Top 10 reasons to be pessimestic for 2015

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Having some fun with MexicoLionFan's top 10 reasons to be positive for 2015, here's my top 10 reasons to be negative for 2015. We need some levity on this forum

Number 10:

Despite a plethora of good free agents, Lions will not sign a single starter that can help the club. This is largely due to Buono's history of jettisoning players before the best due date. They might be able to attract a backup or two.

Number 9:

Mark Washington will be back for a 2nd season as defensive coordinator and will show he has learned absolutely nothing from 2014. He will continue to run the vanilla defence we saw this year. 4 man rush with no blitzing, loops and stunts. Opposing quarterbacks will kill us with delayed draws after SolE and Bighill has dropped off to defend the pass.

Number 8:

Khari Jones will be back to fulfill his 2nd year of his 2 year contract and once again see the Lions get off to a slow start. Numerous 2 and outs. We will once again lead the league in allowing the most quarterback sacks.

Number 7:

Will the Lions be able to find a couple of stud defensive tackles ? Eric Taylor and Khreem Smith is another year older. And of course, we still have to addressed the issue of the safety position.

Number 6:

Ottawa RedBlacks will be improved

Number 5:

Number 1 question for Lion fans: how is Travis Lulay's shoulder holding up ? Lions don't appear to have an adequate backup.

Number 4:

Chuck McMann.

Number 3:

Dan Dorazio. Need I say more ?

Number 2:

Mini Wally 2.0 Will the new coach be given full autonomy to run the club or will Buono be lurking on the roof and cherry picker pulling the strings ?

Number 1:

God's will
QB Club 63
All Star

OK, I'll bite. :roar:

Here are my top ten pessimists...
#10 - Blitz
#9 - MexicoLionFan
#8 - Lions4Ever
#7 - Hambone
#6 - cromartie
#5 - Toppy Vann
#4 - sj-roc
#3 - Rammer
#2 - WestCoastJoe
#1 - TheLionKing

...now before anyone gets upset, this is all in the spirit of bringing levity to the forum. I chose all these names at random (well, everyone except TheLionKing, that is! :tease: )

Have a great off-season everybody, and I hope Santa Wally brings us all a new HC for Xmas! :beauty:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

QB Club 63 wrote:OK, I'll bite. :roar:

#10 - Blitz
#9 - MexicoLionFan
#8 - Lions4Ever
#7 - Hambone
#6 - cromartie
#5 - Toppy Vann
#4 - sj-roc
#3 - Rammer
#2 - WestCoastJoe
#1 - TheLionKing

...now before anyone gets upset, this is all in the spirit of bringing levity to the forum. I chose all these names at random (well, everyone except TheLionKing, that is! :tease: )

Have a great off-season everybody, and I hope Santa Wally brings us all a new HC for Xmas! :beauty:
I'm only #6? What's a guy have to do to leave an impression around here?
MexicoLionFan
Legend

That was great stuff TLK...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry reading that list...

And I did a spit take when I read "Dan Dorazio, Need I say more?"

There are lots of positives if the Lions choose to see them and feature them...there are issues as well...first step is the new HC by Christmas!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I had a good chuckle when I read it. Oh that TLK. Lancing a boil.

But isn't that list kind of ... ummm n e g a t I v e? We don't want any negatives around here, do we?

"Hey, who you callin' negative?"

"I am not negative. You're negative."

"Yes, you are. You were negative towards Buono."

"But you were negative towards my comment."

How about we all say what we really think? Get it all out.

There we go ... some Christmas spirit. :wink:

Am I serious? Am I joking?

Pretty heavy around here ...

Well, what the heck, it's just the internet. Let 'er rip.

But, but, but ... You, you, you ...

Is there a message in there? Post your own stuff. Ignore stuff you don't like. Judge others at your peril.

But you ...

Oh yeah, do I care about this website? Is it not obvious? Yes, of course I do.

Is this place always fun? Far, far from it. I see we have some unhappy campers. I see sniping. Someone shoots. Someone shoots back. Some people do not shoot back. Some would like some protection, if they were to dare to post an opinion.

Oh this place can run itself. Yuh ... Just like any institution.

Do you care about this website?
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

#10 - Blitz
#9 - MexicoLionFan
#8 - Lions4Ever
#7 - Hambone
#6 - cromartie
#5 - Toppy Vann
#4 - sj-roc
#3 - Rammer
#2 - WestCoastJoe
#1 - TheLionKing

BC Fan didn't even make the top 10!!! Shocker. Blitz at 10? Wow.....
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

#10 - Blitz
#9 - MexicoLionFan
#8 - Lions4Ever
#7 - Hambone
#6 - cromartie
#5 - Toppy Vann
#4 - sj-roc
#3 - Rammer
#2 - WestCoastJoe
#1 - TheLionKing

And I believed, before this post that I was an optomist. :wink:

Here are my Top 10 Reasons to be pessimistic for 2015

10. Kato is another year older
9. The mad professor has another new blocking scheme for the offensive line
8. We will have a new version for the spread offence - we will go with 6 receivers lined up very deep behind our punter and onside. Solves the problem of quarterback sacks. The punter will kick the football very high and every receiver will get a shot at catching it.
7. On defense, we'll give up on getting some pass rushers and recruit defensive backs for the defensive line. That way, we can drop 12 into pass coverage.
6. We'll use the extra imports CFL teams can utilize in innovative ways - we'll use a different International for punter, field goal kicker, convert kicker, kick off kicker, and for skillfully placing an onside kickoff. This new personell strategy will become a popular CFL innovation for using Internationals wisely.
5. McMann will significantly reduce penalties on punt returns by banning his players from blocking on punt returns.
4. Wally will build team chemistry by leading the pre-game cheer from a cherry picker
3. The money saved from our inability to sign free agents will be used to improve half time shows. Instead of junior high marching bands we'll create a new contest - one fan each game will be selected to attempt a 75 yard field goal to win a B.C. Lion t-shirt.
2. Wally will hire Chap to teach him his hand signals. Wally will then be able to direct the new HC from high in the stands during games without ever being seen within shouting distance of his new HC.
1. David Skulsky will instigate a guaranteed win night in our season opener against Calgary, offering free season passes to every fan if we don't win. Revenue will be so reduced that Skulsky will have to suit up at center. That will finally get rid of the concept of guaranteed win night by Skulsky forever.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Joe and Blitz, I near pee'd in my pants reading your responses! That was great, great stuff...Joe, you have to love the "but, but, but"...as Pee Wee Herman once said, "everyone I know has a big but"...

Blitz, I nearly fell off my chair reading that...every line was a classic, especially the 75 yard FG competition for a T-Shirt...I am still laughing at that one! I think the DLine idea is already in motion with Bazzie at DE...instead of dumping Dante Marsh, he could easily replace Smith at DE...with 12 in pass coverage, then, and only then, will Washington be finally happy!

As for McMann's plan, aren't we doing this already???

Again, GREAT STUFF guys...thank you!!!!

Albert Einstein
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I like Blitz's number 8. But isn't that basically rugby?
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:I like Blitz's number 8. But isn't that basically rugby?

Arrr, Rugger, take me fly wheel and hooker and toss them out to me wing...

Albert Einstein
The_Pauser
Legend

Blitz, I love your suggestion about the new spread offense! It helps us work around Lulay's shoulder injury. ;)
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

#10 - Blitz
#9 - MexicoLionFan
#8 - Lions4Ever
#7 - Hambone
#6 - cromartie
#5 - Toppy Vann
#4 - sj-roc
#3 - Rammer
#2 - WestCoastJoe
#1 - TheLionKing

Yay, I'm #1, the top dog.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:

8. We will have a new version for the spread offence - we will go with 6 receivers lined up very deep behind our punter and onside. Solves the problem of quarterback sacks. The punter will kick the football very high and every receiver will get a shot at catching it.
What a genius ! Blitz for Offensive Coordinator. There will be no further discussion about Lulay's injured shoulder. He will be used exclusively to hold on extra points and field goal attempts. :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:

#10 - Blitz
#9 - MexicoLionFan
#8 - Lions4Ever
#7 - Hambone
#6 - cromartie
#5 - Toppy Vann
#4 - sj-roc
#3 - Rammer
#2 - WestCoastJoe
#1 - TheLionKing

Yay, I'm #1, the top dog.
I think there was probably some ballot stuffing.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Ergo, all before me should feel flattered. I'm feeling very Letterman tonight. Please be kind. I don't have much ego left after this season.

My top ten reasons to feel pessimistic about 2015 from the least to worst.

10. Andre's will revive Baby Duck and it will be the Official wine of the BC Lions.
9. In order to spare hurt feelings, every team will be allowed into the playoffs. All participants will get a ribbon, all will be declared a winner and a new cup built of lego will be disassembled at the end of the season so that each player can have a piece of the trophy and to avoid those costly welding repairs that the current cup requires so often.
8. To keep up with the metric system, every time the ball is placed, the position will be given in both yards and meters
7. Our new prospective head coach will verbally agree to terms but will change his mind on the way to the airport and sign with another team.
6. Ben Sankey will be added to our negotiation list in 2015
5. The new commish will be a Conservative Party of Canada insider.
4. The Clubs season ticket holder database will be hacked by North Korea who will then apologize and undo the hack.
3. Mayor Moonbeam will convert all available parking spaces in the area to bike lanes and racks.
2. BC Place will be renamed by its newest sponsor as the Kinder Morgan Oil Palace. All season's ticket holders get a complimentary specimen jar of extra thick hair gel along with a promotional
commemorative book entitled "The Lion, the Bitumen and the Broke O".
1. Rider fans will unequivocally prove that their team is in fact Canada's team
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.