Seahawks' Michael Bennett Takes Jab at CFL on Media Day

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:Wii you people stop blaming the seahawks for this this is some stupid NFL player that does not know anything about the CFL what so ever , I do video production at some Seahawk games and I do know very well most of the players have a very good respect for the cfl and what it is.

Russel Wilson and some of his teammates were at the Grey Cup game to watch . I agree it is dumb to make so much of one minor comment and blow it out of proportion .Seems everyone forgot about the Seahawks here in Vancouver to take in our game .I think that out weighs one dumb comment .
I don't think to much of the mindset of some who see the the NFL as so vastly superior , but the opposite we get by those who take every opportunity to slag the NFL is just as bad . Let's not have an inferiority complex either way .

CFL should not have an inferiority complex at all.

In fact, if I were them I'd consider ads featuring alums like Moon, Theissmann, Wake, Flutie - IF their current contracts didn't get in the way as a way to promote the CFL from guys who know both leagues.

Do it as a celebration of the greats and help promote the CFL in Canada amongst younger sports fans and potential media buyers.

It is great when these guys on TV when they are in town but then they are being viewed by the converted fans who are watching.

When Wilson was at GC in BC some debated whether the CFL should acknowledge that - I think yes. Why not. Tom Hanks and his son Colin and Martin Short at the Regina GC and they got on TV were great too but again those of us watching are converts. The non converts need to know that Hanks like the CFL and that Short is still a huge Ticat fan. In fact Short was on TV specials over the holidays and I noted that he always said Canadian even at the presentations in Washington. He found a way to get that in for all including a Carol Burnett tribute.. Love that.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy