RedBlacks and Ernest Jackson

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hope George Cortez has a surprise or two to counter the Ottawa aggressiveness.
David
Team Captain

Hell, I'll just settle for a surprise of two period - never mind to counteract Ottawa's aggressiveness. I know you don't tip your hand in preseason but the play-calling was brutal. One touchdown in 2 games.

I hope that "tempo" doesn't just mean we run our 2 and outs faster than last year. :wink:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Solar Max wrote:
I don't expect BC to make the playoffs either, but at least Ottawa begins with a win.

Lansdowne will be tough next week, with yet another sellout for R-Nation. Jennings will have his hands full with the Ottawa D.
Is Jennings the starter? That may be the first mistake with your assessment. :) I think that the Lions will be fighting for that playoff berth alright, but Burris is too inconsistent on a team that can't afford any at the QB position. Not sure that Ottawa was going to win this game without the Als QB's going down, that certainly seemed to spark them to the win.

Long season ahead, and it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. Any win in the East is an advantage over the other Eastern teams, as the East looks like the weak sister once again.
Now Rammer, you don't really believe that fairy tale about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and Travis Lulay playing QB do you? Because virtually zero fans of other teams do.

I am liking that you brush off the Redblacks as you do. Arrogance has its weaknesses. :beer:
BC 1988 wrote:
All I can say is OTT will be ready to go after Travis next week.
Coach Nelson has already said as much. Just like last year at Lansdowne.
Arrogance? You might want to check the mirror SM, it is enlightening. But I gave you a West Coast slant on your view is all, no harm. However, calling last years knockout on Lulay is below low, very singular POV, as real CFL fan would not want to see any top players get hurt. I am disappointed in your 'new approach' to the great game. I do hope that Ottawa finds a way to win more games, just not have to count on other teams injuries to satisfy that. Have a good season, enjoy the CFL at its finest, even with the new rule changes.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

With all the injuries to QBs already this season and with OTT's aggressive Defence and having a seasoned QB in Burris, they might be able to compete for first, or stay near the top. Burris knows how to avoid the rush and how to protect himself...if he continues to stay healthy, OTT could start the season on quite a run.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
pennw
Legend

MexicoLionFan wrote:With all the injuries to QBs already this season and with OTT's aggressive Defence and having a seasoned QB in Burris, they might be able to compete for first, or stay near the top. Burris knows how to avoid the rush and how to protect himself...if he continues to stay healthy, OTT could start the season on quite a run.
They are in first place now !
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Arrogance? You might want to check the mirror SM, it is enlightening. But I gave you a West Coast slant on your view is all, no harm. However, calling last years knockout on Lulay is below low, very singular POV, as real CFL fan would not want to see any top players get hurt. I am disappointed in your 'new approach' to the great game. I do hope that Ottawa finds a way to win more games, just not have to count on other teams injuries to satisfy that. Have a good season, enjoy the CFL at its finest, even with the new rule changes.
Well it's certainly enlightening on this end, as the Lions lose to Ottawa in Ottawa's home opener. It's poor planning to take any team for granted, imo.

Arrogance is an old sin, one easily fallen into. Ottawa fans do not take any team lightly; perhaps Lions fans could try some of the same?

#Humility

Travis looked good out there. Lions will bounce back quickly. No doubt. Just win BC...now that Ottawa has come up big.
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Well it's certainly enlightening on this end, as the Lions lose to Ottawa in Ottawa's home opener. It's poor planning to take any team for granted, imo.

Arrogance is an old sin, one easily fallen into. Ottawa fans do not take any team lightly; perhaps Lions fans could try some of the same?

#Humility

Travis looked good out there. Lions will bounce back quickly. No doubt. Just win BC...now that Ottawa has come up big.
Well I think that we have a difference of opinion on my statement being arrogance. I wasn't saying anything favourable about the Lions, just that where a team begins isn't necessarily where they finish. If you think that you haven't read my realistic views on the Lions, I said that they would be battling for a final playoff berth, if that is arrogance your opinion of the Lions is very low...perhaps it is correct though. :)

I will say that Henry wasn't at elite level tonight, should have been picked off at least three more times than he was and Ottawa still won. Lions have a ways to go yet, just need to improve as the season moves along.
Entertainment value = an all time low