Just in Time For Christmas...Top Ten

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MexicoLionFan
Legend

In honour of the season of Loving, not shopping, and to all the great Lion's fans on this wonderful website, here are my Top 10 reasons to be positive about the Lions heading into next season...

NUMBER 10...

The hardest part for our improvement has already been done! The fact that Benevides has already been let go and Wally made the comments publicly that the new HC could decide which of the Assistants he wanted, if any...its time for change in BC...no matter who was to blame for us becoming so predictable and "behind the times", the future is now in Lionsland! Wally has given the Lions "first dibs" on the best candidates out there which is a tremendous advantage because there are so many great coaches available around North America!

NUMBER 9...

David Braley has now confirmed his selling price publicly, he has identified four suitors and the process will begin to sell the Lions...this organization will be forced into making the best decisions possible to generate structure, order and HOPE so that the fans are placated and the new owners soothed. Dennis Skulsky has been listening to us and others getting a general feedback from the Lion's fans as what they want to see...he is Braley's "spy" and will now be keeping a sharp eye on all that is done so that the new direction is STRONG and SURE!

NUMBER 8...

Right or Wrong, Wally has already indicated who he will be keeping on our roster and who he won't...this provides pending FAs a list of our needs for those that would consider coming to BC...it also helps Wally to know how much he has to spend and what he needs from the beginning!

NUMBER 7...

This year's list of CFL FAs is very deep, and sure, about half will be resigned before they actually become available, but a very strong group will still remain...and two on that list will be HAMs Dan LeFevour and SSKs Ben Heenan...what a start to FA those two signings would make! And for all the bridges that Wally has burned with players as a GM, money is still money, and while Wally may have to "overpay" a little, ultimately BC is a wonderful place to live and play!

NUMBER 6...

Recent precedent for rapid turnaround in the CFL with parity league wide in talent...Chris Jones came to EDM with an inexperienced staff and a very AVERAGE talent base...they were one of the best teams in the CFL this season making it to the WF...Jim Popp wasn't prepared to see a second season in a row go down the drain with poor coaching hires and an inadequate QB...in midseason, he made the changes that he needed to, found the brightest young football minds to come to MTL and assist Tom Higgins in putting together a winning team...they ended up in the EF and gave HAM all they could handle! And like EDM, their talent is average. Our turnaround for the better can be happen quickly!

NUMBER 5...

Diana Krall, Elvis Costello, West Coast Joe and Blitz...I don't know why I just said that, but I really like Diana Krall, Elvis Costello, West Coast Joe and Blitz!!!

NUMBER 4...

There are existing Assistant Coaches that are helping this team and will likely be kept by the new HC. Kelly Bates has turned our fortunes around at the CFL draft. His picks, since he took over from Mike Benevides, have been excellent IMO. Jabar Weterman, Kirby Fabien, Matt Norman, Hunter Steward, SJ Haidara, Bo Lokombo, Cam Thorne, David Menard, etc...from 2007 to 2011 our draft picks were a virtual wasteland! And with a public admittance that the Lion's need to do a better job of developing their draft picks from Wally, this should only get BETTER for us moving forward! LB Coach Johnny Holland did a terrific job with our talented group and with Bo Lokombo amongst them, this position will only get better, even Sol and Biggie both said that they have NOT YET played their best football!

NUMBER 3...

Our scouting system under Wally Buono...Wally has historically done a BETTER JOB than any other CFL GM in finding great talent south of the border. The team he has in place now have demonstrated that they can still deliver...with Neil McEvoy, Ryan Rigmaiden (expertise with Arena Football), and Roy Shivers the Lions have a great blend of youth and experience along with intelligence! Just this past offseason alone they brought to camp (or during the season) Keola Antolin, Torri Williams, Bryan Burnham, TJ Lee, Ronnie Yell, Alex Bazzie, Jermarcus Hardrick (who will become an All CFL player with proper coaching), and Lavasier Tuinei (who might just be the best WR on the team in time)...that was an A+ haul of talent IMO!

NUMBER 2...

The potential for our youthful talent to EXPLODE with success under a new coaching staff. Look at what Kelly Bates has done as our RB Coach (and he's a retired OLineman)...all of our backs came in this season and looked polished from the git-go including Antolin...Andrew Harris has become a great blocker helping to protect the QB...his pass routes have become much smoother and crisper, and he has learned to read the blocking as he approaches the LOS and then find his holes...tremendous work by Bates...Johnny Holland took a very good Soloman Elimimian and turned him into the best CFL LB in a long time...Adam Bighill has continued to improve and excel (which is a scary thought for opponents)...Josh Johnson had a great rookie season as the Dime back, or 3rd LB too...add to his list Bo Lokombo and a 2nd year for Casey Chin and we have the best group of LBs in the CFL. Now, if we take this talent and turn it over to TOP NOTCH position coaches on the OLine, the Receivers, the DLine and the Secondary, I have no doubt that we will be considered to have the best talent in the CFL...in particular I am VERY bullish about our Receivers and OLine, yes, that's right I said our OLine! Arcenaeaux and Taylor may NOT be our two best receivers, and they are both very good. With the right coaching, teaching and systems Ernest Jackson, Bryam Burnham and Lava Tuinei could all become MONSTER CFL receivers! EJ was unstoppable for a month this season, Burnham looked very, very good in his limited time and Tuinei is a DREAM TARGET...he has great speed, hands and moves to go along with his size...and our CDN receivers are BETTER than we know...I am not sold on Iannuzzi and Poblah, but they could get better with improved coaching...but its Haidara, Adekolu, and Tomusiak that are our future, and it looks good...and I do not believe we have seen the best of Shawn Gore yet either. Receiver could easily turn into a top strength on this team with Proper Coaching! Finally our OLine...I agree with so many of you that Hardrick shouldn't be let go...we are a two INT OL team...plug Hardrick in a LG and Olafoye at RT...now, how to fill in the rest...for sure Hunter Steward at LT and Kirby Fabien at RG...Steward was unbelievable at LT this season before he broke his foot...the biggest thing about Steward was his TECHNIQUE...for a rookie LT (NAT or INT) his technique was top notch...give him another year to GROW in strength and smarts and the sky is the limit for this young man. Kirby Fabien will finally be healthy at RG, lining up next to Olafoye. A stable position and healthy knees will find Fabien to be a top notch CFL guard. The question is Centre...I like Matt Norman, and think that he can do the job at Centre with consistency around him, a better offensive system and PROPER COACHING and Teaching! The young man wasn't a fluke in his first season, he has real talent and smarts, but he NEEDS help! The Lions could always go after Ben Heenan for Centre and then rotate Norman through the OLine to give us more depth and make this group a TEAM STRENGTH instead of an embarrassment...I refuse to believe that the talent is NOT there! With new coaching in EDM Simon Rottier became an ALL STAR, and he has very, very average talents, believe me! I am excited about this group moving forward under the coaching of Kelly Bates!

NUMBER 1...

Our overall Team Talent...I truly believe that with proper coaching and teaching our talent will be BETTER than CGY's and DEEPER! We have the horses here to compete, we are just two or three additions away from getting back to the GC with the proper coaching. I truly believe that we could stand pat with what we have on the OLine...T-Dre and Cam Thorne both show great promise as well...we are more than ready at both Receiver and RB...we have the best LBs in the league...our Defensive secondary was good enough to play with FOUR instead of FIVE and still excel. So where do we need to add...clearly Safety, you will just have to trust me on this one if you can't see it, but Cord Parks and Ryan Phillips WILL instantly be twice the players they showed this season with ACTUAL Safety help. DB in the CFL without Safety help may just be the toughest position to play because the field is so wide and you can't cheat to one side if you can't count on your Safety! Just this one addition will make a HUGE difference to our overall team D...SSK cannot afford to resign all of their FAs, Tyrone Brackinridge might truly be available...Wally MUST pull the trigger on a deal to get us a safety, or finally understand that he has to play an INT there...Torri Williams already played a lot of snaps there last season and he adds a whole other dimension...give him a couple of seasons to really understand the position, and he would be an All Star! Second, our DLine has to get better...maybe Bazzie will suffice with a 2nd year improvement, perhaps Khreem Smith has another good season left in him...but the reality is that our DTs MUST GET BIGGER and BETTER. Westerman is more than ready to start, but neither Mitchell NOR Taylor were good enough along side of him...the Lions must bring in one guy that is a beast inside...he doesn't need to generate many sacks or tackles, he just needs to force two guys on him at all times, like we have always had in the past. This will make Bazzie and Smith even better than they were this season. Finally, QB...I hate to say this, but Lulay will never again be an All Star Qb...as he won't last the season and he won't be able to throw accurately out of the pocket! We need to move forward with someone new...Beck is a waste...sorry to say that, but he is...Partridge is a keeper I think, but we shouldn't bank on him...we need to go out and find someone who will be the next guy...let Partridge develop alongside of him...whether it is LeFevour in HAM or not, we need to target this guy and MOVE FORWARD in a new chapter, this one without Travis Lulay...remember, Bo Levi Mitchell and Zach Collaros are NOT superstars...they are good young QBs who should continue to develop, but they are BOTH PROTECTED by their coaches...Durant is at the end of his days in SSK...Reilly has shown difficulty in staying healthy and he still has that horrible delivery...Ray is almost out of time and Burris is done in OTT...the young kid in MTL shows promise, but the great talent doesn't appear to the there...but the MOXY and attitude sure are! So the Lions aren't as "far behind" as many might think we are...a Good Young QB that will develop is out there, the Lions can find this player and develop him, but he will need help...we need NEW COACHING who will excel at TEACHING for this thing to turn around. But as I said, we are already more than half way there!

So my friends, let us celebrate all the things we have in common with each other and not worry about the one or two philosophical differences...this is such a great site to visit and to learn...if you read things here that you feel are too harsh or critical, just remember that its just one person's viewpoint and you can choose for yourself what you want to believe in! There is so much to not just be happy about on our Earth right now, but ECSTATIC!!! It is such a beautiful creation and people are more alike than we all know...and with leaders on this website like Joe, Blitz, David and TLK we are in VERY, VERY good hands...there is so much to learn here everyday if you choose to, so celebrate this website, don't fear it!

A wonderful Holiday Season to all of you and EVERYONE on this great Earth! I look forward to so many more brilliant comments in the days/weeks to come as we get closer to our 2015 football team! Enjoy your lives always!!! Peace and Love my friends!

MLF
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

For the personal touch, MLF, I am honoured. It is mutual.

Great, detailed post.

Season's Greetings to you and your loved ones.

Gonna re-read the details of your post a bit later. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Great post MLF.

I don't agree about going after Brackenridge for FS. Yes he is the top FS in the CFL but as such he will command big $ and as you mention if the Lions go for an INT player at FS then they already have a candidate in Torri Williams. If the Lions stay at FS with a NAT, then I would like to see Bo Lokombo given a chance at FS. As a LB what chance does Bo ever have at being a starter when he plays behind Elimimian and Bighill?

Ben Heenan is another guy that is top notch and could command a big price as a FA. Instead I would like the Lions to offer whatever it takes to sign LeFevour at QB. I have serious doubts about both the longevity of Lulay's career and his effectiveness as a long ball thrower which means the opposing D can focus on shutting down his run and short pass game and ignore the long pass threat.

I also like the O line, without Dorazio as the Oline coach. Vali could serve a valuable roll as special teams and O line backup while being a vocal veteran Oline leader at the same time.

Finally, whether he is a QB coach, OC or HC or an adviser, I just want to see Jeff Garcia as part of the BC Lions. His credentials including his QB training company are top notch and his CFL/NFL playing career is one of the finest that we have ever seen. I mean no disrespect for Moon, Flutie, Kapp, Brock, Etchevery etc. but Garcia is here now and looking for coaching work so the Lions need to capitalize. One of Garcia's greatest attributes is that he appears to be a career overachiever in just about everything he does. :cr:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Good work there MLF... I 'm going to break up 1 and 2 into some paragraphs for easier reading and post it after this.

Is this for the 10 days of Christmas - read one per day?
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:In honour of the season of Loving, not shopping, and to all the great Lion's fans on this wonderful website, here are my Top 10 reasons to be positive about the Lions heading into next season...

NUMBER 10...

The hardest part for our improvement has already been done! The fact that Benevides has already been let go and Wally made the comments publicly that the new HC could decide which of the Assistants he wanted, if any...its time for change in BC...no matter who was to blame for us becoming so predictable and "behind the times", the future is now in Lionsland! Wally has given the Lions "first dibs" on the best candidates out there which is a tremendous advantage because there are so many great coaches available around North America!

NUMBER 9...

David Braley has now confirmed his selling price publicly, he has identified four suitors and the process will begin to sell the Lions...this organization will be forced into making the best decisions possible to generate structure, order and HOPE so that the fans are placated and the new owners soothed. Dennis Skulsky has been listening to us and others getting a general feedback from the Lion's fans as what they want to see...he is Braley's "spy" and will now be keeping a sharp eye on all that is done so that the new direction is STRONG and SURE!

NUMBER 8...

Right or Wrong, Wally has already indicated who he will be keeping on our roster and who he won't...this provides pending FAs a list of our needs for those that would consider coming to BC...it also helps Wally to know how much he has to spend and what he needs from the beginning!

NUMBER 7...

This year's list of CFL FAs is very deep, and sure, about half will be resigned before they actually become available, but a very strong group will still remain...and two on that list will be HAMs Dan LeFevour and SSKs Ben Heenan...what a start to FA those two signings would make! And for all the bridges that Wally has burned with players as a GM, money is still money, and while Wally may have to "overpay" a little, ultimately BC is a wonderful place to live and play!

NUMBER 6...

Recent precedent for rapid turnaround in the CFL with parity league wide in talent...Chris Jones came to EDM with an inexperienced staff and a very AVERAGE talent base...they were one of the best teams in the CFL this season making it to the WF...Jim Popp wasn't prepared to see a second season in a row go down the drain with poor coaching hires and an inadequate QB...in midseason, he made the changes that he needed to, found the brightest young football minds to come to MTL and assist Tom Higgins in putting together a winning team...they ended up in the EF and gave HAM all they could handle! And like EDM, their talent is average. Our turnaround for the better can be happen quickly!

NUMBER 5...

Diana Krall, Elvis Costello, West Coast Joe and Blitz...I don't know why I just said that, but I really like Diana Krall, Elvis Costello, West Coast Joe and Blitz!!!

NUMBER 4...

There are existing Assistant Coaches that are helping this team and will likely be kept by the new HC. Kelly Bates has turned our fortunes around at the CFL draft. His picks, since he took over from Mike Benevides, have been excellent IMO. Jabar Weterman, Kirby Fabien, Matt Norman, Hunter Steward, SJ Haidara, Bo Lokombo, Cam Thorne, David Menard, etc...from 2007 to 2011 our draft picks were a virtual wasteland! And with a public admittance that the Lion's need to do a better job of developing their draft picks from Wally, this should only get BETTER for us moving forward! LB Coach Johnny Holland did a terrific job with our talented group and with Bo Lokombo amongst them, this position will only get better, even Sol and Biggie both said that they have NOT YET played their best football!

NUMBER 3...

Our scouting system under Wally Buono...Wally has historically done a BETTER JOB than any other CFL GM in finding great talent south of the border. The team he has in place now have demonstrated that they can still deliver...with Neil McEvoy, Ryan Rigmaiden (expertise with Arena Football), and Roy Shivers the Lions have a great blend of youth and experience along with intelligence! Just this past offseason alone they brought to camp (or during the season) Keola Antolin, Torri Williams, Bryan Burnham, TJ Lee, Ronnie Yell, Alex Bazzie, Jermarcus Hardrick (who will become an All CFL player with proper coaching), and Lavasier Tuinei (who might just be the best WR on the team in time)...that was an A+ haul of talent IMO!

NUMBER 2...

The potential for our youthful talent to EXPLODE with success under a new coaching staff. Look at what Kelly Bates has done as our RB Coach (and he's a retired OLineman)...all of our backs came in this season and looked polished from the git-go including Antolin...Andrew Harris has become a great blocker helping to protect the QB...his pass routes have become much smoother and crisper, and he has learned to read the blocking as he approaches the LOS and then find his holes...tremendous work by Bates...Johnny Holland took a very good Soloman Elimimian and turned him into the best CFL LB in a long time...Adam Bighill has continued to improve and excel (which is a scary thought for opponents)...Josh Johnson had a great rookie season as the Dime back, or 3rd LB too...add to his list Bo Lokombo and a 2nd year for Casey Chin and we have the best group of LBs in the CFL.

Now, if we take this talent and turn it over to TOP NOTCH position coaches on the OLine, the Receivers, the DLine and the Secondary, I have no doubt that we will be considered to have the best talent in the CFL...in particular I am VERY bullish about our Receivers and OLine, yes, that's right I said our OLine! Arcenaeaux and Taylor may NOT be our two best receivers, and they are both very good. With the right coaching, teaching and systems Ernest Jackson, Bryam Burnham and Lava Tuinei could all become MONSTER CFL receivers! EJ was unstoppable for a month this season, Burnham looked very, very good in his limited time and Tuinei is a DREAM TARGET...he has great speed, hands and moves to go along with his size...and our CDN receivers are BETTER than we know...I am not sold on Iannuzzi and Poblah, but they could get better with improved coaching...but its Haidara, Adekolu, and Tomusiak that are our future, and it looks good...and I do not believe we have seen the best of Shawn Gore yet either. Receiver could easily turn into a top strength on this team with Proper Coaching!

Finally our OLine...I agree with so many of you that Hardrick shouldn't be let go...we are a two INT OL team...plug Hardrick in a LG and Olafoye at RT...now, how to fill in the rest...for sure Hunter Steward at LT and Kirby Fabien at RG...Steward was unbelievable at LT this season before he broke his foot...the biggest thing about Steward was his TECHNIQUE...for a rookie LT (NAT or INT) his technique was top notch...give him another year to GROW in strength and smarts and the sky is the limit for this young man. Kirby Fabien will finally be healthy at RG, lining up next to Olafoye. A stable position and healthy knees will find Fabien to be a top notch CFL guard.

The question is Centre...I like Matt Norman, and think that he can do the job at Centre with consistency around him, a better offensive system and PROPER COACHING and Teaching! The young man wasn't a fluke in his first season, he has real talent and smarts, but he NEEDS help! The Lions could always go after Ben Heenan for Centre and then rotate Norman through the OLine to give us more depth and make this group a TEAM STRENGTH instead of an embarrassment...I refuse to believe that the talent is NOT there! With new coaching in EDM Simon Rottier became an ALL STAR, and he has very, very average talents, believe me! I am excited about this group moving forward under the coaching of Kelly Bates!

NUMBER 1...

Our overall Team Talent...I truly believe that with proper coaching and teaching our talent will be BETTER than CGY's and DEEPER! We have the horses here to compete, we are just two or three additions away from getting back to the GC with the proper coaching.

I truly believe that we could stand pat with what we have on the OLine...T-Dre and Cam Thorne both show great promise as well...we are more than ready at both Receiver and RB...we have the best LBs in the league...our Defensive secondary was good enough to play with FOUR instead of FIVE and still excel. So where do we need to add...clearly Safety, you will just have to trust me on this one if you can't see it, but Cord Parks and Ryan Phillips WILL instantly be twice the players they showed this season with ACTUAL Safety help. DB in the CFL without Safety help may just be the toughest position to play because the field is so wide and you can't cheat to one side if you can't count on your Safety! Just this one addition will make a HUGE difference to our overall team D...SSK cannot afford to resign all of their FAs, Tyrone Brackinridge might truly be available...

Wally MUST pull the trigger on a deal to get us a safety, or finally understand that he has to play an INT there...Torri Williams already played a lot of snaps there last season and he adds a whole other dimension...give him a couple of seasons to really understand the position, and he would be an All Star! Second, our DLine has to get better...maybe Bazzie will suffice with a 2nd year improvement, perhaps Khreem Smith has another good season left in him...but the reality is that our DTs MUST GET BIGGER and BETTER. Westerman is more than ready to start, but neither Mitchell NOR Taylor were good enough along side of him...the Lions must bring in one guy that is a beast inside...he doesn't need to generate many sacks or tackles, he just needs to force two guys on him at all times, like we have always had in the past. This will make Bazzie and Smith even better than they were this season.

Finally, QB...I hate to say this, but Lulay will never again be an All Star Qb...as he won't last the season and he won't be able to throw accurately out of the pocket! We need to move forward with someone new...Beck is a waste...sorry to say that, but he is...Partridge is a keeper I think, but we shouldn't bank on him...we need to go out and find someone who will be the next guy...let Partridge develop alongside of him...whether it is LeFevour in HAM or not, we need to target this guy and MOVE FORWARD in a new chapter, this one without Travis Lulay...remember, Bo Levi Mitchell and Zach Collaros are NOT superstars...they are good young QBs who should continue to develop, but they are BOTH PROTECTED by their coaches...Durant is at the end of his days in SSK...Reilly has shown difficulty in staying healthy and he still has that horrible delivery...Ray is almost out of time and Burris is done in OTT...the young kid in MTL shows promise, but the great talent doesn't appear to the there...but the MOXY and attitude sure are!

So the Lions aren't as "far behind" as many might think we are...a Good Young QB that will develop is out there, the Lions can find this player and develop him, but he will need help...we need NEW COACHING who will excel at TEACHING for this thing to turn around. But as I said, we are already more than half way there!

So my friends, let us celebrate all the things we have in common with each other and not worry about the one or two philosophical differences...this is such a great site to visit and to learn...if you read things here that you feel are too harsh or critical, just remember that its just one person's viewpoint and you can choose for yourself what you want to believe in! There is so much to not just be happy about on our Earth right now, but ECSTATIC!!! It is such a beautiful creation and people are more alike than we all know...and with leaders on this website like Joe, Blitz, David and TLK we are in VERY, VERY good hands...there is so much to learn here everyday if you choose to, so celebrate this website, don't fear it!

A wonderful Holiday Season to all of you and EVERYONE on this great Earth! I look forward to so many more brilliant comments in the days/weeks to come as we get closer to our 2015 football team! Enjoy your lives always!!! Peace and Love my friends!

MLF
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Glad to read some positive thoughts about the Lions. Not that negative ones can't or shouldn't be talked about. IMO, it will be our strengths that help us do better and perhaps win a championship in the near future. For e.g. my favourite NFL team is known for not having a SOLID offence but its their strengths that helped them win last season. IOW, an awesome DEFENCE, mobile QB, solid kicker, FEARSOME Skittles fueled running back and solid coaching that helped them overcome a supposedly 'weak' group of recievers. All that matters to me is those recievers gave their 100% and the Seahawks strengths overcame their weaknesses.......

I enjoyed reading your thoughts MLF and hope all the best for your loved ones over the coming season (Holidays and Lions 2015!). And, to everyone else, regular or casual, all the best to you too....

And to the Lions Coaches/ managment and of course Players....All the best to you too and I'll be cheering you on soon I'm sure...
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Dano, great points...I also like Dean Valli coming back to help Kelly Bates settle in the new OLine...Valli can still help us in a variety of situations and even be part of a rotation to keep everyone fresh. There is a lot of talent on that OLine if it is coached right.

I also agree about Garcia, he has a special resume, in fact NO ONE has a resume as good as Garcia's...get him on the Lions coaching staff in some fashion next season should be priority #1 IMO.

I don't know enough about Lokombo to know if he can play FS, BUT I checked out his personal stats and his speed and agility say that he can...I agree with you, if he can play FS, then play him instead of rarely seeing playing time behind a wall of great LBs...because really, Hoffman-Ellis deserves a shot to come back as the 4th LB next season.

As for Safety, someone other than LaRose needs to take over that spot...heck, I'll do it if they ask, it just can't be LaRose any longer!

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

notahomer wrote:Glad to read some positive thoughts about the Lions. Not that negative ones can't or shouldn't be talked about. IMO, it will be our strengths that help us do better and perhaps win a championship in the near future. For e.g. my favourite NFL team is known for not having a SOLID offence but its their strengths that helped them win last season. IOW, an awesome DEFENCE, mobile QB, solid kicker, FEARSOME Skittles fueled running back and solid coaching that helped them overcome a supposedly 'weak' group of recievers. All that matters to me is those recievers gave their 100% and the Seahawks strengths overcame their weaknesses.......

I enjoyed reading your thoughts MLF and hope all the best for your loved ones over the coming season (Holidays and Lions 2015!). And, to everyone else, regular or casual, all the best to you too....

And to the Lions Coaches/ managment and of course Players....All the best to you too and I'll be cheering you on soon I'm sure...
Thanks Nota, look at both CGY and HAM, they "babied" their QBs all season and even during the GC game...it can be done...a Dan LeFevour, put in positions where he can excel without too much thrown on his plate, could win football games with a great D helping, but IMO a defence can't be called great unless they dominate the LOS and get pressure on the QB, exactly LIKE THE SEAHAWKS DO! Our D under Washington too often lost the LOS and succeeded for a while only because we dropped 8 into coverage at times, and 7 on every other down...that's not a great D IMO.

Happy Holidays!!!

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Thanks Toppy, that makes it much easier to read!!!

Albert Einstein
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:Thanks Toppy, that makes it much easier to read!!!
haha... I thought by the time you got 2 and 1 the fine Mexican tequila might have got to you and you missed the enter key.