CFL Combines 2015

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Kirk Penton of the Winnipeg Sun has a good overview of the combine and draft class, along with opinions on players whose stock rose and fell on the weekend:
Players whose stocks rose and fell during the CFL combine over the weekend in Toronto, according to various scouts:

UP
•RB Shaquille Murray-Lawrence, UNLV – Runnin' Rebel raced to a record 40 time (for a while), showed great pass protection skills and interviewed well
•DB Chris Ackie, Wilfrid Laurier – defensive back/linebacker hybrid was most explosive tester and “won” his last three one-on-ones with receivers on Sunday
•OL James Bodanis, Michigan State – the former U of T defensive lineman played only four games in last two years but looked solid in one-on-ones.

DOWN
•DT Daryl Waud, Western – big Hamilton product came in as the third ranked prospect but didn't dominate the way he had planned
•WR Lemar Durant, Simon Fraser – broke the receiver bench press record and had the fastest 40 among pass catchers but didn't interview well and didn't stand out catching the ball
•LB Adam Konar, Calgary – weekend started poorly when he missed his flight on Friday, then didn't live up to speed and coverage expectations on Sunday​
This CFL draft class is loaded with talent

Penton was a busy man, filing two additional articles after the combine, including one with quotes from Manitoba Bison QB and former Lions' training camp invitee Jordan Yantz:
Meanwhile, Bisons quarterback Jordan Yantz continued to impress the scouts on Sunday with his bullet passes, sneaky good speed and excellent deep balls. He won't get drafted, but will he get a shot with someone?

“I'm excited to see what comes up,” said Yantz, who earned a couple of oohs and ahhs from the scouts and the small crowd on hand on a couple of his deep balls. “I know it won't be anything crazy in the draft if anything does happen, but I'm excited to see what does happen. To this point I've done all I can do. Now it's just a waiting game and get ready, hopefully, for a training camp.

“I've been getting positive feedback every day, so it's good.”
Mission accomplished for Bisons at CFL combine

And he offered this insight into the Bombers' dilemma of what to do with three picks in the top 15 and whether to trade down with their second overall pick:

Many questions, few answers as Bombers ponder who to pick No. 2 in CFL draft