Recent Transactions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Bit of a head scratcher here...

It was reported by Lowell Ullrich a few days ago that Josh Aledenoye was released from the PR because of too many incidents/confrontations with Tedford. He didn't elaborate if 1 incident constituted 1 too many nor did he give specifics as to what Aledenye actually said or did.

But now I read today that Aledenoye is back on the PR?!?!

This caught my attention, in particular because a number of the posts of late have raised the question of player accountability and whether Tedford is actually enforcing it. The first thing that crossed my mind was "is there any consistency" to how accountability is applied? I would think that any effort or actual policy towards creating an environment where the players hold themselves to a standard, first needs to have consistency.

Now there could easily be more to this than the 2-3 sentences Ullrich devoted to it. But if a player gets into a dust-up with the coach, is shown the door only to return within the week...then I start to wonder if the coach is simply making a decision in a fit of pique or is presenting themselves as a potential doormat.

Now maybe there are extenuating circumstances and this "flip flop" is something that will show us how Jeff Tedford builds loyalty amongst his players.

But there is also the fear that is a potential indicator of a coach who could loose control of the room.....
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

There were two O linemen mentioned by Matt Sekeres to Wally and Wally whiffed on the names (McCuller (I) and OL Aladenoye That was a head scratcher but he actually came loaded for Sekeres attack on his team's play. DanoT is right on another thread. Wally showed more intensity than did the Tedford coached team.

2015-08-17

Add LB Casey Chin (N) to 46-Man Roster

Place OL Jeraill McCuller (I) and OL Josh Aladenoye (I) on Practice Roster

Place FB Pascal Lochard (N) on One-Game Injured

We know that teams cover up differences all the time including the Lions cover up of the incident over parking where Messam and Paris Jackson had a punch up in the locker room where PJ ended up with a broken jaw. That took a long time to get out versus the day when assistant Coach Roy Shivers got in a locker room physical altercation at the Lions facility that hit that night's news IIRC the timing of its public knowledge.

Perry Harvin just now reveals problems he had (altercations) with other Seahawk Receivers after going to the Bills.

Josh Aladenoye left U of Okla if it got that right and later said how much better the coaching was at Illinois State. Personalities can be an issue and not all the same in a large team and quite frankly there are guys on teams who have little like for each other.

I'm less troubled not knowing what's gone on and why he's back but it represents part of a communications problem that the HC seems oblivious too.

Has his medical situation now fixed changed him from the coach he was? I have no idea but I like the more forthcoming coaches and even Wally on the attack is better than nothing.

When Tedford speaks post game he's basically saying nothing of substance and I'm beginning to wonder if that is the same crap he's feeding his players as they certainly are heading in a down direction. Thank God it's MTL who are in a bit of a slide too and they don't acclimate well to BC time.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

LU goes into a lot more detail on the circumstances surrounding Aladeniye's banishment to the doghouse and his return to the team.
“It was a humbling experience, and a little troubling,” the Lions latest left tackle admitted Monday. “But people throw things at you. That’s life. It’s how you respond.”

Aladenoye’s response last week during a coaching moment with Tedford was decidedly different. In the opinion of some players who were aware of the circumstances surrounding his release, Aladenoye was cut because the man in charge wanted to make a point, one which usually isn’t made effectively by bringing the same player back a week later.

Naturally, Tedford had a more managerial view of what took place.

“It was probably a little more like a suspension,” he said, grinning slightly. “It was one of those on-the-field things. There was no yelling. There’s a time and place for everything and the players know the field is not a time for that. Lesson learned. I think there was a point made and we move on.”
Aladenoye was lucky to get a second chance. The team had an injury at his position, he was in town and available and he and Teford were willing to patch their differences. If he learned his lesson and can step into Draheim's position without further lineup juggling, it's a win-win situation.

Ullrich: Rookie Lion lineman Aledenoye emerges from doghouse, a week after being released by Tedford
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

LU credits the calm/cool and clearly collected Neil McEvoy for not flying the guy out of town quickly. Smart of him.

Making an example of a PR players is NOT sending a message to anybody Mr. HC. These players aren't stupid nor are they beholden quite the same way college players are.

The media tone is starting to be a lot less forgiving for the HC and his messaging - including here- is n't helping.

This is how he dealt with the Hamilton debacle? WTF!!!
“I spoke (about Hamilton) for three minutes in the general meeting. It’s flushed. In the big picture it’s one game,” he said. “I know we’re better than that.”
Talk about a poorly led team if that is the best he has to offer his team. This is shocking but he has the right message for fans - one game, big picture, its all flushed. We fans can't take it seriously but clearly for a leader to say it like this means what? MORE OF THE SAME.

The good news is that the Als are starting to make Cato look ordinary and after one of the games I think it was the Gazette's Herb Z asking about when changes would be made and calling out the play calling of Turk S.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy