CFL Regular Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Easy come, easy go. Already in the red zone after a late hit from Antoine Pruneau, Brett Smith throws a pick to Abdul Kanneh in goal.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Tino Sunseri now in at QB for Ssk after the Smith INT with 5mins left in Q2.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ssk has a 24yd TD reception to Ryan Smith negated by penalty and have to settle for a 35yd FGA, but Paul McCallum hits the upright.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

The half ends with Ott continuing to lead 14-10.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ott has the first score of Q3, a 2yd run on a handoff to Jeremiah Johnson to cap a 72yd drive. The 1PC from Chris Milo makes it 21-10 Ott.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Sunseri under pressure from Damaso Munoz fumbles it away to Ott near his own 35.

They cash in the turnover right away with just one play as Jeremiah Johnson gallops 36yds for the goal line. The convert makes it 28-10 Ott in the final minute of Q3.

Ssk comes further unglued as they fumble away the ensuing kickoff to Ott who take over at the Ssk12.
maxlion
Legend

I take back my prediction about the Riders--they aren't going to challenge anyone!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Score was 14 - 10 when I woke up at 6 am now 28-10

Penalties... wow.

But basics... Sunseri should have stayed released. Guy out of end zone - I could see that ball was loose. Now on the goal line if the challenge fails.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

On the first play of Q4, Ott receiver Greg Ellingson draws a PI flag in goal from Tristan Jackson. Chamblin challenges the call unsuccessfully and Ott scores on a 1yd plunge from Burris. The 1PC makes it 35-10 Ott and the rout is on with 14mins left.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Lions on verge of falling 2 back of RedBlacks in win column. Sept. 13 visit here beginning to fall into must win territory given Lions are in Calgary and Edmonton afterwards.

The way Riders, Lions and Bombers are going, all 6 playoff spots maybe decided by early October.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:I take back my prediction about the Riders--they aren't going to challenge anyone!
You might want to take back your warm feelings on BC Lions or lower your expectations...lol

I just dont get a sense that BC has any fire in them unless they score first and then it leaves quickly at the first sign of trouble.

The rest of the CFL are stepping it up a notch or two and I'm sure the Als will prove it again this next game.

SASK won't win a game as they are going now. I can't see how Chamblin keeps his job.

Why is Messam not involved WTF?
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:I take back my prediction about the Riders--they aren't going to challenge anyone!
Toppy Vann wrote:Score was 14 - 10 when I woke up at 6 am now 28-10

Penalties... wow.

But basics... Sunseri should have stayed released. Guy out of end zone - I could see that ball was loose. Now on the goal line if the challenge fails.
This result doesn't help BC. A loss to Mtl on Thu coupled with this outcome would leave us in a 4pt hole for a playoff berth no matter what happens in the Wpg/Ssk Labour Day game. At least if Ott had lost this one the hole would be no worse than 2pts. This puts a higher premium on winning in Molson Stadium this week. If we get the win we'll control the 3W berth, even with Mtl in points and also Wpg if they win on Labour Day and we'll have a game in hand on both teams. Lose and we're 4pts out a playoff spot.

Ssk finally gets a big play, on the Messam run and it's negated by penalty. Says it all for Ssk.
Last edited by sj-roc on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Score was 14 - 10 when I woke up at 6 am now 28-10

Penalties... wow.

This result doesn't help BC. A loss to Mtl on Thu coupled with this outcome would leave us in a 4pt hole for a playoff berth no matter what happens in the Wpg/Ssk Labour Day game. At least if Ott had lost this one the hole would be no worse than 2pts. This puts a higher premium on winning in Molson Stadium this week.

Ssk finally gets a big play, on the Messam run and it's negated by penalty. Says it all for Ssk.
Sunseri is brutal. Plays in slow mo... holds the ball weak. Not a leader.

Why when you have a guy who can run - two - u choose to ignore Messam?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Sunseri is brutal. Plays in slow mo... holds the ball weak. Not a leader.

Why when you have a guy who can run - two - u choose to ignore Messam?
Halftime panel wasn't that high on pulling B Smith (who's not injured from what I'm hearing) for Sunseri after his pick. He was getting some positive results up to that point and it messes with his confidence to yank him after one mistake where the receivers weren't coming back to the ball.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Sunseri scrambling, runs into his own OL and promptly gets tackled. They can't get out of their own way and have to settle for a chip shot FG. 35-13 Ott.