2015 standings prediction

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

MexicoLionFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:I don't see why Edmonton would be ranked above B.C? Reilly hasn't proven he's a first-line QB yet and is only effective when he scrambles. That can only take a QB so far in the CFL. He needs to stay in the pocket and find his receivers downfield. He hasn't proven he can do that yet. I'd take the Lions offence sight unseen over the Esks. Travis is head and shoulders better than any QB in Edm...ditto our receiving corp, RB and coaches. The question is can Jones' aggresive defence adapt to the "no-touch" rule?

The Lions are right up there with Sask and Edm. There's no guarantee the Stamps will dominate either, they could easily drop down a peg or two. The Bombers might surprise and win 8 games but I doubt it. And let's not forget about the Lions secret weapons they will unleash on an unsuspecting league for the regular season. :wink:

Lions 11-7
Stamps 11-7
Riders 10-8
Esks 9-9
Bombers 7-11

Argos 10-8
Ticats 10-8
Als 7-11
RB's 6-12

:roar:
If Reilly had stayed healthy last year, he would have won the MOP award. Reilly is an elite QB in this league and certainly is far above the CFL's Top 50 first selection of Bo Levi Mitchell. Esks now look to have some credible backups behind Reilly, which should allow him to move the sticks with his legs again this season. Watch out for the Esks I say, if anyone is going to overtake the Stamps, it will be the Esks.

I agree, there is no use denying the fact that Reilly is an elite CFL QB, not without issues, but he has the ability and character to do what Blitz predicted which is to surpass CGY for first. I think our Lions are looking at dead last for the first half of the season, and what happens after that will be up to the Coach, who should be able to have a roster he likes by then. However, if Lulay re-injures his shoulder, it could be a very, very long season.

Ouch if Lulay gets hurt early done for the year and the lions go 6-12 I can only imagine what the attendance is going to be like
dpoe
Starter

Seeing as there have been some very unfortunate QB injuries in the first week, a healthy Travis becomes a huge asset for this team. Calgary still looks *really* strong but the Esks and Riders will likely flounder somewhat with Reilly and Durant out for extended time frames. Therefore,

Calgary
BC
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Sask

Hamilton
Toronto (Harris can get the job done)
Ottawa
MTL

But... anything can happen.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Here are the final standings so we can compare them with our preseason predictions. I didn't foresee the Saskatchewan collapse or the Ottawa emergence (kudos to those who did) but I came within one or two wins of getting all the other teams right.

FINAL 2015 STANDINGS
West Division
Edmonton 14 4
Calgary 14 4
BC 7 11
Winnipeg 5 13
Saskatchewan 3 15

East Division
Ottawa 12 6
Hamilton 10 8
Toronto 10 8
Montreal 6 12

B.C.FAN wrote:It's the season for making predictions, so here's my prediction for the final 2015 standings:

WEST
Calgary 13-5
Edmonton 12-6
Saskatchewan 10-8
B.C. 9-9
Winnipeg 6-12

EAST
Hamilton 11-7
Toronto 9-9
Montreal 6-12
Ottawa 5-13