Free Agent Wish List

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You can delete Ricky Foley from the Wish List. He resigned with the Riders.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions resigned Ronnie Yell to 2016. Good signing.

http://bclions.com/article/lions-ink-yell-through-2016
South Pender
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Lions resigned Ronnie Yell to 2016. Good signing.

Right, excellent signing. Jeff Tedford's first personnel decision?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

South Pender wrote:

This would be GM Wally doing the signing as Yell is the reason that Dante Marsh has been released.
The_Pauser
Legend

DanoT wrote:
South Pender wrote:

This would be GM Wally doing the signing as Yell is the reason that Dante Marsh has been released.
I think it was more the emergence of TJ Lee that allowed us to re-sign Yell. Granted Yell probably got a bit of a raise and did prove that he can fill in Marsh's spot when he went down, there was room to keep both Yell and Marsh in the secondary.
Roar you Lions roar!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Resign would be to step down voluntarily. Re-sign would be to sign a new contract.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rolly Lumbala re-signed through 2016
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The BC Lions Football Club announced this morning that veteran Canadian special teams ace Jason Arakgi and offensive lineman Cam Thorn have signed contract extensions with the team.

Aragki, who was set to become a free agent next month, enjoyed another productive season appearing in all 18 regular season games in 2014 for a second-straight year. The club’s third-round selection in the 2008 CFL Draft has now played 121 career games for the Lions in addition to nine playoff appearances and the 2011 Grey Cup championship.

In 2014, the long-time vet not only notched a team-high 23 special teams tackles, he also broke the club’s all-time mark held by Sean Millington (140) and now sits alone with 158 for his career. Over the past seven seasons, no CFL player has more stops on special teams than Arakgi who has never recorded a season with fewer than 14.

Thorn was the club’s seventh-round selection in the 2013 CFL Draft and comes off his first season as a pro after returning to Guelph for his final year of CIS eligibility following Lions training camp in 2013. Seeing action on short yardage situations and dressing as the team’s sixth offensive lineman, Thorn saw the field in all 18 regular season games in 2014 as well as the postseason.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser
Legend

Brett Jones is still my number 1 target. I still don't think he makes it to free agency, but with every day that passes that becomes more and more of a possibility.

I fully expect Dan LeFevour to sign here to backup/compete for the number 1 job with Lulay.

Call me crazy but I would throw out an offer to SJ Green (depending on where we sit in terms of cap space). He's a big target, and a playmaker. With a good QB he can be among the best receivers in the league once again and he is still fairly young. Arceneaux, Green, Jackson, Gore, and Iannuzzi/Adekolu/Poblah makes for a very good receiving group.
Roar you Lions roar!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:Brett Jones is still my number 1 target. I still don't think he makes it to free agency, but with every day that passes that becomes more and more of a possibility.

I fully expect Dan LeFevour to sign here to backup/compete for the number 1 job with Lulay.

Call me crazy but I would throw out an offer to SJ Green (depending on where we sit in terms of cap space). He's a big target, and a playmaker. With a good QB he can be among the best receivers in the league once again and he is still fairly young. Arceneaux, Green, Jackson, Gore, and Iannuzzi/Adekolu/Poblah makes for a very good receiving group.
Brett Jones is trying out for NFL teams in search of a big paycheque. I'd scratch him from the wish list. Similarly S.J. Green. He reportedly turned down $600,000 over three years to re-sign in Montreal. I don't expect Wally to get into a bidding war at that position.

I'd love to see the Lions push hard for LeFevour but I haven't heard anything to indicate the Lions are interested in him, or that he is interested in any specific team. LeFevour had a great game last summer against the Lions at B.C. Place, completing 23 of 34 passes (67.6%) for 298 yards and rushing for 103 yards. I plan to re-watch that game one of these days.
David
Team Captain

This hardly qualifies as an ironclad offer to LeFevour or even interest, but News1130 posted this to Twitter on 1/14.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
If Ticats qb Dan LeFevour hits the CFL free agent market, #BCLions could show interest.

@News1130Sports
LeFevour was on #BCLions neg list before Bob Obillivich took him to Hamilton.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Isn't Dan LeFevour currently recovering from a season ending knee injury? If true this could make him a lot less desirable.

If Lulay can't go, (and I think his long ball arm strength will be suspect and thus his undoing) then I say let Partridge be the next man up with Rodgers backing up.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:This hardly qualifies as an ironclad offer to LeFevour or even interest, but News1130 posted this to Twitter on 1/14.
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
If Ticats qb Dan LeFevour hits the CFL free agent market, #BCLions could show interest.

@News1130Sports
LeFevour was on #BCLions neg list before Bob Obillivich took him to Hamilton.
DH :cool:
A little ray of hope. A little ray of sunshine in the middle of winter. Hey, winter has been mild so far.

One has hopes that Jeff Tedford can do some magic with our quarterbacking crew. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

WestCoastJoe wrote:A little ray of hope. A little ray of sunshine in the middle of winter. Hey, winter has been mild so far.

One has hopes that Jeff Tedford can do some magic with our quarterbacking crew. :thup:
I must've missed this in other threads but found one interesting tidbit. Tedford talked about doing a lot of scouting in his brief tenure as TB's OC so out of curiosity I looked through the Buc's 2014 transactions to see who they might've brought in last year and subsequently released. Interestingly 2 days after the announcement of Tedford being hired as OC there was a transaction showing Jordan Rodgers had been signed to a reserve/futures contract. He was waived 5 weeks later when they signed Mike Kafka who had been with the Eagles the previous 2 seasons. Kafka would ultimately stick with the team bouncing back and forth from PR to active roster. Another QB Alex Tanney out of Monmouth was the only other QB they had in camp then released. He would up with Tennessee and remains on their roster. It would seem though that Tedford will have some knowledge of Rodgers even if Jordan didn't have a chance to get onto the practice field for the Bucs.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.