CHAPBALL IS A PRIZE CATCH - SIMON SAYS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Bltiz: great insights as usual.

You are right. Geroy was back being Geroy on those comments. It does affect how a team works together to read that stuff. It also can influence some players too when things are going well. I didn't like reading how Harris went to Tedford to ask for more of the ball. Cornish has been guilty of that and DD and JH have been patient with him but made it clear to him - he has to do his job and focus on his own game. Harris hasn't proven he's Cornish yet.

That will not endear him to anyone in the Lions organization and might well make it very frosty if Cortez is built like a lot of others with egos as coaches often have. Wally realizes that is just the guy being himself but others might view it less charitably.

Geroy and some players council back then had too much influence and JC coming back when and how he did and how that played out was really not pretty.

Having said that JC did finally make changes and provide some exciting offense.

Maybe Dorazio too has learned as I am sure JC learned during his time away from the CFL. I harbor no ill will to him either as they have tough jobs where there is so little loyalty. HCs to protect themselves will fire assistants to give the fans some of the red meat. Chamblin has said that of Cortez too - they just needed a change.

It is never good to see any CFL team in the toilet but the Riders losing have still provided their fans with some exciting football.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Toppy Vann wrote:Bltiz: great insights as usual.

You are right. Geroy was back being Geroy on those comments. It does affect how a team works together to read that stuff. It also can influence some players too when things are going well. I didn't like reading how Harris went to Tedford to ask for more of the ball. Cornish has been guilty of that and DD and JH have been patient with him but made it clear to him - he has to do his job and focus on his own game. Harris hasn't proven he's Cornish yet.

That will not endear him to anyone in the Lions organization and might well make it very frosty if Cortez is built like a lot of others with egos as coaches often have. Wally realizes that is just the guy being himself but others might view it less charitably.

Geroy and some players council back then had too much influence and JC coming back when and how he did and how that played out was really not pretty.

Having said that JC did finally make changes and provide some exciting offense.

Maybe Dorazio too has learned as I am sure JC learned during his time away from the CFL. I harbor no ill will to him either as they have tough jobs where there is so little loyalty. HCs to protect themselves will fire assistants to give the fans some of the red meat. Chamblin has said that of Cortez too - they just needed a change.

It is never good to see any CFL team in the toilet but the Riders losing have still provided their fans with some exciting football.
Harris going to Tedford and asking to "mix up the plays" as Harris put it (aka get the ball in Harris' hands) was listened to by Tedford and imo it was the turning point of the game.

Harris went out and engineered a drive running and catching with YAC that lead to a fake hand off to Harris which froze the Riders D and allowed Lombala to score an easy TD catch. Yeah the Riders scored a TD right after that but I believe Lombala's TD was the first TD for the Lions in the Tedford era.

In my mind that Harris drive was vintage Harris (or Cornish if you like) and he was making a statement: I'm taking this team to the end zone and YOU CAN'T STOP ME. As I said, a turning point, imo.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =2&t=28197
Blitz wrote:Our Leos won the Grey Cup in 2011. In 2012, following that exciting Grey Cup winning season our Leos had their best regular season statistically in Leo history, as well as winning the most games ever in a regular season.

Our offence, with Chap at the controls finished 1st in 9 categories - Most first downs, most first downs rushing, Most yards net rushing, Highest Average Yds. Per Game Rushing Highest Average Gain per rush, Fewest quarterback sacks, Highest percentage of passes completed, Most yards net offence, Highest Average Yds of Offence Per Game.

To compare, our Grey Cup winning offence in 2006, with Dickenson at the controls, only led in 6 CFL categories.
As Blitz noted, 2012 was a dynamite year for our offence. As was 2006, and no doubt 2011 as well. Even in 2004 with Casey Printers as the helm, we really moved the ball, almost at will, I seem to recall.
Rammer wrote: Yes Joe, Chappy had moments ...
Yes, he did for sure, Rammer. And seasons too.
cromartie wrote: *Sigh*

2006 was terrific. Kudos to that.
Yes, it was a very special year, with huge contributions by many, including Jacques Chapdelaine.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.