CFL Commisioner monitoring Lion's attendence

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Prior to Thursday's game, Jeffrey Orridge spoke to the matter of the Lion's dipping attendence. At this point he says the CFL is not concerned but if Braley is still planning on selling before too long, they must have some worries about the team becoming less and less attractive to a buyer.

Here is a link to a related article...

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2015/08/06/co ... ndance-dip
MexicoLionFan
Legend

As the league should be...thanks for posting this CK. The Vancouver fans will support this team, even with its relatively high prices, if the Lions simply start to become INTERESTING TO WATCH...ever since Benny took over, the Lions have played with conservative offences and defences..."playing not to lose" instead of playing to win. Win or Lose, Vancouver fans have proven time and again they will support a team that plays interesting, fun football, not this crap that Wally has been ordering for a long time now...think back to the WF in 2012 against CGY, at home, we played not to lose and CGY came out and lit us up because they wanted to win...with DD making Kevin Glenn look like Johnny Unitas...this is what needs to change, which is why I strongly believe that Wally needs to go...he is the SINGLE LARGEST REASON WHY this mass dip in fan participation has occurred.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
dupsdell1
Champion

If the League thinks the lions are bad look at the Argos UG
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I was sitting with Great White North and Mike (another Eskimo fan) on the patio of Jimmy's up on Robson before the game. Orridge was sitting a couple tables over. As he was walking by our table on the way out GWN caught his attention and he sat down and chatted for a few minutes. Quite a nice fellow. As he found none of us were actually from Vancouver he was quite interested in how a Lions fan from PG and two Esk fans (one from Edmonton and the other from Shawnigan Lake via Edmonton) came to be sitting at the same table. He said his focus is totally on the business side and growing the game. He also said as he grew up in the US he had no allegiances or previous affiliations to any teams which he feels allows him to work unencumbered by any biases to any teams. However he did admit to being, as an Afro-American, following Warren Moon back in the day.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:I was sitting with Great White North and Mike (another Eskimo fan) on the patio of Jimmy's up on Robson before the game. Orridge was sitting a couple tables over. As he was walking by our table on the way out GWN caught his attention and he sat down and chatted for a few minutes. Quite a nice fellow. As he found none of us were actually from Vancouver he was quite interested in how a Lions fan from PG and two Esk fans (one from Edmonton and the other from Shawnigan Lake via Edmonton) came to be sitting at the same table. He said his focus is totally on the business side and growing the game. He also said as he grew up in the US he had no allegiances or previous affiliations to any teams which he feels allows him to work unencumbered by any biases to any teams. However he did admit to being, as an Afro-American, following Warren Moon back in the day.
Good stuff. Grow the game is right.

And fan animosity is hard to understand. I'm for respect for the game, your team, yourself and the fans. I think English and some other European fans who get carried in soccer are disgusting as they truly are just fan-ATICS with no real respect for the game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

[quote="Toppy Vann]

Good stuff. Grow the game is right.

And fan animosity is hard to understand. I'm for respect for the game, your team, yourself and the fans. I think English and some other European fans who get carried in soccer are disgusting as they truly are just fan-ATICS with no real respect for the game.[/quote]

I think what piqued Jeff's curiosity was less about that we were fans of different teams and more that we were all attending from such varying locales and how we got to know each other. In the case of GWN and myself we got to know each other from the days of Total-CFL back in the late 90s and have attended many games and Grey Cups together. An amazing number of lifelong friendships between fans of teams of all rivalries were fostered out of that grand-daddy of all CFL fan forums and subsequent meet 'n greets and Snow Bowls at Grey Cups from around 1997 through 2003.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.