22,000 sold for home opener

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

DanoT wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:It looks like Skulsky wasn't at his usual place on the sidelines for the opener. I glanced over at one point from my seats and couldn't see him there. But it was during the TSN replay of the game I noticed him standing in the end zone with Wally during McCallum's FG attempt in overtime. Please may this be the case from now on.
Does it really matter where Sulsky watches the game from?

During last nights Argos at Stamps game they showed a shot of some Argo fans sitting in the stands and Argo GM Barker was one of them.

It was very annoying to se Dennis there on the sideline for the last few years , maybe tedford told him to stay away .
it looks very unprofessional.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:
DanoT wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:It looks like Skulsky wasn't at his usual place on the sidelines for the opener. I glanced over at one point from my seats and couldn't see him there. But it was during the TSN replay of the game I noticed him standing in the end zone with Wally during McCallum's FG attempt in overtime. Please may this be the case from now on.
Does it really matter where Sulsky watches the game from?

During last nights Argos at Stamps game they showed a shot of some Argo fans sitting in the stands and Argo GM Barker was one of them.

It was very annoying to se Dennis there on the sideline for the last few years , maybe tedford told him to stay away .
it looks very unprofessional.
Why is it unprofessional ? He's not yelling at officials, not interfering with Tedford or other coaches, not doing Benny bumps with the players. He's just watching the game.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:Why is it unprofessional ? He's not yelling at officials, not interfering with Tedford or other coaches, not doing Benny bumps with the players. He's just watching the game.
Pretty much what I thought too. I sit 15 rows behind the bench. Whenever I happened to notice Skulsky down there he was always off to the side around where some of the injured players, sideline media and invited Lions' guests hang out.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone, et al --- some good, balanced views.

As we also know from the Canuck (?) fan letter as to why he no longer goes to games it is becoming a real factor for some who no longer need to be at the game to get their fix. Some wanted to trash that fan but rather than get out the pitch forks we'd be better to listen to reasons why.

Whatever is going on, it is leading to less tickets not more.

I think the Lions could do more to generate interest in a variety of other communities too.

But what won't help is guy's like Harris going off message trashing fans 'give your heads a shake' - now he's doubling down when all other Lion tweets posted on the positives where they belong.

Leaders are the Bighills. Harris wants to be a leader but until he grows up more (Cornish had to learn the lesson so must he) he's not going to gain followers.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy