Cgy Flames unveil $890M downtown arena/stadium plan

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Personally I sure hate sitting inside a dome stadium on a sunny day.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:
Qman wrote:Here is what it will look like in the offseason ... view from other direction
Screenshot 2015-08-18 21.16.13.png
Will this be like Swanguard with the 400 metre track between fans and the sidelines? If yes, that's lousy.
no thats the offseason setup. The stands roll out over the track during football season.
That 400-metre track exists in both Molson Percival Stadium and Commonwealth Stadium, resulting in the clipped endzone corner issue.
http://en.montrealalouettes.com/uploads ... _north.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/28647276.jpg

-------------------------------
Regarding McMahon Stadium.....other than hosting the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1988 Winter Olympics and the Lions upsetting the Stampeders in the 1994 and 2000 WDF, any fond memories of that stadium? What did you think about that stadium as an attendee?

http://musiccanada.files.wordpress.com/ ... adium1.jpg
Last edited by Robbie on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Qman
Champion

Commonweath has a full sized field now.
Molson has only a 4-lane track and its right to the wall so fans are still really close. Endzone corners are clipped (last stadium)

As prior posts indicated, the lower section of grandstand fold out and cover the track during football season. Fold back in for offseason. BC Place does this to for trade shows, soccer etc.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Wow ... this is a concept but what a grandiose proposal for Los Angeles courtesy of Daved Benefield's FB page. Too bad they can't keep a team as fans prefer no blackouts and a host of Sunday games they'd not get if they had a team there.

I have a hard time with the easy access via freeway but they have an NFL site for the Hall of Fame, NFL Network, etc.

The irony was the Raiders logo on the outside video board.

___

The NFL lost me when they turned down superagent Ari Gold in 2010.

"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
dpoe
Starter

McMahon is only 55 years old?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:Thing looks like a glorified high school/small college stadium. And a track around it? Good grief, that's a terrible concept. Pass on that thing and stay at aged, decrepit McMahon.
Its a multipurpose "field house" in the offseason. Seats fully retract.
There is apparently a massive two-deck grandstand on the side (20,000 seats) you can't see so everyone can look at the river. And the 10,000 retractable stands your looking at.
I'm sure the design will change 100 times before and if it is built.
Exactly my issue. "Multi-purpose" is a dreadful concept IMO.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Lions4ever wrote:
Qman wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:Thing looks like a glorified high school/small college stadium. And a track around it? Good grief, that's a terrible concept. Pass on that thing and stay at aged, decrepit McMahon.
Its a multipurpose "field house" in the offseason. Seats fully retract.
There is apparently a massive two-deck grandstand on the side (20,000 seats) you can't see so everyone can look at the river. And the 10,000 retractable stands your looking at.
I'm sure the design will change 100 times before and if it is built.
Exactly my issue. "Multi-purpose" is a dreadful concept IMO.

So what is the concept for financing a single purpose stadium? The Calgary mayor is on record as being against spending public money on facilities for private businesses.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:

So what is the concept for financing a single purpose stadium? The Calgary mayor is on record as being against spending public money on facilities for private businesses.
Well, of course. All politicians say that. They're the staunch defender of the public purse, dontcha know?