New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Bosco
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Hambone wrote:
Lionheart wrote:I take it no one likes Skulsky around here.
Apparently Skulsky and Buono run authoritarian dictatorships and everybody else on staff are merely puppets and window dressing not allowed to participate or provide input into decisions or strategies.
Sounds like our former Prime Minister.

Good One, Lion King! :rotf:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Just picked up my Jennings jersey. Very pleased. Pro Stiching was only 20.00 extra. well worth it. Anyways picked up an extra 2015 media guide and 2015 training camp guide. Yours free for the asking. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
CardiacKid
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:Just picked up my Jennings jersey. Very pleased. Pro Stiching was only 20.00 extra. well worth it. Anyways picked up an extra 2015 media guide and 2015 training camp guide. Yours free for the asking. Thnx BB
So they got their "N"s and "E"s in? I will have to phone and find out what the status is for us Islanders with jersey orders.
BC 1988
Legend

seamack3 wrote:I think the gun metal grey uni's are the best alternate jersey in the CFL. Also really liked the retro jerseys they wore a few years ago at Empire Field. It's not a big concern for me if they continue to play in them or not... if I like the jersey I'm still happy to wear it... much more concerned that the player & number chosen sticks around for awhile... not like Yonus Davis. And the current Lions home & road uni's are nice too, although I've always liked the black helmets more. But with Ottawa back in the picture, there would be 3 of 9 teams wearing black, sometimes 4 with Calgary. Although usually when Ottawa is playing at McMahon, it looks like the RedBlacks are hosting the WhiteBlacks. I hope the 2016 Lions version don't go the way of the uglier uni's of the CFL, the aforementioned Ottawa, as well as the roads for Saskatchewan & Calgary. Hamilton has probably the nicest home & roads, but their alternate uni's totally miss the mark. And I wish the Bombers would return to their classic royal blue jersey.
Agreed that the GMG Lions 3rd's were the best rendering--apart from the legibility of the numbers from a distance, they actually looked like a functional uni. OTT, TOR, WPG, and EDM all borrowed from the Birmingham Barracudas/Memphis Mad Dogs idea of logos on the front. For a football jersey, that's just wrong.

CGY didn't use their 3rd at home against OTT
http://cfl.ca/article/stamps-gallop-ove ... to-victory
but they did in this matchup vs EDM
http://cfl.ca/article/labour-d-stamps-d ... ff-eskimos
You're right, maybe they realized it would look too "alternate universe" to watch.

I read recently that WPG will be bringing back their classic royal blue jersey full-time as their home uni next season. They should also go with the old road whites too. The current road gold looks like a practice uni.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Lionheart wrote:I take it no one likes Skulsky around here.
Apparently Skulsky and Buono run authoritarian dictatorships and everybody else on staff are merely puppets and window dressing not allowed to participate or provide input into decisions or strategies.
You can not like one, or both, and not have that strict of a view on the two.

I'm not a Skulsky fan. Team Presidents should be neither seen nor heard outside of the business community unless they're firing or hiring a General Manager. Your responsibility is to grow the business side and stay out of the way of the football operations side. In addition to some, oh let's say dubious business decisions, Skulsky needless injects himself onto camera when football side decisions are made, often with head shaking results. I wouldn't miss him, personally.
Qman
Champion

May 12th is the grand reveal for new jersey

given skulsky was involved, this is my prediction:
basically the same orange with white numbers. They may change the watermark "BCLIONS" and number fonts slightly. No big change

what should it be:
go gun metal at home ... but skulsky hates them
Spud387
Champion

Qman wrote:May 12th is the grand reveal for new jersey

given skulsky was involved, this is my prediction:
basically the same orange with white numbers. They may change the watermark "BCLIONS" and number fonts slightly. No big change

what should it be:
go gun metal at home ... but skulsky hates them
Twitter reports say there is quite the drastic change for our jerseys. Will be interesting to see.
Lionsfan65
Starter

For a football uniform I have to say that darker colors, such as black, look much more intimidating.
Personally I would prefer if our uniforms had more black, like the gun metal ones, even orange with black numbers, like the 70's jersey.
Spud387
Champion

I like having Orange as a primary color. It promotes the Lions colors and makes the apparel more recognizable.
IMHO I'd like to see the home jerseys with 60% Orange | 30% Black | 10% White color distribution.
Orange is still the primary, but black is a lot more prominent.
David
Team Captain

I'd love to be wrong, but I've got a sinking feeling that there's going to be a lot of pissed off Lions fans coming to this board next month to commiserate once the new Adidas jerseys are unveiled. Why? Well, first, they took a really good idea (the gun metal 3rds) and buried it faster than Jimmy Hoffa. Sure, they may have been an announcer's worst nightmare (the numbers could have easily been tweaked), but the players and most fans loved them. Except Skulsky.

And therein lies my pessimism. I don't trust his fashion sense.

Just go to any outlet that sells Lions gear. BC Place, Sports N Stuff, YVR, online - you name it - and you'll see 50 different shades of orange on Lions gear. Brownish orange, bright orange, burnt orange....basically every different orange pantone - it's a mess. The club is so sloppy in what it allows its licensed goods manufacturers to produce, it shows me there's no QC at the top. Add in the panic and poor decision making that losing organizations with dwindling fan bases seem to make, and the club's pandering to win over younger fans, and this spells potential disaster.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:I'd love to be wrong, but I've got a sinking feeling that there's going to be a lot of pissed off Lions fans coming to this board next month to commiserate once the new Adidas jerseys are unveiled. Why? Well, first, they took a really good idea (the gun metal 3rds) and buried it faster than Jimmy Hoffa. Sure, they may have been an announcer's worst nightmare (they could have easily been tweaked), but the players and most fans loved them. Except Skulsky.

Just go to any outlet that sells Lions gear. BC Place, Sports N Stuff, YVR, online - you name it - and you'll see 50 different shades of orange on Lions gear. Brownish orange, bright orange, burnt orange....basically every different orange pantone - it's a mess. The club is so sloppy in what it allows its licensed goods manufacturers to produce, it shows me there's no QC at the top. Add in the panic and poor decision making that losing organizations with dwindling fan bases seem to make, and the club's pandering to win over younger fans, and this spells potential disaster.

The gun metal jerseys were a hit and just needed brighter numbers and then they could have sold a ton of these jerseys. So when it comes to Skulsky, I don't trust his financial sense.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:I'd love to be wrong, but I've got a sinking feeling that there's going to be a lot of pissed off Lions fans coming to this board next month to commiserate once the new Adidas jerseys are unveiled. Why? Well, first, they took a really good idea (the gun metal 3rds) and buried it faster than Jimmy Hoffa. Sure, they may have been an announcer's worst nightmare (they could have easily been tweaked), but the players and most fans loved them. Except Skulsky.

There's a lot of pessimism in that post, David. I'm not looking forward to the new jerseys and I'll be the first to complain if I don't like what I see but I have faith that Skulsky and the Lions' marketing team will ensure the Lions' signature shade of orange is maintained in the new uniforms. The Lions have been consistent in building their brand recognition. They have sold a lot of orange gear over the years and have worked to standardize that shade of orange in their products.. Like a lot of people, I'll be wearing my new orange jersey from last year's ticket-renewal giveaway this season. I'll be disappointed if that's not the primary colour of the new uniforms.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:The gun metal jerseys were a hit and just needed brighter numbers and then they could have sold a ton of these jerseys. So when it comes to Skulsky, I don't trust his financial sense.
Gun metal jerseys were great as a 3rd jersey to be trotted out just enough to keep them special. Personally I'm not sure I wouldn't have already grown tired of them had they become the every day jersey with gun metal black helmet to cleats. And how would one spin them into a appealing road jersey?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:Gun metal jerseys were great as a 3rd jersey to be trotted out just enough to keep them special.
I didn't think they wore them enough. 3x in 3 years by my count - twice at home and once on the road (Toronto). Hardly enough for consumer fatigue.
B.C.FAN wrote:.....but I have faith that Skulsky and the Lions' marketing team will ensure the Lions' signature shade of orange is maintained in the new uniforms.
What Marketing team? Pitblado's gone, but he was never a marketer. Now it's Terri Breker (who used to work here but was most recently with the Abbotsford Heat) and the young girl who announces the promotional contests at BC Place, who doubles as the Marketing Coordinator. No, I'm not kidding.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
Hambone wrote:Gun metal jerseys were great as a 3rd jersey to be trotted out just enough to keep them special.
I didn't think they wore them enough. 3x in 3 years by my count - twice at home and once on the road (Toronto). Hardly enough for consumer fatigue.
I think you you correct on the 3 times. The first time wasn't the original plan. They were going to unveil them at the later game. That I think was shrewd as it blew everybody away including the players who had no idea they were coming until after they came off the field following pre-game warmups if I recall. I suppose a question to be asked is how did sales of them progress and was that the factor in how often they were worn? They certainly flew off the shelfs at the stadium that night. But did they stay strong or nosedive to a trickle after the initial frenzy? That I can't answer.
Last edited by Hambone on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.