Manny Story from The Province

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Surprised to read that there has been no effort to extend Manny beyond this season. The Lions need to keep him. Not just because he is a great receiver but because he gives the team identity and visibility in the community. With Travis looking like he has returned to MVP form Manny could put up some monster numbers this year. He could be much more expensive to re-sign in November than he would be to extend his contract now.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11238029
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Great story but I'd suggest that and he this elite core of REC spend some time catching LONG passes and running decent routes.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I guess I know why Buono has not made any move to extend Arceneaux
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jedd Tedford's first comments about the B.C. receivers he inherited was that they were all the same type of receiver. I interpreted that to mean that there were no speed burners, but Tedford also changed the makeup of the receiving corps by bringing in Cam Morrah and A.C. Leonard as tight ends. They're big, mobile bodies who can block and catch and run over defenders.

Aside from tonight, Arceneneaux has done well on the outside but If the Lions are going to get a speed burner to stretch the field and open up space underneath, that player would likely take Arceneaux's positon. Arceneaux can solidify his position by getting back over the 1,000-yard mark this year.