Free Agent Wish List

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Here's a bit more on LeFevour from Dan Ralph of The Canadian Press. LeFevour says his knee is about 80 or 90% but is progressing well.
“Now, it’s not 100 per cent but it’s probably 80-to-90 per cent right now. It’s something I’ve been able to push cautiously and progress at a pretty steady pace without getting too stupid with it. Everything is going well to this point and I don’t see why that would change.”
Jim Popp says the starter's job is Jonathan Crompton's to lose but Crompton was just a 58% passer last year and the Als averaged only 20 points a game, second lowest on the CFL.

OC Turk Schonert says he wants to get his QBs out of the pocket more this year.
“In this league I think quarterbacks have to have some mobility,” he said. “We’re looking to get out of the pocket a little bit more than we did last year and that favours Dan because he’s very good at that.

“I think it’s going to favour and help Jonathan as well as Tanner because he can get out of the pocket. I don’t know about John Skelton yet, I’m looking forward to finding out about him and he’s going to have to favour that kind of offence as well.”
Alouettes sign free-agent quarterback Dan LeFevour
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:Jim Popp says the starter's job is Jonathan Crompton's to lose but Crompton was just a 58% passer last year and the Als averaged only 20 points a game, second lowest on the CFL.
True but that season average was dragged down when Montreal was averaging only 14 points per game prior to Crompton seeing action in Montreal's 8th game of the season. From that point on they scored 22.8 points per game a pace that was better than the Riders, Lions, Bombers and REDBLACKS.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
squishy35
Legend

Hambone wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Jim Popp says the starter's job is Jonathan Crompton's to lose but Crompton was just a 58% passer last year and the Als averaged only 20 points a game, second lowest on the CFL.
True but that season average was dragged down when Montreal was averaging only 14 points per game prior to Crompton seeing action in Montreal's 8th game of the season. From that point on they scored 22.8 points per game a pace that was better than the Riders, Lions, Bombers and REDBLACKS.

Don't forget the Eastern Semi Final..... lots of points there for Crompton stats..... :thdn:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/article/steady-signin ... stayed-put
Steady Signings: 11 Free Agents that stayed put

Posted: March 10, 2015 12:00 PM

Updated: March 10, 2015 12:18 PM

CFL.ca Staff

TORONTO -- A lot was made of the free agents who tested the market and secured contracts with other clubs last month but CFL.ca takes a look into 11 players that decided to stay and how critical doing so could be to their club's success.

It is important to note that while building the list, we took into consideration only those players that were threats to test the market or did indeed test the market in the days surrounding the February 10th Free Agent deadline.

1. Brandon Banks, WR, Hamilton

Arguably the most dynamic player in the CFL right now, re-signing receiver and kick returner Brandon Banks was a no-brainer for the Tiger-Cats. His role continues to increase and he ate up yards as last year progressed. His presence alone will force oppositions to once again game plan for him as an individual which is never something a foe wants to do.

2. SJ Green, SB, Montreal

With a receiving coprs that is still changing and an offence that is developing, the Alouettes signing of SJ Green was critical. A steady presence and a constant playmaker is hard to come by and Green has been one of the most consistent pass-catchers over the last number of years.

3. Geoff Tisdale, CB, Montreal

If signing Green was critical for the Alouettes' offence, so to was Geoff Tisdale to the defence. A veteran who fell off the radar a bit the last time he was about to hit the market, but his stock has done nothing but rise. Finding an experienced shutdown corner is something every team was looking for. One could argue that the last two years have been his best, combining for 13 interceptions throughout that span.

4. Luke Tasker, WR, Hamilton

With their best special teams player locked up, the Ticats proceeded to sign their quarterback's go-target, getting Luke Tasker under contract. Tasker is just getting started and more than compliments a receiving corps that already has Andy Fantuz.

5. Kendial Lawrence, RB/SB, Edmonton

One of the most versatile players in the CFL, Lawrence`s play down the stretch last season is what put him atop our list for Top 20 FAs. Import running backs are not hard to find but ones that can line up in the slot, make plays in the flat, and take one to the house in the return game are an obvious asset.

6. Dan Clark, OL, Saskatchewan

A productive guard who is set to enter his fourth CFL season. A National offensive lineman is always coveted come free agency time and Clark is no different. His services will be warrented even more in Regina following the loss of Dominic Picard and Ben Heenan.

7. Curtis Steele, RB, Toronto

First used to spell Chad Kackert and then split reps with Steve Slaton, the Argos tailback has shown spots where he can take over the ground game. His value may be even more on special teams as his work as a blocker in Toronto hasn't gone without notice.

8. Tristian Jackson, DB/KR, Saskatchewan

Jackson got a second lease on his Riderville career last season when he re-joined the club. A solid coverman with great speed and game-changer capabilities as a returner. Could be even more valuable now that the club has lost their other defensive halfback in Rod Williams.

9. Nic Grigsby, RB, Hamilton

Somewhat of a fall from grace after such a hot start last season for Grigsby, but he is a talented playmaker. That said, he finished in the top-5 in rushing last season and will provide depth at tailback. Could be the most important retention of the FA class should starter CJ Gable not be ready for camp after suffering an injury midway through 2014.

10. Justin Hickman, DL, Hamilton

It didn't take Hickman long to get re-acquinated in Hamilton. The Ticats have one of the deepest defensive lines in the league and a proven pass rusher that gets at the quarterback is something that you can never have enough of.

11. Jerome Messam, RB, Saskatchewan

Messam is a solid re-signing for a few reasons outside just his ability to run the ball and catch out of the backfield. He is not only a ratio-buster should he establish himself as a starter, but also provides depth at a position that was more or less by committee last season and looks as though it may continue in 2015.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

maybe the lions should try this

http://www.toysrus.com/wishlist/index.jsp
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:CALGARY -- After 11 seasons with the Red and White, receiver Nik Lewis is parting ways with the team as he signed as a free agent with the Montreal Alouettes.

"I've stayed in constant contact with Nik and his agent throughout the off-season and we looked at numerous possibilities that might allow him to stay with the Stampeders," said Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel. "In the end, the Alouettes simply afforded him a better opportunity to compete for playing time and I wish him all the best.

"Nik will undoubtedly and rightly be remembered as one of the best receivers and players in the history of the Stampeders and I know some day we will see his name and number on the Stampeders' Wall of Fame. I thank him for all of his contributions to the organization."

Lewis is a storied veteran who was beloved in the community and made many valuable contributions to the team's success. The Jacksboro, Tex., native is one of the most prolific receivers of all-time as he ranks 10th in CFL history with 805 career catches and 11th with 11,250 receiving yards.

He holds the Stampeders record with 165 consecutive games played with at least one catch and surpassed the 1,000-yard mark in receiving in each of his first nine seasons. Lewis was a CFL all-star three times as a member of the Stampeders and a West Division all-star on five occasions.

Lewis was a Grey Cup winner in 2008 and 2014 with Calgary
Wally could learn some pointers on how to end ties with former greats. I just think the coaches (Hufnagel and Dickenson) a lot of class when they talk about players. I can see the Als wanted Nik Lewis for his play and his contribution. You could a lot worse than get another voice in the room that supports the coaching staff and team mates as Lewis does.

Yest it looks like the Stamps tried to get him but it appears that they were heading to less of a role playing and that would lead to less money I presume.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy