Fire Tedford!!! how many games does he last

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

Fired after a exhibition game with the Lions C team . ???????

Why even go there.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Fired after a exhibition game with the Lions C team . ???????

Why even go there.
LOL.....

That is a great question.

Tedford is not going to be fired as the Lions see the future GM successor in him and at worst when Wally were to decide to leave, he'd be GM and HC or GM and hire a new HC.

If you look at the lower tier of HCs like Benevides and Kavis Reed - they lack leadership skills - get lost in the speeches and details.

The Tedfords get their culture and high performance expectations and vision clear then build a core group of adherents to both buy-in and excel and ensure others do too. But they don't have formal players' councils but leaders whose play excels and whose understanding of the HC's ways and wants is like the coaching staff. The press on Nik Lewis not being in Stampville is a vocal guy who sounded like a Hufnagel or Dickenson parrot when it came to the media. Not all are that outspoken.

Contrast this to the Leafs where the leadership core is essentially rotten and there's a disconnect there with their HC's (plural) and unless you ship some out - it will never work.

I'm am a believer of purrfect practice makes purrfect and you want every game to hit your benchmark but you don't want to be peaking too soon.

The Lions needed to know who can show them enough in that first game and that took both guts as well as the knowledge that you're not getting fired if you lose.

Now the Chris Jones view of playing a preseason game tough. Not sure it's a good thing at the pro level as it's a long season, tough physical season and guys in TC who are sore and possibly a bit tired are vulnerable to injury. But we know Jones is a QB headhunter. I dislike those guys intensely - no respect for the game or their opponents. Just win at all costs. But I played on teams in football and in soccer where you'd run out of headhunters if you pulled that off.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Qman
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:I obviously can't speak for QMan but I immediately assumed this thread was meant to be tongue in cheek, sarcastic, a spoof on Riderville rants.....
I still stand by my statement that Tedford's jacket in the first half looked good. He has already proved himself to be a sartorial improvement over Benevides.

Of course its tongue in cheek, just trying to get the cobwebs off everyone's fingers. Its been slooooow offseason on the site.
... like the riderfans.com reference; its exactly what you would see on there
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote: ... like the riderfans.com reference; its exactly what you would see on there
To be fair, they wouldn't have waited until the 3rd quarter.
Qman
Champion

That was terrible!!!!!!!

Tedford totally out coached tonite ... and we had full week of game tape on ottawa.

... how many games did bill laforge last
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:That was terrible!!!!!!!

Tedford totally out coached tonite ... and we had full week of game tape on ottawa.

... how many games did bill laforge last
You remind of the Iraqi Propaganda minister. Laughable. Honestly you can't be serious.

If you know sports at all you know this team under new leadership won't blow all out of the gate right away.

They need to learn the lessons here and make changes. End the BS play calling that OTT caught onto.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

This thread is frankly, tiresome if this is going to be renewed every time we lose a football game.

Locking this down.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar