Brook Ward does not know what he is talking about

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

Hi there everyone why is Brook Ward even doing sports, he does not know what he is talking about when it comes to the bc lions he is on now on at 1040 sports Saturday , he is going to be asking people why are you not going to lions games , is it because of the Seahawks white caps which is a fare question , but this ridicules thing that nobody watches on weekends and wants to put a game regularly on Monday night ? is Crazy weekends in the Summer is when people are looking for something to do. he talks about all the tv time outs, delays etc, last time I looked a NFL game is the same thing and they have more tv time outs with all there advertising.

Let me know what you guys think
almo89
Legend

The Lions just had one of their smallest crowds in recent history. It's his job as a talk show host to stir it up a bit and get callers to call in and create a debate.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:The Lions just had one of their smallest crowds in recent history. It's his job as a talk show host to stir it up a bit and get callers to call in and create a debate.
I didn't listen and can't pass comment on what was said but I take the view that any Lions talk on that station is good. There's nothing more frustrating than turning on the radio in the summer months and hearing hosts endlessly debating the contribution of the Sedin twins.
almo89
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
almo89 wrote:The Lions just had one of their smallest crowds in recent history. It's his job as a talk show host to stir it up a bit and get callers to call in and create a debate.
I didn't listen and can't pass comment on what was said but I take the view that any Lions talk on that station is good. There's nothing more frustrating than turning on the radio in the summer months and hearing hosts endlessly debating the contribution of the Sedin twins.
I totally agree. I love the Canucks, but I get sick of listening about them in the summer. I've been listening today and it's been over an hour and a half now with callers and it's all BC Lions talk. I'm okay with that.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

BW was talking a week or two ago about making Monday night games a summer schedule fixture and now he's even talking of making the holiday Monday games into evening games. No, no. Just, no.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Let me know what you guys think
I think you should strongly consider cutting back on the Red Bull.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Dupsdell, it doesn't help your cause when you sound like a maniac. Smarten up and use proper grammar and punctuation. Nobody takes you seriously.
Rammer
Team Captain

Seems like BW's intent to create discussion about the Lions game is working, despite what direction it is. The attendance is a huge concern and any input had better be listen to by the Lions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The whole off field game day/curtain off narrative is replacing the football talk in the casual fan base I suspect. In part the Lions have created this story themselves and the message from Skulsky vs Ackles is downsizing. Ackles had the narrative relationship building, Lift or not the blackout and how it affected the crowd up to 3K according to the marketing staff. With Skulsky putting out bland, corporate job ads just as pre-season starts and another at the 3rd game - spells an offfield mess of sorts.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

It's also the theme of the poll question on BMac & Taylor this afternoon.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

sj-roc wrote:
It's also the theme of the poll question on BMac & Taylor this afternoon.
Skulsky coming up next on BM&T
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.