Lions at Ticats Aug. 15 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Okay we're coming back. The FG making it 51 -15 means just 4 TDs with 1 pt convert and and 8 PT and we're heading to OT!!!!
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Elimimian on crutches.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Bazzie finally did something
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Elimimian on crutches.
ankle strain
maxlion
Legend

Would rather see Jennings in. Never been impressed by Beck.
randymeeks
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
ankle strain
The whole team might as well have an ankle strain tonight
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
ankle strain
he will be fine.... it always hurts bad when you're team is being beaten like a rented mule.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I know we're at the 3MW but can we just run the clock straight time the rest of the way, please?

Man, it is gonna be a pretty awkward flight for team personnel with those Operation Orange fans on board.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
dupsdell1
Champion

Seahawks game was exciting last night
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

You know what I hate when they run the score up to 51 - 15? I need paper and pencil to do the math.

Think of the bright side. Something needed to be done to wake up this coaching staff to the reality of the CFL and how it is played at a high level.

Travis apparently told TSN that they must match the opening intensity of the Ticats or it'd be a bad night. He must have foreshadowed the character of his team.

Good for Marco I. a catch .. first of season.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Going to go away deep into my den now and lick my cat wounds, and when I emerge again next week I will extract a measure of flesh from my opponent!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Offside Hamilton if anybody cares
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Touchdown !!!!!!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Okay we're coming back. The FG making it 51 -15 means just 4 TDs with 1 pt convert and and 8 PT and we're heading to OT!!!!
Alas, a Hugh O'Neill punt rouge has completely foiled those plans.

Collie with a catch and run from Beck gets a major. 52-22 after the convert.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Notice only Lulay helping out. Others on bench and they think they're team leaders... harris included.