New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

DanoT wrote: While that is quite an impressive collection, your wife would have to be pretty gullible to believe that a bunch of used jerseys are worth anything more than what you paid for them and they are most likely worth less.
Oh I know that she knows I am stringing a line of BS. It's one of those tacit things where as long as I offer up something that sounds just a teeny bit plausible, she leaves me to my own devices. Besides her collection is not too shabby either....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Important to keep the wife happy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Important to keep the wife happy
My wife got one of the jerseys I received for renewing my tickets. She hasn't attended a game this year but she's excited to have her first Lions' jersey.
Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
David wrote:I also have it on good authority that the only reason we did not return to the gun metal jerseys for a game or two this year is because Skulsky doesn't like them. He thinks our identity is orange and should stay in the current colours.

DH :cool:
One of the many reasons I won't miss him when he's gone.
I would be getting rid of Skulsky before I got rid of the gun metal jersey's alright. If the Lions actually used those thirds more often, the sales would have reflected the interest that they sparked when they were initially introduced to the public. Hard to consider buying that jersy knowing the Lions aren't going to use them, and nobody is buying the excuse that the Lions record was the reasoning for not using them anymore. If David's source is right (and I believe David when he offers his sources info), Skulsky continuously shows how out of sync/touch he is with the direction the Lions need to take for the younger fans to identify with the team.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Skulsky should re-read The Waterboy, and imagine what Ackles would say if he could see the current state of the Lions fanbase.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Very disappointed the Lions store couldn't do any cresting on site as they ran out of e and n. Go figure. The lineup to pick up free jerseys was very long so maybe all is not lost on next year's fan base. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Maybe they never had a gun metal golf shirt in 6XL. If Skulsky can't wear one on the sidelines and pretend he is part of the coaching staff, he is not letting anyone wear those jerseys.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I take it no one likes Skulsky around here.
CardiacKid
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:Very disappointed the Lions store couldn't do any cresting on site as they ran out of e and n. Go figure. The lineup to pick up free jerseys was very long so maybe all is not lost on next year's fan base. BB
Yes, that was very disappointing. Especially when you are not local and can't make a stop at the practice facility to pick it up when they do get the E and Ns in stock.
I was told there is a possibility they would send it via post so I left it with them in the hopes there will not be a problem. I wasn't so keen on hearing "possibility"...if there is an issue about getting it to me, I will be reminding them that the team name is "BC Lions", not Vancouver or Lower Mainland Lions.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:Very disappointed the Lions store couldn't do any cresting on site as they ran out of e and n. Go figure. The lineup to pick up free jerseys was very long so maybe all is not lost on next year's fan base. BB
Yes, that was very disappointing. Especially when you are not local and can't make a stop at the practice facility to pick it up when they do get the E and Ns in stock.
I was told there is a possibility they would send it via post so I left it with them in the hopes there will not be a problem. I wasn't so keen on hearing "possibility"...if there is an issue about getting it to me, I will be reminding them that the team name is "BC Lions", not Vancouver or Lower Mainland Lions.
Im in North Van so pickup is not too big a problem, its whether its ready for Sunday. I hope to be sporting a gun metal Jennings jeresy at the Persona. Grand Villa. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:
Im in North Van so pickup is not too big a problem, its whether its ready for Sunday. I hope to be sporting a gun metal Jennings jeresy at the Persona. Grand Villa. Thnx BB
Just don't let David get a Jennings jersey at the end of year season sale, Bob. Good choice on the jersey though, hope Jennings is here long term.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lionheart wrote:I take it no one likes Skulsky around here.
Apparently Skulsky and Buono run authoritarian dictatorships and everybody else on staff are merely puppets and window dressing not allowed to participate or provide input into decisions or strategies.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Apparently Skulsky and Buono run authoritarian dictatorships and everybody else on staff are merely puppets and window dressing not allowed to participate or provide input into decisions or strategies.
Sounds like our former Prime Minister.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:
Hambone wrote:
Sounds like our former Prime Minister.
I'll bet that when Wally was both GM and HC and if someone suggested that he was a benevolent dictator, he would agree.
seamack3
prospect

I think the gun metal grey uni's are the best alternate jersey in the CFL. Also really liked the retro jerseys they wore a few years ago at Empire Field. It's not a big concern for me if they continue to play in them or not... if I like the jersey I'm still happy to wear it... much more concerned that the player & number chosen sticks around for awhile... not like Yonus Davis. And the current Lions home & road uni's are nice too, although I've always liked the black helmets more. But with Ottawa back in the picture, there would be 3 of 9 teams wearing black, sometimes 4 with Calgary. Although usually when Ottawa is playing at McMahon, it looks like the RedBlacks are hosting the WhiteBlacks. I hope the 2016 Lions version don't go the way of the uglier uni's of the CFL, the aforementioned Ottawa, as well as the roads for Saskatchewan & Calgary. Hamilton has probably the nicest home & roads, but their alternate uni's totally miss the mark. And I wish the Bombers would return to their classic royal blue jersey.