Lions vs. The Als Thursday, Sept. 3rd

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

InUrFace
Rookie

B.C.FAN wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:I was thinking yesterday if the question of a thread was "What is the one positive you see for BC heading into the Als game this week?" how would I reply to that? What is the one positive thing I've picked up since the last game from the media, coaches' statements or what I saw from the listless lifeless Lions in the last few games?

The only positive thing I can think of is that they got a week's rest and a party at Tedford's house.
The Lions have finally shown that they are willing to juggle their lineup to remove underperforming players. Inserting Burnham and Hawkins as starting receivers and moving Arceneaux around will at least keep the Als off guard, and inserting Minter and perhaps Parker and Dickson on defence could plug the holes that the Als and other opponents have freely exploited.
After EA mouthing off about Mont he better back it up with plays and TDs if he doesnt then all that talk is cheap and useless. I see Mont using that against us on the field to show what a team they are ....If they beat Ham then we in trouble. Might be a rematch but maybe deja vu all over again. 2 more days to go. I wonder how practices went here with wind and rain. Today they will get a better practice in since its not that bad out. Still maybe a storm in Mont on that field and the running game of Mont be lighting and the thunder be the passing. So just lets see what happens. If we do how ever lose. Then I say make this a rebuilding year and start developing our future QBs on the field, we need to know if its someone we have all ready or still have to search. Please also start looking for a real DC and STC they both dont cut it here so they should be cut from here. Maybe on that list a new OC lol wow this list will be along one lol :bang:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Mike Beamish offers more details on the addition of Lavelle Hawkins and on Jeff Tedford's efforts to get faster on offence:
With the additions of Hawkins, Burnham and returner/running back Chris Rainey, who joined the team last Friday for the first practice following a bye week, Tedford is endeavouring to load up on players he terms “fast-twitchers and ankle-breakers.”

Speed, and moves that can make prospective tacklers stagger like frat boys on a Friday night, are welcomed concepts for a sluggish Lions offence that relies heavily on Andrew Harris and, too often, a fling and a prayer.

“We’re trying to be more dynamic on offence, trying to get guys in certain positions,” Tedford explained. “Making guys miss, yards after catch, those (plays) provide a boost for your team. I know what Hawkins can do (Tedford coached him for three seasons at Cal). He can provide explosion, if we get him the football.”
Lions turn to speedy receivers to liven up struggling offence

I don't know how fast Hawkins really is. He didn't stand out at mini-camp or on the first day of training camp before he broke his arm. He ran a 4.57 40 at the 2008 NFL combine, which ranks among the times of the other international receivers on the Lions roster. Canadians Shaquille Murray-Lawrence and Shawn Gore ran faster times in their CFL draft years, as did the recently released A.C. Leonard in the 2014 NFL combine. Hopefully Hawkins will be able to draw on his NFL experience to get open and can be the "fast-twitcher" that Tedford is seeking to make people miss in the open field.
I think I've become like the LIONS players when they listen to Jeff Tedford and it's not dissimilar to what your dog hears from you other than when you say Sit.... it's all just blah, blah, blah, blah blah.... etc etc. No one is listening or he's blown so much smoke up their collective ARSES that they actually believe they are good.
You can look at it as a change in philosophy but I think it’s just trying to get our guys in their best positions, get more speed on the field and be more dynamic,” the Lions’ head coach says. “
To which I'd say: What philosophy? You talked in TC how about up tempo and made people think you have such an explosive, quick team and something new and it's the same George Cortez calling pretty much the same stuff he's known for. So now we get it was injuries but this is not clear.

Jeff Tedford sounds like a really decent human being as is President Jimmy Carter but both have one other trait in common it seems. What I'd call the Juanita Kreps Syndrome (I'm naming this as she identified it). It's what Juanita told Warren Bennis (I spoke to him on the phone once - he was a super decent man out of our price range ...lol... but he introduced me to James O'Toole - a colleague who was right priced so he got hired a few times). Juanita told Bennis the leadership guru that as Carter's Commerce Sec'y she never grasped what he was working for as POTUS. "It was like looking at the wrong side of a tapestry. Everything was blurry and indistinct."

I have looked for this quote for years online but just now with the magic of Google found it....

Bennis is right when he says every successful leader has an overriding idea a compelling vision and "laser-beam intensity" when they speak to the vision. He adds on other topics these folks can be just as boring as any of us.

Wally is not a good speaker as a HC but a very good interview. But IF I were a player playing for Wally I'd know very, very clearly what success looks like with his teams. Do your job or I'll replace you. You'd know this guy would not be loyal to you for last year or even last game so if he calls you back to TC you recycle back and do your job. As to knowing where you stand with him, if he's thinking of not bringing you back? Well here he's not a player friendly person. You won't put Wally on your Christmas card list as Blitz has noted in the past. His laser-intensity idea is in the high range as he has said 'my job is to find a player better than you'. Not as compelling a vision in the football side as to how they want to play... but players must execute.

Hufnagel...Not a great speaker and not a long, long talker but It's pretty clear what he believes in (His vision, etc) and that you do your job with this dude and his coaches and he'll keep you around. You'll know where you stand as he will tell you if you mess up. His coaches are extensions of him and they not only have power and say - you need them on your side too. When they let you go as they did Nik Lewis - it seems classy and not a lot of hard feelings. His laser-intensity vision is in the high range.

Austin - same with Hufnagel only he comes with more of an in your face edge in game situations. He is more articulate in his vision for the team and his laser-intensity is the highest of all in the CFL. He and his staff are a tight group but they know the kind of player they want and he's gone through many to get the fit. He is do you job - players must execute or be executed.

Milanovich - I know less of but he's focused and selects good assistants and can get his team dealing with inconveniences - like nowhere to practice and nowhere to play - and still do well. He rewards those like Kackert who've done wonders for them in the past. Players love that kind of coach.

Jones - clear on his def philosophy - not as clear as overall HC but it seems a performance oriented environment.

Campbell - not sure of him as I don't know a lot of his views.

Chamblin - did odd things like closed practice days for fans etc but preached togetherness like Tedford does but it was never clear where he stood with a vision and now he 's been de facto OC - yikes it's ugly. How he conducted himself with I dont worry about my job was bizarre. Says the wrong thing to the team.

Tedford - Too much Juanita kreps Syndrome symptoms for my liking.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

Willes: Tedford says Lions’ personnel changes don't signal a radical departure from offensive philosophy

By Ed Willes, The Province September 1, 2015 5:50 PM

Despite their showing in the first half of the CFL season, the BC Lions leave a glimmer of hope for fans looking to the second half and a comeback.

When the B.C. Lions line up against the Montreal Alouettes on Thursday night, their offence will feature two new receivers and a new running back, which, depending on how you compute these things, represents a 50-per-cent turnover in the team’s skill positions.

This, in turn, would seem to indicate a clear change in the direction — both philosophically and schematically — of the beleaguered unit. It also raises some interesting questions about the offence the Lions promised back in training camp, what they’ve delivered thus far, and the wisdom of making dramatic revisions in midseason.

That’s, at least, the way a lot of Lions supporters would see things. As for the architect of these changes, not so much. Maybe it’s a fine semantical argument, but Jeff Tedford doesn’t regard the new-look offence as a radical departure from his core philosophy, nor does he think it represents a crucial point of this Lions season.

“You can look at it as a change in philosophy but I think it’s just trying to get our guys in their best positions, get more speed on the field and be more dynamic,” the Lions’ head coach says. “We’ve got guys who are coming off injuries and now they’re ready to play.”

Fine. But, no matter your take, here’s the real question facing the Lions: Will the changes have the desired effect? — because they have a lot riding on the answer.

The Leos face more than a few challenges as they head into the guts of their campaign — their 3-5 record being principal among them — but the most perplexing concerns the offence. Tedford, as it’s been noted, arrived this season with a reputation as an offensive mastermind who, given the wide-open Canadian field and the Lions’ weapons, would unleash sound and fury on the CFL this season.

Training camp, moreover, featured a lot of brave talk about an uptempo attack which would confuse and confound defences around the league. But after eight regular-season games, the only confused souls are Lions fans who are still waiting for the promised fireworks. Instead, they’ve watched an offence which has been overly reliant on running back Andrew Harris and sits in the bottom third of the CFL’s relevant passing categories.

Hopefully that changes this week. Against the Alouettes, Bryan Burnham and Lavelle Hawkins join the receiving corps and Chris Rainey steps into the return game and the backfield as Harris’s understudy. Burnham has been around for a couple of years now and has shown flashes. Hawkins played for Tedford at Cal and spent five seasons with the NFL’s Tennessee Titans. Rainey played on the 2009 Florida Gators national championship team.

Individually, they all possess some credentials, but it’s the collective which should be noted. The new players are faster and more explosive than their predecessors and, yes, that changes the look of the offence.

“We definitely got a little one-dimensional and it made it easier for teams to key on what we were doing,” says Harris. “Now we have more weapons. I’m looking forward to see how it all plays out.”

He’s not alone there.

Among other things, the roster reconstruction signals an end to the H-back experiment, which saw the Lions devoting one of their receiving spots to a tight-end type. In theory, the bigger body was supposed to help in the running game and pass protection while creating physical mismatches in the passing game. The problem was that Cam Moorah was injured in the second game of the season and his replacement, A.C. Leonard, was a non-factor.

The Lions will now feature a more traditional group of CFL receivers who should present quarterback Travis Lulay with more dangerous, and diverse, choices. The next question, of course, is what will Lulay do with his new toys.

And therein lies the key to the Lions’ season.

After enduring two nightmarish seasons, the former MOP has returned to health in 2015. It’s just that his game hasn’t returned with it. Yes, there have been glimpses and, yes, Lulay’s character and leadership are beyond reproach. But, eight games in, he ranks eighth in the CFL in quarterback efficiency behind such luminaries as Rakeem Cato and Drew Willy, and Lulay’s intangibles don’t begin to compensate for that lack of production.

The Lions based this season on Lulay’s return to form, but something is missing. If it was the scheme, we’ll know soon enough. If it’s the quarterback, the Lions’ problems take on a much scarier dimension.

“I don’t think the belief is we’re a 3-5 team and this is going to be tough,” says Lulay. “I think the belief throughout the locker room is we’re better than we’ve been, so let’s be better. I really sense that belief is still there.”

Others may need more convincing, but if Lulay’s going to change people’s minds, it has to start in Montreal.

ewilles@theprovince.com

Groovy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Seems to be editing problems with this article as some stuff is repeated with slightly different presentation. Curiously it's mainly the part focussing on the trash that Manny was spewing after last game. I'm leaving it as is.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/morris-arcene ... apologetic
Morris: Arceneaux remains team-first but unapologetic
Posted: September 01, 2015 07:00 PM
Jim Morris
CFL.ca

On the field Emmanuel Arceneaux can be like a piece of silk.

The BC Lions’ wide receiver smoothly slips into open areas to make pretty catches. He has the strength to win a battle for the ball and the power to run through a tackle. He combines his six-foot-two, 211-pound size with a speed that can leave defensive backs grasping at air.

Off the field, Arceneaux can rub some people like burlap. The 28-year-old, fifth-year Lion can be prickly in his dealing with the media and chapped in his comments.

Speak to Arceneaux’s teammates and they describe an intelligent, hard-working player who hates to lose. They talk about someone who demonstrates a big heart whether working with local youth or polishing his receiving skills.

After a recent practice, long after all the other players had headed to the dressing room, Arceneaux remained on the field with quarterback Travis Lulay and receiver Lavelle Hawkins. They worked on routes and timing. There were long throws and quick-hitters.

Arceneaux is one of the players the Lions need contributions from when BC (3-5) plays a pivotal game Thursday against the Montreal Alouettes (4-5) at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium.

The Lions are at a crossroads in their season. They need some wins and must improve their play to remain in the playoff picture.

BC currently is eighth in the CFL in net offence, ninth in passing yards and eighth in quarterback efficiency. Not exactly numbers that have you planning a Grey Cup parade.

The Lions have lost their last two games by a combined score of 75-35. In their last game, before a bye week, they fell 23-13 to Montreal, their first loss at BC Place Stadium to the Als since Aug. 31, 2000.

In a move to steer the ship away from the rocks, the Lions released tight end A. C. Leonard this week and are looking to add Hawkins to the roster. Hawkins has been out since training camp with a broken arm.

Head coach Jeff Tedford said part of the change in tact will be to move Arceneaux around.

“He’ll be inside, he’ll be outside,” said Tedford. “He understands what we are doing well enough we can put him in all the different potions.

“He learns well. He makes sure he understands.”

Emmanuel Arceneaux didn't filter his words after the Lions' last loss to the Alouettes, saying: “Montreal isn’t good. They’re not talented whatsoever. I don’t respect nobody on their side of the ball.”

As he and the Leos head into their rematch in Montreal this Thursday, Arceneaux makes no apologies for what he said.

“How it came out, it came out. I can care less about it right now. My thing is just going out and backing up my words. I come out each week just to compete. You are more vulnerable after a game ... you know how words come out.”

Arceneaux is on board with anything that changes the Lions’ course.

“At this point, it’s whatever helps the team win, that’s what I’m all about,” he said. “It’s a team effort with everything.

“Whatever I can bring to the table, that’s pretty much my focus. At the end of the day it’s about making the plays. When your number is called, be ready to show up.”

After eight games Arceneaux leads the Lions with 27 catches for 458 yards, and three touchdowns. He’s averaging 17 yards a catch and has four catches over 30 yards.

While good, the numbers are not outstanding. Last year Arceneaux led the Lions with 62 catches for 905 yards and eight touchdowns in just 15 games.

“I really wouldn’t give myself a grade-point thing,” Arceneaux said. “Each week, in and out, I come here and fight.

“That’s pretty much what it’s all about, fighting until the scoreboard reads 0:00.”

Arceneaux received some criticism in the wake of the loss to Montreal.

Some questioned if he gave up on a Lulay pass that turned into interception by Montreal’s Dominique Ellis. He also may have simply misread the play. In any event, the interception set up a fourth-quarter touchdown that sealed the victory.

After the game Arceneaux told a radio reporter: “Montreal isn’t good. They’re not talented whatsoever. I don’t respect nobody on their side of the ball.”

Arceneaux makes no apologies for what he said.

“How it came out, it came out,” he said. “I can care less about it right now. My thing is just going out and backing up my words.

“I come out each week just to compete. You are more vulnerable after a game ... you know how words come out.”

Slotback Courtney Taylor said Arceneaux didn’t say anything to the media he didn’t say to the Alouettes during the game.

“That’s Manny being Manny,” laughed Taylor.

Lulay said he’s developed “the coolest relationship I’ve made” with Arceneaux.

“He’s a very thoughtful guy,” said Lulay. “He thinks sometimes outside of the box. He relates to a lot of guys really well. That’s one of his best qualities, being able to carry on a conversation with anybody in the locker room.”

Lulay understands how Arceneaux’s words and actions can somethings be misinterpreted.

“He does have different personalities from time to time,” he said. “Knowing Manny, knowing that’s how he gets himself going, he gets in certain mindsets and somethings he has outward displays of things he has been thinking that help put himself in a position to be the best he can be.

“If you don’t know Manny, some people might be scratching their heads from time to time. That’s part of his genius plot.”

A football team can be like a ship. It takes a whole crew to keep things heading in the proper direction. But when it comes to missing an iceberg, you need a good navigator and a captain.

That helps explain the extra work Lulay and Arceneaux were doing after practice.

“It doesn’t matter what has happened to this point,” said Lulay. “It’s about looking forward. It’s about getting better this week.”

Arceneaux said he’s ready to do whatever it takes to make the Lions better.

“The thing is, how can we start getting wins?” he said. “That’s what matters most. It’s not about your individual performance, it’s about the wins and losses.

“As far as just beating these guys, I really believe that is what I want to do. I want to come back victorious. The past is behind me.”
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

More evidence in that story that your BC Lions are headed south in the standings. Does anyone on the Lions realize Arceneaux is not helping their cause. Wally is off on his tangent about being fired / bought up and Tedford and Co. are having a party in South Langley while Arse keeps dicking them into a deeper hole by running his mouth. Too bad he doesn't back it up. The last time I checked they count points for Ws... not trash talking.

I'm thinking that a major blowing up of this structure by the owner (orderly ) is in dire need. Sad to see the stain on Wally's record but they're leaderless as a football team both on and off the field.

Has Kyries Hebert not been keeping up with the latest out of the Lions ARSEneaux who's quadrupling down on his comments about no respect for Montreal?

If he plans on quitting football when he's not respected do we assume he draws out this week versus the BC Lions?
Alouettes' Hebert proving his worth after return from injury

HERB ZURKOWSKY, MONTREAL GAZETTE
More from Herb Zurkowsky, Montreal Gazette
Published on: September 1, 2015 | Last Updated: September 1, 2015 7:02 PM EDT
“I don’t ask to be feared, but I want to be respected by my opponent,” he said. “Respect’s earned — and it’s earned by you going out, kicking ass and taking names. I want to go out, play hard and make sure people understood we’re a defence that’s mean, gritty and we’re going to hit you. It’s going to happen and I’m the one who’s going to show you, hopefully, I can be the first one to make a statement.

“When respect stops being important, I don’t need to play.”
Note to file: he didn't get this INT..lol.. corrected...
But would the Alouettes be sitting here today, riding a two-game winning streak, were it not for linebacker Kyries Hebert’s dramatic and spectacular diving interception four plays later, at the Montreal 40-yard line?
Maybe Hebert won't quit football as he was saying as maybe he means he will quit when those HE can respect for their play don't respect his play.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I don't disagree with the thrust of your post but the diving INT play was by Dominique Ellis rather than Hebert.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Arceneaux needs a kick in the arse and it looks like he has given it to himself. Time to live up to your comments Manny.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote: Bennis is right when he says every successful leader has an overriding idea a compelling vision and "laser-beam intensity" when they speak to the vision. He adds on other topics these folks can be just as boring as any of us.

Wally is not a good speaker as a HC but a very good interview. But IF I were a player playing for Wally I'd know very, very clearly what success looks like with his teams. Do your job or I'll replace you. You'd know this guy would not be loyal to you for last year or even last game so if he calls you back to TC you recycle back and do your job. As to knowing where you stand with him, if he's thinking of not bringing you back? Well here he's not a player friendly person. You won't put Wally on your Christmas card list as Blitz has noted in the past. His laser-intensity idea is in the high range as he has said 'my job is to find a player better than you'. Not as compelling a vision in the football side as to how they want to play... but players must execute.

Hufnagel...Not a great speaker and not a long, long talker but It's pretty clear what he believes in (His vision, etc) and that you do your job with this dude and his coaches and he'll keep you around. You'll know where you stand as he will tell you if you mess up. His coaches are extensions of him and they not only have power and say - you need them on your side too. When they let you go as they did Nik Lewis - it seems classy and not a lot of hard feelings. His laser-intensity vision is in the high range.

Austin - same with Hufnagel only he comes with more of an in your face edge in game situations. He is more articulate in his vision for the team and his laser-intensity is the highest of all in the CFL. He and his staff are a tight group but they know the kind of player they want and he's gone through many to get the fit. He is do you job - players must execute or be executed.

Milanovich - I know less of but he's focused and selects good assistants and can get his team dealing with inconveniences - like nowhere to practice and nowhere to play - and still do well. He rewards those like Kackert who've done wonders for them in the past. Players love that kind of coach.

Jones - clear on his def philosophy - not as clear as overall HC but it seems a performance oriented environment.

Campbell - not sure of him as I don't know a lot of his views.

Chamblin - did odd things like closed practice days for fans etc but preached togetherness like Tedford does but it was never clear where he stood with a vision and now he 's been de facto OC - yikes it's ugly. How he conducted himself with I dont worry about my job was bizarre. Says the wrong thing to the team.

Tedford - Too much Juanita kreps Syndrome symptoms for my liking.
Got some great stuff there, Toppy.

For people in the public eye, one can make some judgments, along with the casual observations. In effect they put tape out there to be seen.

I agree about the intensity of the vision as being essential to a leader taking his group where he wants them to go. And I agree that Austin seems to have the high end of that intensity. Same with Hufnagel and Milanovich. All truly outstanding coaches IMO. Jones is showing some vulnerability, but his team still responds sharply to his leadership.

With the Lions, who is in charge? Is it Tedford? Is it Buono? It seems muddled. The results are muddled. Most of what we see is muddled.

It is what it is, to use that oft-quoted phrase. And, as with all games, we will see the results on the field against the Alouettes. One can still have a little bit of hope for our season. A poor showing will dim some more of that hope.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions' depth chart and 46-man roster for this week reflect the lineup changes that have been discussed in this and other threads.

On offence, Burnham replaces Taylor in the slot, Hawkins replaces Arceneaux at WR and Arceneaux moves inside in place of Leonard. Rainey will get some work at RB/returner.

On defence, Minter finally makes his debut at DT in place of Roh and Fraser starts at S n place of Rwabukamba.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Depth Chart, as mentioned by BCFAN.

Brooks ... 6'2" 295

Minter ... 6'1" 307

It seems to me size is essential in the heart of the D Line. We have seen that for years with the Lions. Why did we go "small"? Who knows? Wally? Jeff? Mark?

But, big or small, they must execute. We have put them in a great system, and now they must demonstrate the attitude necessary to stop the run. Yup. And, of course, get pressure on the QB.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Eric Fraser starting at Safety.

1st round pick back in 2009 with the Stampeders. 6'1" 202" Good size. Speed? Dunno. Could be an upgrade? Dunno. Sounds like he wants to get in some licks.

Did we get our man finally?

http://www.bclions.com/roster/show/id/3423

The_Pauser
Legend

The vultures are out in full force I see.

Team losing: Let's fire the OC (and get our 4th OC in as many years). Must be Buono (because anytime the team loses it's Buono...even looking back to 2011 after an 0-5 start Buono was called a dinosaur). Let's jump all over Manny Arceneaux because of some comments he made, team is going south in the standings because of some comments.

:bang:

Let's see how the team responds tomorrow. We need a revamped D-Line which we didn't get, we need an actual defensive scheme that makes sense, which I don't expect. None of these are on Manny Arceneaux or George Cortez. On Buono? Perhaps, but I think people overstate Wally's influence on the team. A guy like Jeff Tedford isn't going to come to the CFL to be a head coach who's told how he has to coach.

On offense we need better playcalling, yes, that's for sure. But we also need a QB who can be a lot more accurate than Lulay has been.
Roar you Lions roar!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The vultures joined by the ever delusional pauser. There are no posts I read calling for Cortez to fired but thanks for making that up. If you read the newspapers even Wally is completed frustrated.

Wally's influence on the team. You truly are deluded. He is the GM. He definitely has an influence on the team as to who gets drafted, cut, fined for dead ball fouls, who the coaches hired are. That pauser is the GM's role.

As to Arceneaux the **** - I don't care how much this ***** does for charity and kids - it's what he is not doing on the field that leads to wins or losses. The fact that the Lions have let him continue running his mouth with what Lulay says his "different personalities" - I've got more news for you. These clowns never work out in the end. Their mouths eventually get them off their teams.

NOTE - Edited by Mod staff. Somewhat over the line in calling the Lion player disrespectful names, regardless of was said by a Montreal radio announcer. Thank you. Mod Staff.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC 1988
Legend

Just heard on 1040 that Cato will not be suiting up for the game, Marsh will be the starting QB.
http://www.cfl.ca/article/marsh-to-get- ... host-lions
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:Just heard on 1040 than Cato will not be suiting up for the game, Marsh will be starting QB.
http://www.cfl.ca/article/marsh-to-get- ... host-lions
I meant to post the very confusing link to TSN where Popp is explaining how he's gone home for a family reason and as of the interview he said he didn't know more than that or if he'd be back before this game.

What is it with the Als and players leaving this year? I know Cato have one of the tougher life situations as he was practically homeless but in the pros you have obligations to come to work.

Herb Z on this:

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... s-practice
September 1, 2015

On Tuesday, when the Als conducted their final on-field session prior to Thursday’s home game against the British Columbia Lions, Cato was conspicuous by his absence.

General manager and head coach Jim Popp claimed there was no correlation between the two. He said Cato had returned home on a personal matter and was expected to return to Montreal late Tuesday or at some point on Wednesday.