Biathlon II: 79th Hardy, UBC @ UC; Lions @ Stamps

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Planning a trip to Calgary? Get there a day early to see the 79th Hardy Cup which kicks off at Noon MT on Saturday. I have the (1)Dinos as -14.5 over UBC, but stranger things have happened at this level.

If you can't make it, it's on Global at 11 PT.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think it's on at 11 AM
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jim, I enjoyed last week's telecast and I'll be watching again and cheering for UBC. Do you know yet how many people watched the UBC-Manitoba game?
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Jim, I enjoyed last week's telecast and I'll be watching again and cheering for UBC. Do you know yet how many people watched the UBC-Manitoba game?

We should get the numbers very soon. Fingers crossed that it was a moderate success. 29-0 at the half did not help the cause.
BakeTEAM1040
prospect

I had Michael O'Connor on Game Night last night. Link below:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040- ... s-1.391892
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Thanks for getting the word out, Bake...

Here's the latest KCU and if there is one part you want to watch it's at the 16:00 mark, where X's and Olson break down the outstanding play of Dino/Stamps draft pick Andrew Buckley.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Very entertaining underway. UBC leading the number 1 ranked Calgary Dinos 28-17 at the half.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Quinn Van Gylswyk nails 46-YD FG to extend UBC lead. Saw him hit a 44yd last week in rain. Victoria kid Lions need on their radar for next year's draft.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow!!!! Huge win by UBC over #1 and unbeaten Dinos. Blake Nill officially a miracle worker. TBirds have come out of nowhere to be within a game of the Vanier Cup.
Blitz
Team Captain

Awesome game. UBC were huge underdogs against the Nuimber 1 rated team in Canada.

Its playoff football ...and anything can happen. It would be wonderful if our Leos could also do the same.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Great win by UBC 34-26. Brandon Deschamps and Quinn van Glyswyk would look good in a Lions uniform.
David
Team Captain

Amazing win by the T-Birds! (somewhat baffling play calls late in the game by Steve Buratto though). Very proud of those guys. :rockin:

Yes, agree that Quinn van Gylswyk would be a great K/P addition to the Lions down the road, but I also like the hard hitting Taylor Loffler as a safety prospect.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Great win by UBC 34-26. Brandon Deschamps and Quinn van Glyswyk would look good in a Lions uniform.
Brandon Deschamps was in a B.C. Lions uniform at training camp this year as an undrafted free agent and caught my eye there as a backup fullback with good hands before being cut and returning to UBC for his fifth year. I believe he's a free agent available to be signed by anyone for next season.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Blake Nill and all involved.

Very exciting.

Here is an excellent interview with Blake Nill.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/11/12 ... kits-pool/
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

I did not see that coming... Odd play calling by Calgary to not fully use the running game.

The Uteck Bowl should be a win for UBC even if they are playing four time zones away at St. FX in Antigonish.