Bombers 23 - Lions 13, Blog, Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Q2

Missed Q1

Nice to see the running game working.

Lulay missing long.

D still a sieve.

Three man rush killed. Ouch ouch ouch. Willy hobbles for first.

4-2-6 defense. LOL. With LBs backpedaling.

No disguising it. That is soft zone.

Gore. Hello.

PI on BC.

OK half on O.

Willy working down the field vs soft zone.

Stop.

Very nice run by Harris.

10-7 at the half.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Q3

Poor ST coverage to open the half

Sieve to start. 56 yard TD.

Chris R looks lost at Safety. Slow. Poor attempt at tackle. Time to see what Fraser can do.

Penalties kill. Collie.

Lulay is ticked.

Brain dead football.

Ohhhh ... 6 men at LOS. New look. Ghee ... Stop.

Penalty on almost every play. STs horrible.

Harris has a professional attitude. Almost alone with Lulay at times. Stop.

B.C. Last in sacks.

1st down conversion. 754 left. Hugr conversion, 37 yards. SIEVE. Flag. Helmet off. Brooks. Sheissss ... Stop. FG. 17-10. Ho hum ... Is that a stop? Hardly.

Int. Manny coasts. No effort. Sound asleep. Not a great throw either. Bazzie. Fake punt. Lucky for us.

Run. No hole. Penalty. Holding. Punt.

Chuck McMann with the deer in headlights look?

Going for it. Lulay overthrows Harris.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Q4

Long conversion. Veltung. SIEVE.

One two and out. Last week Peg had ten.

Please stop the pain. Mark W is hopeless. SIEVE.

Our guys are in a hopeless system on D.

FG. 20-10.

Poor old Chuck M should have retired. Wally might be right behind him. Living in a dream world.

Drive going. Harris gets full marks. Harris. They gang up on Harris. No hole. PI is close. No. FG. 20.13.

SIEVE. 33 yard pass play. 17 yard run.

FG. 23-13.

250 left.

Harris for 12. Penalty.

Int. Not a good decision by Lulay.

SIEVE 8 yard run by Marshall.

8 men in the box to stop the run.

Mark W might smell the coffee and consider his next career move. No. He has Wally in his corner.

Chuck M was going to retire. Ah well, stay the course. It will come soon enough.

dupsdell1
Champion

this is a joke it is over , a very long time before I come and watch a game .

lets go Jays, Seahawks, Whitecaps, And yes Canadians .
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 20/30 254 1 3

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
S. GORE 5 57 0 18
A. HARRIS 4 50 0 22
A. COLLIE 4 34 0 16
C. TAYLOR 3 37 1 17
A. LEONARD 3 34 0 15
K. ANTOLIN 1 -2 0 0
M. Arceneaux 1 for 22

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 24 117 0 17
T. LULAY 2 20 0 14
S. GORE 1 2 0 2
J. JENNINGS 1 2 0 2

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
R. LEONE 2/2 24 1/1 7

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. LEONE 3 53.0 131 55

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. LEONE 2 131 69 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
K. ANTOLIN 2 28 14.0 15 0
S. MURRAY-LAWRENCE 1 18 18.0 18 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
S. ELIMIMIAN 8 0 0 0
M. BROOKS 6 1 0 0
T. LEE 5 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 3 1 0 0
C. PARKS 3 0 0 0
J. WESTERMAN 3 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 3 0 0 0
A. BAZZIE 2 1 0 0
C. TAYLOR 2 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 2 0 0 0
C. RWABUKAMBA 2 0 0 0
E. ARCENEAUX 1 0 0 0
A. HOFFMAN-ELLIS 1 0 0 0
S. CLARKE 1 0 0 0
S. ADEKOLU 1 0 0 0
D. MENARD 0 1 0 1

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. WILLY 17/25 269 2 0
L. HAJRULLAHU 1/1 6 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
J. VELTUNG 5 58 1 25
D. ADAMS 4 127 1 56
J. FEOLI GUDINO 2 28 0 18
R. KOHLERT 2 21 0 14
C. DENMARK 2 8 0 4
P. COTTON 1 16 0 16
C. MARSHALL 1 11 0 11
T. SHERMAN 1 6 0 6

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
C. MARSHALL 10 50 0 17
D. WILLY 5 72 0 30
P. COTTON 5 9 0 9

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
D. WILLY 1 0 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
L. HAJRULLAHU 3/3 26 2/2 11

Punting NO AVG NET LG
L. HAJRULLAHU 5 43.4 200 49

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. STOUDERMIRE 3 28 9.3 12 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
L. HAJRULLAHU 3 185 68 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. STOUDERMIRE 2 64 32.0 41 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
K. BASS 10 0 0 0
S. HURL 7 0 1 0
J. ADAMS 6 0 1 0
C. RANDLE 6 0 0 0
D. WASHINGTON 4 0 1 0
M. LEGGETT 3 0 0 0
Z. ANDERSON 3 0 0 0
J. WESTERMAN 2 0 0 0
B. JOHNSON 2 0 0 0
D. JOHNSON 2 0 0 0
M. BUCKNOR 1 0 0 0
N. COLLINS 1 0 0 0
L. SHELL 1 0 0

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Here is a stat.

Drew Willy ... 5 runs for 72 yards.

The worst offence in the league shreds the worst defence.

Honest to Gawd. How does Mark W keep his job? Well, I guess we know.

Same for Chuck McMann.

dupsdell1
Champion

Again this disgusting , our owner needs to sell this team , clean house and start all over buy that time the lions will probably fold or move to a different city .
SammyGreene
Team Captain

This team blows on both sides of the ball.
So much for this offensive guru being a breath of fresh air. Grow some balls and sit players who continue to take needless penalties and bench a QB who is struggling for long stretches with no one looking over his shoulder.
What the hell was Lulay still in the game for in the final minute when it should be nothing but long throws down field and your QB is a sitting duck? Just plain stupid.
swervynmerv
Legend

I've been a Lions fan for 40 years but this regime is really starting to test my faith! How we beat the Riders I have no clue. Without major changes, i see a 6-12 or 7-11 record at best.

1. Defence: Personnel or schemes? They better figure it out quick! No pressure and way too easy to score on. Ours DB's are poor at coverage and the new safety does nothing for me. Has he made a play all year?

2. Lulay: Great leader, GC winning QB, hell of a guy. That being said, it is obvious that the two injuries have taken their toll. He cant make a decent pass to a receiver over 15 yards and that really cuts your playbook in half. The two picks he made tonight were due to a lack of zip on the ball. It's time to start developing someone else. His arm is getting worse and looking weaker game by game. We are only 5 games in, how is it gonna be by week 16?

3. Tedford: Two weeks in a row his bone-head gambles at mid-field led to opposition points and a huge flip of momentum. It cost us last week and again this week, with a full quarter to go and down by only 7 points, you kick it deep and your D should be able to pin them deep.

Maybe he has no faith in the D, god knows I don't but if that is his reasoning for making those calls, then he better be having some serious calls with Mark Washington
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Again this disgusting , our owner needs to sell this team , clean house and start all over buy that time the lions will probably fold or move to a different city .
LOL... if he sold first he can't clean house

I think some of it is poor coaching decisions BUT this team has something wrong in it. MALAISE set in even earlier tonight.

Travis with 3 INTs who would have thunk?

Didn't see Leonard open in the endzone according to Rintoul.

But Harris was on fire.

Patience.

HC should have given my two pregame points. Someone needs a kick in the rear or an out of the team.

DEF: brutal 389 yards given up....
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
leo4life
All Star

Wally needs to retire and take Chuck Mcfog and Mark Washout with him just brutal
swervynmerv
Legend

dupsdell1 wrote:Again this disgusting , our owner needs to sell this team , clean house and start all over buy that time the lions will probably fold or move to a different city .

I said it last week and I'll say it again, the turning point in this franchise came with the unfortunate passing of Bobby Ackles.

Dennis Skulsky is a clueless boob. He has no clue about football and attendance has plummeted on his watch. He should be gone.

Wally, HOF' er and helped turned this franchise around but I think it's time for him to retire. This team has been on a downward trend since losing the 2012 WF. It's time to bring in some fresh eyes and approach or there may be 10,000 fans in the crowd by October.
CardiacKid
Legend

Wow......Regression with a capital R. Never would have thought the Bombers would be the team to deliver this message to the Leos. The wins against the Riders would appear to have been nothing more than a smoke screen or sleight of hand.

I hate to think the only way the Lions will eke out a win for the rest of the year is for teams to take them lightly. But the way they are playing.....
dupsdell1
Champion

swervynmerv wrote:

I said it last week and I'll say it again, the turning point in this franchise came with the unfortunate passing of Bobby Ackles.

Dennis Skulsky is a clueless boob. He has no clue about football and attendance has plummeted on his watch. He should be gone.

Wally, HOF' er and helped turned this franchise around but I think it's time for him to retire. This team has been on a downward trend since losing the 2012 WF. It's time to bring in some fresh eyes and approach or there may be 10,000 fans in the crowd by October.

Could not have said it better my self , I bet you Skulsky will say it is the product on the field that does not sell tickets, nothing about pricing etc, when you sell a product to someone that product has to be worth the money right know the lions are no were near worth the $440.00 to sit in the end zone or anywhere in bc place , Congratulations Whitecaps you have become Vancouver's 2nd most popular team.