Travis "Freaking" Lulay

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dawg3648
Rookie

http://www.bclions.com/video/index/id/112635

So happy for this guy! What an amazing game. Hey Dupsdell! You'll be happy to know they'll be more people there next game!
dawg3648
Rookie

Sorry should have been this.......http://www.bclions.com/video/index/id/112635
dawg3648
Rookie

Try this one more time! http://t.co/M4y2cD9gHB
JohnHenry
Champion

Awesome video from the Lions locker room! Lulay, Lulay, Lulay, Lulay... :beauty:

http://www.bclions.com/video/index/id/112617
Big Time
Champion

Wow. If you haven't seen this video, you need to watch it. I wish the Lions would package this as part of their marketing plans. Pure emotion and joy on display. You can see how much the team cares about each other, and especially Lulay. This is what it's all about. Beautiful.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:Wow. If you haven't seen this video, you need to watch it. I wish the Lions would package this as part of their marketing plans. Pure emotion and joy on display. You can see how much the team cares about each other, and especially Lulay. This is what it's all about. Beautiful.
It was quite a scene with Wally whispering in Lulay's ear. A love in.

What took me aback was how emotionally high this team was in victory. Kind of like they were wound too tight. My sense is that you don't want an overly emotional team as they are up and down and miss the lessons each game offers. As astute posters know here, even in victory you have to look at the upside to the win and the negatives that if repeated will get you an L next game.

Marketing the love might be a good thing though.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Big Time wrote:Wow. If you haven't seen this video, you need to watch it. I wish the Lions would package this as part of their marketing plans. Pure emotion and joy on display. You can see how much the team cares about each other, and especially Lulay. This is what it's all about. Beautiful.
It was quite a scene with Wally whispering in Lulay's ear. A love in.
Over emotional fool...never too high, never too low!

:tp:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Here is hoping that "LUU-LAAY, LUU-LAAY, LUU-LAAY" becomes the Lions' battle cry this season. :yahoo:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

One thing though - the calm of Lulay, Eliminian, Bighill is what you want in your leadership group. I like those as team leaders vs the emotional types. Like how Higgins describes his REC group with the calming effect of leaders like Nik Lewis and Fred Stamps to add to the mix there now with star SJ Green. He also said he heard second hand an OL player said something in the game when things weren't going well to Cato. Apparently Cato went to the guy and said not to disrespect me and I wont disrespect you. He also said it was a bit of panic setting and their view is PANIC is not in the game plan. I totally agree. You want your team focused and leaders analytical with their heads in the game.

Harris is now one of the leaders but he has to calm down and play - learn what Cornish has had to learn. Cornish was laughing and congratulating their make shift line but I noticed he rushed for just 56 yards. He's grew up.

I don't like coaching emotional teams/players. I was in a club where when I entered I was the second team soccer coach and the Premier team were a good team but loons. When two of my players played up on a Saturday I had to leave right after their game and missed a brouha in the dressing room where the tables were overturned and they nearly smashed the beer cooler. That night both the two players who were to play again the next day called me to say they didn't want to return - but I convinced them to return and spoke to the Premier coach. LIke one said when we're down at the half we focus on what needs to be done - not yelling and ranting and raving. The next day the screaming team blew out that years Canadian champions though...lol.

When players played down the Prem coach would lay it out that we didn't tolerate finger pointing or cards or one on one personal tiffs with opponents. Players often told me they liked our team play and in summer they'd join my team as we just played and focused on wins.

The win was likely good for the collective team's psyche but the Riders at home will be a challenge as they are worse off than the Lions were and another loss would be devastating.
pennw
Legend

Lulay was named Top performer of the week today , congrats .
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:Lulay was named Top performer of the week today , congrats .
Agreed he got it done but the red zone failures are a bit of concern as yet. Some of it to me has been play calls down there. That is on coaches.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Les, officially the Lions rank last in red-zone touchdowns at 2 for 7 (29%). The league average is 56% and Edmonton leads at 100% (5 for 5). The encouraging sign is that the Lions have scored on their last two opportunities. Once they started running deeper routes in the end zone instead of hitch screens, things opened up.