Seahawks' Michael Bennett Takes Jab at CFL on Media Day

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

He loves the fans because he dislikes playing in front of lame crowds.

“Playing in front of nobody would be like playing in the CFL (Canadian Football League),” Bennett said. “And that would be no fun.”

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewe ... 28xml.html
Big Time
Champion

Who cares? Considering the crowds he plays in front of in Seattle, nothing in any league will ever really come close. I doubt anyone who plays for the Argos gets all that excited about playing in front of their crowds. There have been times here in BC where that would have been true too.

Bennett is a hell of a player and I'll be cheering like hell for the Seahawks this weekend.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:Who cares? Considering the crowds he plays in front of in Seattle, nothing in any league will ever really come close. I doubt anyone who plays for the Argos gets all that excited about playing in front of their crowds. There have been times here in BC where that would have been true too.

Bennett is a hell of a player and I'll be cheering like hell for the Seahawks this weekend.
I will cheer for Bennett on the field in a seahawk uniform. Off the field, or on other teams, not so much
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
JohnHenry
Champion

Who cares what the opinion of some ignorant, arrogant slob is, like that useless turd yesterday with the sunglasses who refused to answer any of the reporters questions? I could care less if the Seahawks lose and don't make the playoffs for another 20 years. I won't be watching in either case. :thdn:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

At the end of the article about Bennett it says that he road a police bicycle around the field after the Championship game and he would like to ride a horse around the Superbowl.

So if someone told him that IN THE CFL there is a horse that runs up and down the sidelines in Calgary after a TD, then he might just change his view of our league.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Like others have said, who really cares what he thinks. Perhaps he should have a chat with Cameron Wakes what he thinks of the CFL
Dusty
Champion

I've found that, in general, people like what they know and dislike what they do not know.....

I hope the Seahawks win, because they are closest to me (almost like a NFL "home team"), but quite frankly, considering I have many more friendships with people in New England than in Washington, I'm OK with the Patriots winning.... Hoping mainly for good game....
Rammer
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:At the end of the article about Bennett it says that he road a police bicycle around the field after the Championship game and he would like to ride a horse around the Superbowl.

So if someone told him that IN THE CFL there is a horse that runs up and down the sidelines in Calgary after a TD, then he might just change his view of our league.
Or a horse through the hotel at Grey Cup. Oh how the CFL is much more fun.
Entertainment value = an all time low
aklawitter
All Star

Rammer wrote:Or a horse through the hotel at Grey Cup. Oh how the CFL is much more fun.
or opposing defenders riding our QBs around the backfield
QB Club 63
All Star

Perhaps if Michael Bennett would talk to some of his colleagues, instead of spouting off sound bites for reporters he would realize playing football for money, whether it's in front of a packed stadium full of rabid fans or a delightfully intimate and polite gathering of Canadians is far, far better than having to ask everyone he greets "Would you like fries with that?"

Give your head a shake, Michael. Or better yet, get it out of your A$$! :wag:
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Big Time wrote:Who cares? Considering the crowds he plays in front of in Seattle, nothing in any league will ever really come close. I doubt anyone who plays for the Argos gets all that excited about playing in front of their crowds. There have been times here in BC where that would have been true too.

Brilliant response...Love your enemies as we are all ONE...we are connected!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
South Pender
Legend

JohnHenry wrote:Who cares what the opinion of some ignorant, arrogant slob is, like that useless turd yesterday with the sunglasses who refused to answer any of the reporters questions? I could care less if the Seahawks lose and don't make the playoffs for another 20 years. I won't be watching in either case. :thdn:
LOL. I'm guessing you're referring to Marshawn Lynch (I didn't see the interview), who refuses to talk with reporters. Seahawks fans would say something like: "Well he may be a turd, but he's our turd." Reminiscent of President Roosevelt's comment to an aide when the aide mentioned to Roosevelt that a certain South American dictator (who was supported by the US at the time) was a "son of a *beeotch*." Roosevelt replied, "Well he may be a son of a *beeotch*, but he's our son of a *beeotch*." :wink:
South Pender
Legend

MexicoLionFan wrote:

Brilliant response...Love your enemies as we are all ONE...we are connected!
You mean no man is an island?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

These guys make these comments and for him it's just a throwaway line I am sure not realizing how it plays poorly with CFL fans and is loved by Canada's NFL wannabes - I think Dano created that term.

I have spoken to players who played both sides of the border and I posted this before. Neon Leon Bright was a guest coach at SFU when Chris Beaton was there and his locker was next to mine when I was assisting the JV soccer HC and he told me that he loved the CFL but the money allured him. Here it was more fun.

Listen to Doug Flutie - he publicly says he feels like an outsider at the NFL events despite what he did but has the opposite feeling when he comes back to Canada and anything CFL where he feels right at home.

Moon, Theismann - these guys value and treasure their CFL time and while a team mate says Joe was heading to the NFL - Joe's story was the nasty GM John Barrow of the Argos (never understood him to be GM as he was a nasty Hamilton Ti-cat) drove him out to the NFL. His team mate the day Theismann said after his broken leg was watching that on TV and laughed saying - that Joe had a plan for everything and he was not waking up with no career as that is not how he thinks. He came to Canada to get home to the NFL.

When Neil McCrae had Theissmann on as he was travelling the talk shows pumping something for ESPN IIRC - McCrae kept trying to goad him into trashing the CFL. He ignored this at first as he was sticking to his pump message as he was being paid for that until finally he got a bit ticked and put McCrae in his place.

To think these guys who make friendships on and off field and who realize that the chance they got to learn and grow as a step to the NFL they would not get of college are all of a sudden going to diss the CFL is insanity and ridiculous.

The Moj had Moon on and secretly patched in Tom Wilkinson who was trying to hide his voice and that too was funny as Wilky was saying how much good shape Wilkinson was in and Moon was trying to not to trash a former team mate until he caught on. He was posing as another announcer IIRC.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote: When Neil McCrae had Theissmann on as he was travelling the talk shows pumping something for ESPN IIRC - McCrae kept trying to goad him into trashing the CFL. He ignored this at first as he was sticking to his pump message as he was being paid for that until finally he got a bit ticked and put McCrae in his place.

To think these guys who make friendships on and off field and who realize that the chance they got to learn and grow as a step to the NFL they would not get of college are all of a sudden going to diss the CFL is insanity and ridiculous.

The Moj had Moon on and secretly patched in Tom Wilkinson who was trying to hide his voice and that too was funny as Wilky was saying how much good shape Wilkinson was in and Moon was trying to not to trash a former team mate until he caught on. He was posing as another announcer IIRC.

Round is a shape :wink: As to McCrae, he's a jerk.