Site Troubles

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

As some of you know we experienced some site problems yesterday, I had to restore the database from a couple weeks ago. Lucky friday the 13th :hypno:

These problems may persist so I will be looking for a long term solution :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like some of the latest threads that were created before this issue arose — ones that came after that latest backup, for example the 2015 marketing thread and the RIP Leonard Nimoy thread — have been lost. Hopefully things get solved for the longer term.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.