Eskimos and Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote: • Here’s where we do need upgrades: returner (glaring....we need a "Yonus Davis" type to tilt the field. Without, we're starting drives from inside the 30 and that's putting too much pressure on your QB to put up points), both guard positions (not terrible but you want someone to grab that position by the gonads and I haven’t seen that. Don’t rule out T-Dre Player starting the season over Dean Valli), and defensive tackle (same).
DH :cool:
Oh man, what I wouldn't give to get Yonus Davis Mark Two in a Lions' uniform. Just the mention of his name and my mind drifts back to memories of some of the absolutely most exciting returns I have ever seen. I truly believe Travis Lulay owes his career to Davis; the big improvement in starting field position Davis afforded Lulay in comparison to his predecessors is about the same time Lulay began to emerge as an effective and winning QB. That shorter field can work wonders.....

I know Lavelle Hawkins has return experience on his resume and it may have been Tedford's hope that Hawkins take the lead in that returner role. Tim Brown was let go on May 25 and Hawkins got his injury on May 31; I think if not for his injury we would have seen Hawkins at least audition for the part.

In the meantime, maybe Davis can return to Canada and play for the Lions. He was trying to upon his release last year....http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Afte ... story.html
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Davis will have trouble getting entry into Canada with a criminal record.