Cal @ BC - GDT and Post Game Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Game Day Thread

Got some subs. But hardly at the level of pre season. I expect a high level game. Both teams want to win.

Lulay vs Tate.

New receivers for us. But they look highly qualified, as do our other subs.

As sj-roc noted, this substitution pattern must be the preference of Jeff Tedford. Wally never wanted to treat a mean nothing game as anything other than regular season, with no resting of starters.

Looking forward to a good one. I hope Andrew and Travis shoot lights out.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

No matter who's playing or what it means, there is a bit of sadness in knowing this is the last home game for seven months. I don't mind that it's not a must-win game for either team. I'm just looking forward to seeing some Lions football.

I know that this team is capable of big things if it cuts down on mistakes. Can it repeat the success of the third-place Lions teams of 1994 and 2000? A solid victory in this game, and solid special-teams play, can be a confidence-booster, even in a so-called mean-nothing game.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I guess we get a pre-season game at BC Place after all. Can only imagine how vanilla the play calling is going to be on both sides of the ball. Although in Washington's case maybe this means he is sending 6 or 7 guys on every play if he wants to go away from what he usually does.

Fera will have to be absolutely lights out to unseed Leone for the playoff game. Still think an effective punter is greater asset than a place kicker especially with the 2-point convert now very much in play. Lions should just go that route next week.

Don't be surprised if Fan Appreciation Day includes the Lions blowing out all their Reebok apparel at 50 percent off as they get a jump on the annual Locker Room sale and the transition to Adidas next season. The official CFL Shop online store is already doing so.

Interesting that Farhan tweeted on Thursday 2-year contract extensions for Gore and Husband yet Lions have not confirmed it yet.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:I guess we get a pre-season game at BC Place after all. Can only imagine how vanilla the play calling is going to be on both sides of the ball. Although in Washington's case maybe this means he is sending 6 or 7 guys on every play if he wants to go away from what he usually does.
Vanilla. That is interesting, Sammy. We don't feature trick plays as it is. To me it is more a question of attack philosophy or conservative, old school philosophy. Small playbook for this game? Dunno. I don't think that is necessarily the best strategy. This is an ideal time to test the playbook.

Until lately our defence has stayed ultra conservative. Nice to see more blitzing, and overloads, etc., with the attendant better pressure on the QB.

On offence, the big difference just might be Jennings himself, making plays work.

Defence? Better than it was. Promising.

Offence? Passing game promising.

Run game? Dismal for the most part. And that is not on Andrew, IMO.

STs? Dismal. Too late for a shakeup? Not going to happen. But more involvement by Tedford is in order.

We have some hope. Hope for exciting football.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

SammyGreene wrote:I guess we get a pre-season game at BC Place after all. Can only imagine how vanilla the play calling is going to be on both sides of the ball. Although in Washington's case maybe this means he is sending 6 or 7 guys on every play if he wants to go away from what he usually does.

Fera will have to be absolutely lights out to unseed Leone for the playoff game. Still think an effective punter is greater asset than a place kicker especially with the 2-point convert now very much in play. Lions should just go that route next week.

Don't be surprised if Fan Appreciation Day includes the Lions blowing out all their Reebok apparel at 50 percent off as they get a jump on the annual Locker Room sale and the transition to Adidas next season. The official CFL Shop online store is already doing so.

Interesting that Farhan tweeted on Thursday 2-year contract extensions for Gore and Husband yet Lions have not confirmed it yet.
If the Lions plan on playing Leone next week, then he should be playing this week to try and iron out FG kicking difficulties which at least in part are due to a lack of experience...so get him some more experience. :bang:

I also agree that especially with the possibility of 2 point converts, it makes sense to go with the guy who is the best punter. :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice gesture of the Lions to salute the fans at center field.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Here's our look atFera
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Field goal wide
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Why are the Lions in the spread on 3rd and 1 ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Fera's 2nd attempt good 44 yards
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sack by Ajufo
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Bad decision by Parks to run the missed field goal out
maxlion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Bad decision by Parks to run the missed field goal out
To his credit, he also took a knee :dizzy:
maxlion
Legend

Offense is looking like it did earlier in the year, pre-Jennings.
dupsdell1
Champion

maxlion wrote:Offense is looking like it did earlier in the year, pre-Jennings.

THis is A JOKE not even playing the starters Lulay is done . Lions are going to get killed next week