Esks vs. Lions Aug. 6 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Evil Empire die!!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
swervynmerv
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:So.....Lulay haters ready to eat some crow?

Not at all. Credit to Travis for that pass but a 400,000 starting QB SHOULD be making those passes.

I am not questioning his heart, mind or leadership, just the fact that after two major injuries. His arm strength isn't where it needs to be.
almo89
Legend

What a dumb decision by Jones
randymeeks
Legend

Weird decision not going for the field goal by Edmonton. Lulay's bought himself another week to get his arm going. If the Lions win, they stole one they didn't deserve tonight.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Bad coaching decision not to go for the field goal
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Andwew Harris Love!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

A character win! :yahoo: :dizzy: :yahoo:
randymeeks
Legend

swervynmerv wrote:

Not at all. Credit to Travis for that pass but a 400,000 starting QB SHOULD be making those passes.

I am not questioning his heart, mind or leadership, just the fact that after two major injuries. His arm strength isn't where it needs to be.

Not just his arm strength but his arm accuracy.

Lulay has bought himself one more week but that will go away real quick if he doesn't start hitting his receivers.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
Spud387
Champion

swervynmerv wrote:

He is not a 400,000 QB anymore. They restructured his contract :p
yukonlion
All Star

wierdly the defence shut them out in the 2nd half... i think the esks say on their lead depending on their d... lulay needed adrelaine to make his arm work and moved well in the pocket at the end.... needs that instinct for the whole game...and at least they never gave up and stole one....
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Honestly there are not Lulay haters here but I suspect they are out there in some places.

He is being used wrong at times as he is not the best downfield passer and there were not a lot of open REC a lot of the time.

DEF did some good things tonight... Heartening.

dunigan called it just before the INT at the end. He said Nicholls was looking too much at where he was going and bam he does an INT.

Some ugly moments but some good positives to build on.

But they must get some motion in that offense . .. right now without harris they got nothing.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

What a rollercoaster ride to a win, but I'll take it warts and all, and Lulay finally finds his arm, but I'll bet that shoulder is iced down tight tonight!!!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:What a dumb decision by Jones
He gets the game ball from skulsky and buono and the HC. Good decision for the league.. bad for his team
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
almo89
Legend

I see a lot of talk about Lulay's shoulder making his throws weak. I'm seeing just as many overthrows as underthrows. His problem seems to be touch. After the first INT the threw, he started overthrowing his receivers and it's most likely that he's scared of being picked again. Strange game overall. Nice call by Dunigan at the end on Nicols keying in on his first read.
CardiacKid
Legend

Lulay has had how much game action in almost 2 years?!?! It was a scant 3 weeks ago we (the collective we) were singing his praises and declaring he had returned to the Lulay of old. Probably too early to be enthusiastic then, just as it was too early to throw him under the bus now.
Let's remember this Eskimo team had not given up a single TD for 2 games. Then the Lions score 3 in one game. Was it all Travis? Of course not but would this have been a win if Travis was sitting on the bench? IMO this would have been a loss.