2011 draft.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

it really sucks that the lions traded away the chance to pick Anthony parker who is way better than iunuzzi(sp?) It really ticked me off at the time.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
aklawitter
All Star

he of the 1100 career yards?

given the O schemes used here, i would say that parker would have had pretty much the same impact as iannuzzi
David
Team Captain

Agreed. Parker's getting all the headlines because he had a breakout game against our back-ups. Big whoop.

He only had 443 receiving yards all year. Iannuzzi only had 91, but wasn't given many reps. While that may say something about Iannuzzi, I believe he should be getting more playing time at the wide or field side receiver position. He's a very under-rated punt returner too. He's a straight ahead runner that gets up field in a hurry and has good wheels.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

Parker has had some serious stretches of being ice-cold. Good speed but inconsistent hands; I can count multiple games where he has had multiple drops. And even though he wears the dark eye-shield, you can tell the guy fights it big-time in his head when he gets the dropsies. And a lot of the ones I have seen were total gimmes.
I think it was last year during one game where the commentators noted he needed to change his approach big-time. Not a great attitude, runs lazy routes and relies too much on his speed. And as noted, not consistent actually catching the ball.

And besides, Marco is one smart cookie! Didn't you see he is in the final of Canada's Smartest Person!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

If you want to complain about that maybe you should complain that the Lions shouldn't have made the trade and used the pick on Coehoorn who has been more productive than Parker.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

For the record the deal amounted to Parker, Akwasi Antwi and Matt Walter for Iannuzzi, Hugh O'Neill and Yannick Sage. Having selected O'Neill the Lions then shipped Sean Whyte to Montreal for a 2012 pick that would turn into a piece in the trade that allowed them to move up to take Jabar Westerman while Edmonton took Paztor in BC's slot.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Agreed. Parker's getting all the headlines because he had a breakout game against our back-ups. Big whoop.

He only had 443 receiving yards all year. Iannuzzi only had 91, but wasn't given many reps. While that may say something about Iannuzzi, I believe he should be getting more playing time at the wide or field side receiver position. He's a very under-rated punt returner too. He's a straight ahead runner that gets up field in a hurry and has good wheels.

DH :cool:
Hindsight on drafting is often 20/20, so I'm not going to speak to drafting decisions.

As for the on field observations, though, Please. Ianuzzi's the Dean Valli of Special Teams. And he spent much of 2014 just kind of hanging out at the wide side receiver position.
Bosco
Team Captain

I forever shake my head on why Iannuzzi continues to choose to play in the CFL. A Harvard grad could put his intelligence to good use & make far more $$$ in the business world than risk scrambling his brains (as he has done twice before) :dizzy: as a backup wide receiver / punt returner.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:I forever shake my head on why Iannuzzi continues to choose to play in the CFL. A Harvard grad could put his intelligence to good use & make far more $$$ in the business world than risk scrambling his brains (as he has done twice before) :dizzy: as a backup wide receiver / punt returner.
Networking Bosco, networking! Lots of potential clients he meets on every pass route.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:I forever shake my head on why Iannuzzi continues to choose to play in the CFL. A Harvard grad could put his intelligence to good use & make far more $$$ in the business world than risk scrambling his brains (as he has done twice before) :dizzy: as a backup wide receiver / punt returner.
that is no puzzle to me.

I could have been the worlds foremost genius with multi million dollar job offers, but If I could have played ball, I would have, just for the love of it.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
ballhawk
Legend

He appears to use the Lions for self promotion purposes. Keeps his name out there not for his efforts on the field, but for publicity of his business interests. The Lions are not great in developing Canadian receivers. Why keep them if they are never going to play as receivers and actually get passes. They have wasted Stephen Adelkulu, never all season given a chance.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

ballhawk wrote:He appears to use the Lions for self promotion purposes. Keeps his name out there not for his efforts on the field, but for publicity of his business interests. The Lions are not great in developing Canadian receivers. Why keep them if they are never going to play as receivers and actually get passes. They have wasted Stephen Adelkulu, never all season given a chance.
It doesn't appear to me to be the case, so if you could site some examples of what you claim about Iannuzzi, it might help prove your point. :popcorn: