Tuesday tweets from the Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

Just to let everyone know Press Conference today from BC Place live on 1040 apparently 1pm I think
The_Pauser
Legend

Nothing on 1040 or 1410 so far...
Roar you Lions roar!
dupsdell1
Champion

I heard there was going to be something
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions are tweeting numerous fresh quotes from WB today:

"The four guys we did not pick up the option on are Marsh, Schmitt, Mitchell, and Jamall Johnson."

"We are not going to make an offer to Kevin Glenn. As far as we're concerned he's a free agent."

"As far as I'm concerned, the two most important guys in your organization are the head coach and your quarterback."

"I made mistakes. Did I make them on purpose? No, but when things don't turn out how you want, that's a mistake."

"The off season is about fixing issues not skirting them."
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lulay:

"For me, my focus now is to do everything I can to be the leader of this team."

"It's fair to say we weren't the team we hoped to be. If we felt good about 9-9 then we're not doing our jobs."
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Lions are tweeting numerous fresh quotes from WB today:

"The four guys we did not pick up the option on are Marsh, Schmitt, Mitchell, and Jamall Johnson."

"We are not going to make an offer to Kevin Glenn. As far as we're concerned he's a free agent."

"As far as I'm concerned, the two most important guys in your organization are the head coach and your quarterback."

"I made mistakes. Did I make them on purpose? No, but when things don't turn out how you want, that's a mistake."

"The off season is about fixing issues not skirting them."
Thanks for the updates, sj.

No Kevin Glenn. The "trade of the century" is no more. I liked Glenn. We did not give him much help. More like thrown to the wolves. Under the bus, Glenn.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
dupsdell1
Champion

Sorry everyone thought I heard it was going to be on 1040 oh yeah forgot Miller is complaining about something guess that is more important news.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Thanks sj-roc. I hope Buono has a plan to acquire a starting quarterback.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It is a not a good thing when it is all Lulay and Glenn and how Glenn is exiting spells volumes about the quality of the Lions organization. Was he stellar? Nope. But he comes with the highest praise from the HC and OC and players in the Stamps organization and his fellow PA members in the league. It might be money but if you had a situation like with the Stamps Glenn as a backup to a top QB could be a winner while you develop the new young guy(s). I wonder too if Glenn let them really know what he thought of this organization and its coaching as he had to know that no one could have won this year.

I would truly love to hear a sports medicine doctor and experts expound on Lulay's potential to come back because as the ST coach of Hamilton says - there are only 41 HC jobs in all of football and you better have a QB or access to one - or you're toast. I'd not want to be the new HC knowing Travis Lulay was going to be my guy when his last game dressed he was put out of action in the warm up and post game they admitted he was a decoy anyway as they had no one else as he was unable to play any way. Even in amateur sports coaches don't dumb things like that as it would signal to the team he doesn't believe in the guys in uniforms and the game is done before it starts rather than 'we have good players - even back ups and we're here to win'.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
dupsdell1
Champion

Press Conference on lions.com