't there. Did they have sound?
Not where I was sitting upstairs..... there were a few guys already watching the Pats game when I arrived so they had the sound on upstairs. I had the big screen so I was happy and did not miss the TSN sound.
I don't mind missing most of the commentary either but I find there's always some little thing that's hard to follow without any sound, whether it's the nature of a coach's challenge (e.g. what was the on-field ruling?), or who was penalised (and why) on a particular play, etc.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.