Lions at Riders July 17 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Special thanks to Chamblin for deciding to kick a pair of 4th quarter field goals instead of 3rd down gambles against that porous defence.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

We win ! We win ! Who would thought the Lions would sweep the Riders
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Special thanks to Chamblin for deciding to kick a pair of 4th quarter field goals instead of 3rd down gambles against that porous defence.

Don't forget the decision to go with Early instead of McCallum on the onside kick
almo89
Legend

They should have used Pauly on the onside kick. Early's kick had no touch
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:What have loved to see the odds at the start of the season of Lulay rushing for 100 yards in a game this season.
Can you imagine two things if Lulay had not run like he is now and avoided the shoulder injury?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Dusty
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:We win ! We win ! Who would thought the Lions would sweep the Riders
Wow! Not this puppy.... I'm very surprised and very, VERY happy. The Offence overcame the pitiful run Defence and my goodness..... why the Riders didn't just keep running is amazing.... Well Don Leo's!!!!!
dupsdell1
Champion

Ok everyone I know we won that is great but this lions team is no were of being a championship team playing like that given up so many points again almost lost this game I was tempting on going to the next game but for $44.00 I rather do something else. good they win but also pathetic
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:We win ! We win ! Who would thought the Lions would sweep the Riders
We still have another Rider game when we host them on Sat Oct 3 but this gives us the head-to-head tiebreaker. Although at this point it's not clear that we'll need it.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:BC ball on the onside kick by *Ray Early*. Not McCallum? OUt of bounds, illegal kickoff. LOL. BC wins 27-24 in the victory formation.
The victory is savored after week 1
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

They took the crowd out early and did enough although it was far closer at the end than it should have been. Need better ball control offense in crunch time. Great win though and they have certainly given me some reasons to be more hopeful going forward.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Ok everyone I know we won that is great but this lions team is no were of being a championship team playing like that given up so many points again almost lost this game I was tempting on going to the next game but for $44.00 I rather do something else. good they win but also pathetic
[video][/video]
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Lee is having a horrible night
Year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Lee is having a horrible night
Year.
That too !
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:
BC 1988 wrote:Forecast for Regina 15-20mm rain expected to start by 5:20, with NE winds 15kph gusts to 30. Temp 15.
The field is likely to be wet by gametime. A very different environment to last week.

Lulay has never won a game in those conditions as a lion I just heard on 1040
Well now he's 1-and-whatever.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I did... but there is one or two possible games that hinge, on us meeting them again, in the WF

Yikes!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis