State of the franchise recap

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
"As usual I like to keep an eye on the OL and the DL, the frontline of attack and defence". WCJ
Me too WCJ and its going to be an interesting training camp on both sides of the line of scrimmage and who will be lining up on both our offensive and defensive lines to start the season.

Interesting that our Leos tried to sign Banks and then Williams in the off-season as our return man.

Looks like Rodgers is out of here. I like Partridge. It will be interesting to see how his fate turns out with all the quarterbacks signed so far. I can't see Beck being here this season. Last year, the plan was to have backups who had pro experience but with Lulay hurting his shoulder again the two quarterbacks behind Lulay this season will be development quarterbacks getting ready for the starter position in the future.

in terms of safety we could always go with an import at safety and use on of our Canadian defensive backs at wide side corner...its an option and all our Canadians who are lined up for the safety position have experience playing corner in college.
I thought Beck looked good in his live reps, Blitz. The question for me is: Does he have the grit, the instincts, the fire, et cetera? His mechanics must be top notch, as he does work training QBs.

I seem to be almost alone in still seeing something in Iannuzzi. OK, me and Wally. LOL He has speed. I think his hands are good. Adaptation from non-football-factory, Harvard to the CFL? This will be the make or break year for him, methinks.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Not to want to toss water on the fire but has anyone else noticed that even Tedford is saying what Wally has said last year about Lulay?

He has to be safe BUT he's a competitor.

We know Lulay talks like former QB Buck Pierce - thinks 'I'd make that run again as that is the QB's job'.

If Partridge and one other don't emerge as true players this season will see that lower bowl go short with fans.

Most fans (casual albeit) think basically that Lulay is one hit from a career end.

The other disturbing issue for me is the number of casualties from last year who are not going to be at TC to see if they are better/worse than the new signings. Seems a lot of churn.

I do agree though that Tedford has to establish his culture, his direction and his philosophy though.

HC is a genuine leader and not a pretender though.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Not to want to toss water on the fire but has anyone else noticed that even Tedford is saying what Wally has said last year about Lulay?

He has to be safe BUT he's a competitor.

We know Lulay talks like former QB Buck Pierce - thinks 'I'd make that run again as that is the QB's job'.

If Partridge and one other don't emerge as true players this season will see that lower bowl go short with fans.

Most fans (casual albeit) think basically that Lulay is one hit from a career end.

The other disturbing issue for me is the number of casualties from last year who are not going to be at TC to see if they are better/worse than the new signings. Seems a lot of churn.

I do agree though that Tedford has to establish his culture, his direction and his philosophy though.

HC is a genuine leader and not a pretender though.
Re Lulay. Nice to hear Tedford talking about self-protection drills, how to fall, etc. Buck Pierce needed to hear some serious coaching in that area. If he had, he might still be playing. Buck and Travis have always been willing to give it up for the team. But the team needs them on the field -- QB Job #1: Stay Healthy.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Blitz
Team Captain

I thought Beck looked good in his live reps, Blitz. The question for me is: Does he have the grit, the instincts, the fire, et cetera? His mechanics must be top notch, as he does work training QBs.

I seem to be almost alone is still seeing something in Iannuzzi. OK, me and Wally. LOL He has speed. I think his hands are good. Adaptation from non-football-factory, Harvard to the CFL? This will be the make or break year for him, methinks. WCJ
I think his age is his biggest liability.

Interesting that Hendrick led the U.S college ranks in passing percentage completion average last year and won the Fiesta Bowl for Boise State. He has a soft touch, accurate arm, and is deceptively quick.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Blitz wrote:
"As usual I like to keep an eye on the OL and the DL, the frontline of attack and defence". WCJ
Me too WCJ and its going to be an interesting training camp on both sides of the line of scrimmage and who will be lining up on both our offensive and defensive lines to start the season.

Interesting that our Leos tried to sign Banks and then Williams in the off-season as our return man.

Looks like Rodgers is out of here. I like Partridge. It will be interesting to see how his fate turns out with all the quarterbacks signed so far. I can't see Beck being here this season. Last year, the plan was to have backups who had pro experience but with Lulay hurting his shoulder again the two quarterbacks behind Lulay this season will be development quarterbacks getting ready for the starter position in the future.

in terms of safety we could always go with an import at safety and use on of our Canadian defensive backs at wide side corner...its an option and all our Canadians who are lined up for the safety position have experience playing corner in college.

I seem to be almost alone in still seeing something in Iannuzzi. OK, me and Wally. LOL He has speed. I think his hands are good. Adaptation from non-football-factory, Harvard to the CFL? This will be the make or break year for him, methinks.
I'm another Iannuzzi fan. With Tim Brown released, I would like to see Iannuzzi do some kick returns.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I was a Poblah fan, based on the speed and athleticism he showed in Winnipeg when healthy. He never lived up to my hopes as a Lion. Iannuzzi has good straight-ahead speed and a proven ability to get open. He is also by all accounts a class guy on and off the field. I don't expect him to make game-breaking plays but he can get first downs.