New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

DanoT wrote:It looks like it might be black with orange highlights. Perhaps an evolution of the popular but short lived gun metal grey jerseys.
It seems to be "less is more" in presentation. It looks promising for sure.
Spud387
Champion

DanoT wrote:It looks like it might be black with orange highlights. Perhaps an evolution of the popular but short lived gun metal grey jerseys.

Yes, I think you are right. I played around with the image settings to get some more detail out of it.

Looks like it is Black with an orange section traveling up the sides and around the sleeves then the sleeves are tipped off with some black.
Qman
Champion

Spud387 wrote:

Yes, I think you are right. I played around with the image settings to get some more detail out of it.

Looks like it is Black with an orange section traveling up the sides and around the sleeves then the sleeves are tipped off with some black.
Don't buy this. Thats just the reflection off sheen of the jersey material. My bet is still all black
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Certainly seem to resemble to the gun metal more than anything else. Maybe the reason Skulsky shelved the uniforms last season if he knew they were headed this way when the Adidas deal was struck over a year ago. Ackles definitely wanted to re-establish the orange when he returned in 2002 but that was also 14 years ago. If this sells to the younger demographics then its a big plus for the Lions and the league.
BC 1988
Legend

I doubt anyone but us on this forum is doing this, but it looks like we will have a gloss black helmet--not the matte one that was part of the GMG 3rds.

I was tired of the white helmet--good move to go with black.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

BC 1988 wrote:I doubt anyone but us on this forum is doing this, but it looks like we will have a gloss black helmet--not the matte one that was part of the GMG 3rds.

I was tired of the white helmet--good move to go with black.
Crap. Just when I thought I could avoid buying a different game used helmet they're going to come out with a new one I don't have in the collection.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

More black please.
David
Team Captain

Thanks for posting the video. Some immediate thoughts:

* I've never been a fan of the wide stripe along the sides of the jersey (a la the Denver Broncos), but that's just me. :thdn:

* I prefer black to orange (I like orange but just not as much as we've been fed), so I will probably like this more than I thought I would. :thup:

* At least it looks like they had the good sense to go with a richer, deeper shade of orange, which is more in-keeping with the club's traditional burnt orange and ebony black colour scheme. :thup:

* While they haven't changed the logo, it certainly looks like they've modified it. :thdn:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Honour Dewalt
Champion

First off, as a bit of a geek for uniforms and logos etc. I was quite excited to see at least a hint of what's to come. (I'm going on vacation two days before the release, yet I'm counting down the days until we see the new unis.

My first impression, even though I am pro-orange, is that even though we don't see much, it seems pretty cool. (We'll see)
Then I enlarged the video, and I saw what others saw, orange along the body. It's still possible that it's reflection from the lights off the black jersey, but if you look close at the end of the shot of the sleeve, you can see a little orange from what I think is the back part of the body.

Next, the logo on the helmet. I'm not totally sure if it has been modified, or if this is just the first time we've seen this particular logo on a black helmet, and they've added an orange surrounding outline. If they've change it in any way, it's very subtle, which I like. And even though we see specks on the black paint, making us think glossy / speckled, the helmet still looks kind of matte to me. (EDIT: after upping my brightness, I think what I saw as matte was just the background. )

One thing it looks like we can be sure of, is that there are no white pants and helmet. Being a fan since the 80's, that's always been my favourite look, and I've got mixed feelings about parting with that, but I do have this feeling I might like these too. Now I'm even more anxious to see these!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
BC 1988 wrote: (PLEASE no more logos on the front like the Argos 3rds last season).
I thought those looked fantastic, especially in the whites.
Yes, the whites retro style (going back to the '60's) was good, but then they had to go and put the big "A" logo on the front. The same thing with EDM 3rds, a gigantic logo on the front of what was otherwise not a bad uni.
Yeah, I liked that big A logo a lot. It's not the '50s anymore. We have HD and lots of graphics to help us to know who's who. We no longer need giant numbers on both sides of the jersey anymore IMO.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:More black please.
If Roar Report's tweets are anything to go by, that's what you'll be getting.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:Yeah, I liked that big A logo a lot. It's not the '50s anymore. We have HD and lots of graphics to help us to know who's who. We no longer need giant numbers on both sides of the jersey anymore IMO.
Sounds like you're saying we should go closer to a hockey-style jersey? :twisted:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

If you are watching in a noisy bar, then numbers front and back are nice.
Spud387
Champion

Another cryptic video. Definitely hinting that black is the primary colour.
BC 1988
Legend

DanoT wrote:If you are watching in a noisy bar, then numbers front and back are nice.
The other problem I have with logos on the front is it gives the impression that the CFL is hokey, no standardization (remember the Birmingham and Memphis CFL unis?). I don't recall the NFL ever allowing that sort of thing.

One thing I think the CFL did well was corporate ads being limited to the 2 small rectangular bars that they have now. European Football managed to make the corporate sponsor more important than the team crest, which is confined to a tiny area of the jersey. (With regular changes in the sponsor, fans constantly have to buy new ones. Chelsea FC had SAMSUNG for a 10 year deal, and even they finally changed to YOKOHAMA).