New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

Spud387 wrote:Another cryptic video. Definitely hinting that black is the primary colour.
Interesting if they actually use orange for the Adidas logo on the uni. I'm wondering if they will use different colors for the other teams (who don't already have orange as a team color).
squishy35
Legend

BC 1988 wrote:
Spud387 wrote:Another cryptic video. Definitely hinting that black is the primary colour.
Interesting if they actually use orange for the Adidas logo on the uni. I'm wondering if they will use different colors for the other teams (who don't already have orange as a team color).

CardiacKid
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:
cromartie wrote:More black please.
If Roar Report's tweets are anything to go by, that's what you'll be getting.
I really liked the gun-metal jerseys and my wife even more (we bought her one after the first quarter during that game against Calgary when they were unveiled). But I started to wonder....how will an all-black or mostly black uni affect the players when they are under a hot eastern Canadian sun on a humid day? I hate wearing black on a sunny day; I totally notice the difference in comparison to wearing white. Are they going to sweat more and thus cramp up more? Will it impact performance as their body heat is higher than their opponents? Just wondering.....

Hey maybe I am spouting balderdash but remember that Seinfeld episode where George had the Yankees unis changed over to cotton? Got to think these changes through...

Well here's to hoping its a burnt orange a la the '70s jerseys and they don't perform a big song and dance about any potential logo updates like the Rough Riders did with their "complete revamping" of their logo. You needed a microscope to spot their updates...embarrassing.

I did speak with a couple of sales guys at our local Jersey City/Lids outlet and they thought the fact Adidas was handling the new jerseys was cause for optimism. But Reebok is owned by Adidas so I have to wonder if there will be any difference with quality, design, etc.
Qman
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
cromartie wrote:More black please.
If Roar Report's tweets are anything to go by, that's what you'll be getting.
I really liked the gun-metal jerseys and my wife even more (we bought her one after the first quarter during that game against Calgary when they were unveiled). But I started to wonder....how will an all-black or mostly black uni affect the players when they are under a hot eastern Canadian sun on a humid day? I hate wearing black on a sunny day; I totally notice the difference in comparison to wearing white. Are they going to sweat more and thus cramp up more? Will it impact performance as their body heat is higher than their opponents? Just wondering.....

Hey maybe I am spouting balderdash but remember that Seinfeld episode where George had the Yankees unis changed over to cotton? Got to think these changes through...

Well here's to hoping its a burnt orange a la the '70s jerseys and they don't perform a big song and dance about any potential logo updates like the Rough Riders did with their "complete revamping" of their logo. You needed a microscope to spot their updates...embarrassing.

I did speak with a couple of sales guys at our local Jersey City/Lids outlet and they thought the fact Adidas was handling the new jerseys was cause for optimism. But Reebok is owned by Adidas so I have to wonder if there will be any difference with quality, design, etc.
won't wear black on the road ... just bc place
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Honour Dewalt wrote: One thing it looks like we can be sure of, is that there are no white pants and helmet. Being a fan since the 80's, that's always been my favourite look, and I've got mixed feelings about parting with that, but I do have this feeling I might like these too. Now I'm even more anxious to see these!
I knew you'd come around eventually. :rotf:
CardiacKid
Legend

Just read a tweet that is talking about a rumour the new RedBlacks uniform will feature a hashtag for RNation running down the leg. If hashtags are going to decorate the new Adidas uniforms amongst all the teams, all I can say is "eeeewwwwww".......
David
Team Captain

CFL News ‏@CFL_News · 7h7 hours ago

The one uniform that is getting rave reviews is that of the B.C. Lions. - @TimCBaines #CFL #BCLions
This is encouraging, but I'll reserve judgment 'til they're officially launched. No sense getting my hopes up now, only to see "Darth Vader" modelling the new duds.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:
CFL News ‏@CFL_News · 7h7 hours ago

The one uniform that is getting rave reviews is that of the B.C. Lions. - @TimCBaines #CFL #BCLions
This is encouraging, but I'll reserve judgment 'til they're officially launched. No sense getting my hopes up now, only to see "Darth Vader" modelling the new duds.

DH :cool:
Who is doing the reviewing? Ana Wintour or Larry the Cable Guy?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:Just read a tweet that is talking about a rumour the new RedBlacks uniform will feature a hashtag for RNation running down the leg. If hashtags are going to decorate the new Adidas uniforms amongst all the teams, all I can say is "eeeewwwwww".......
Don't you mean #eeeewwwwww? :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:Yeah, I liked that big A logo a lot. It's not the '50s anymore. We have HD and lots of graphics to help us to know who's who. We no longer need giant numbers on both sides of the jersey anymore IMO.
Sounds like you're saying we should go closer to a hockey-style jersey? :twisted:
Sure. Totally okay with that.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

sj-roc wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:Yeah, I liked that big A logo a lot. It's not the '50s anymore. We have HD and lots of graphics to help us to know who's who. We no longer need giant numbers on both sides of the jersey anymore IMO.
Sounds like you're saying we should go closer to a hockey-style jersey? :twisted:
Maybe there's a certain bias being a Canadian but I've long thought there is no better looking jersey in pro sports than hockey jerseys. There's just a clear, crisp look to them that makes the rest of the sports look rather bland. A big part of that may be the logo on the front, number on the back aspect.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
squishy35
Legend

Hambone wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Maybe there's a certain bias being a Canadian but I've long thought there is no better looking jersey in pro sports than hockey jerseys. There's just a clear, crisp look to them that makes the rest of the sports look rather bland. A big part of that may be the logo on the front, number on the back aspect.
A 'source' has informed me to look for an Orange jersey with black at the shoulder with the Orange stripe......... Apparently, it will look pretty awesome.
Qman
Champion

FYI: RoarReport on twitter threw this out today. This guy previously was pro Darth Vader look

@RoarReport
Note: #bclions offence is in Orange colours and QBs are in Black colours ... this would indicated primarily ORANGE jersey
#cfl

13d to go!
squishy35
Legend

:beer: http://www.bclions.com/2016/04/30/bc-li ... -teaser-4/

More Trailers..... Adam Bighill is the Star. Liking the helmet stripe.
Lionsfan65
Starter

squishy35 wrote::beer: http://www.bclions.com/2016/04/30/bc-li ... -teaser-4/

More Trailers..... Adam Bighill is the Star. Liking the helmet stripe
Looks sort of similar to the black alternates that we had in the mid 2000's, which, if I'm not mistaken were based off of the 1960's unis.

Black helmet and black pants with an orange stripe, black jersey with solid orange numbers and orange stripe on the sleeve.

Looks pretty cool if I do say so myself. :cool: