Khalif Mitchell cut

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Qman
Champion

looks like Khalif got cut by montreal
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There's a surprise.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:There's a surprise.
Not really. The Als are deep in DL veterans.
aklawitter
All Star

methinks that was some sarcasm.
jcalhoun
Starter

Hey all,

I kinda think he may end up in Ottawa and that will be his absolute last stop in what was once a promising CFL career.

James
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

I kinda think he may end up in Ottawa and that will be his absolute last stop in what was once a promising CFL career.

James
I would be shocked if a person of such questionable integrity were in the RedBlacks locked room.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

James
I would be shocked if a person of such questionable integrity were in the RedBlacks locked room.
Hi SM...good to see you.

How about a post or two on the Redblacks..... Give us some insider insight from someone closer to them.

I don't think Khalif lack's integrity. He basically lacks sound judgment and some critical reasoning skills OR am I forgetting something?

He might do well in OTTAWA as long as he doesn't post on politics.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Perhaps Toppy, but I just don't see whose job he could take.

The Coaching staff in Ottawa is attempting to avoid the circuses surrounding certain personalities that could damage the reputation and the drawing power of the football club, ergo Khalif would not be a great fit, IMO. If you'll recall, Ottawa is on a (as of now) 11 game sold out streak at home, and management would prefer not to mess with that by making questionable personnel choices when other less controversial players are available.

As for ticket sales, my ST is section SS are spoken for for each home game, so in May I attempted to get some decent seats for the Montreal game on Aug 7th, when I will be home.

Best I could manage was Section WW, deep in the end zone. Other than that there were only singles available, this some three months before the game itself.

This is a better record than even the Saskatchewan Greenwhites can boast . I'm sure that Marcel and Jeff Hunt wouldn't want to mess with that by including a Khalif, or as in the old days, a Dexter Manley say.

PS. If we can't have "Rough Riders" , neither can they. To Ottawa fans, they are Wheaties or Greenwhites.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I wanted the Ottawa team to have the same historic name and different spelling.

How will they do this year?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I wanted the Ottawa team to have the same historic name and different spelling.

How will they do this year?
I'd say we win 4.

We have the best receiving corps in the league, but last year Hank was skipping them off he turf with regularity. He probably will this year too. Sinopoli Harty and Carter all on the 1 game IR . (In Carter' s case, a blessing in disguise)

No improvement on Defence or ST.

Yup ..4 would be about right. Bodog set the over/under today on Ottawa wins in 2015 at 5, if that says anything.