Eric Taylor cut by Stamps

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Well, big Eric's time with the Stamps was brief. So the interior of last years d-line is now on the dole; anyone think either Eric or Khalif will get any teams looking for their services?
Will the Lions come knocking on Eric's door or will the brain trust feel vindicated in releasing him in the first place?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Lions should sign him right away...but for a little less than he was making last year as my guess has always been that the Lions may have originally tried to renegotiate his contract and then he refused, so they released him.

Disclaimer for the above statement:
Strictly speculation on my part with no factual info whatsoever but hey it is an internet forum so what else is a guy supposed to do?
CardiacKid
Legend

Forgot to mention that Demonte Bolden was cut from the Stamps as well. There's a quality player available for Lions who, according to Lowell Ullrich, are looking at naming a practice roster of less than 10 to accommodate the cast-offs from other teams.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Moj interviewed Adam Bighill on TSN1040 Saturday afternoon. Bighill said he thought the defensive line played well. Perhaps the players and coaches see things that we're not seeing, but I didn't think think they looked good. The first three Edmoton rushing attempts went for 13, 15 and 12 yards. This was with the projected starting defensive line and linebackers on the field. The Lions also seemed to get no penetration from that unit, and had trouble stopping the Esks on second down.
The_Pauser
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:The Moj interviewed Adam Bighill on TSN1040 Saturday afternoon. Bighill said he thought the defensive line played well. Perhaps the players and coaches see things that we're not seeing, but I didn't think think they looked good. The first three Edmoton rushing attempts went for 13, 15 and 12 yards. This was with the projected starting defensive line and linebackers on the field. The Lions also seemed to get no penetration from that unit, and had trouble stopping the Esks on second down.
To be fair, Biggie isn't going to throw his teammates under the bus. He also isn't in charge of making adjustments there so we'll see what happens. Bringing back ET might not be a bad idea, though Bolden does intrigue me.
Roar you Lions roar!
Qman
Champion

If we are starting 3 DT and 1 RE, might as well grab both of them, because we are going to go through DTs like kobayashi through hot dogs.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Some other team may be interested in Eric Taylor as he still have a few miles left in him. As for Khalif, I think he's done in the CFL
pennw
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:The Moj interviewed Adam Bighill on TSN1040 Saturday afternoon. Bighill said he thought the defensive line played well. Perhaps the players and coaches see things that we're not seeing, but I didn't think think they looked good. The first three Edmoton rushing attempts went for 13, 15 and 12 yards. This was with the projected starting defensive line and linebackers on the field. The Lions also seemed to get no penetration from that unit, and had trouble stopping the Esks on second down.
To be fair, Biggie isn't going to throw his teammates under the bus. He also isn't in charge of making adjustments there so we'll see what happens. Bringing back ET might not be a bad idea, though Bolden does intrigue me.
Bolden is only 29 so probably worth a look since we seem to be short 2 decent DT's . Wonder why the Stamps cut him ? Was he no longer good enough , or did they just find better DL? Why is it so hard for BC find good d-linemen when the other teams seem to have no problem finding them?