CFL East/West All Star Teams

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MexicoLionFan
Legend

I haven't seen any lists posted here, so I thought I would share it with you...the selections seem fair to me other than Olayfoye at RT, I love him as a player and person, but I don't think he deserved the award this year. Other than Olafoye, only Arcenaeaux on offence and he faded badly this season with or without the injury. On defence, only Sol and Biggie, which again seems fair to me. Finally, McCallum as the FG kicker in the west which I also don't agree with. The Lions players simply were not put into positions to succeed this season by their coaches with the noted exception of Elimimian, who was asked to tackle everything from sideline to sideline. Just an awful season for the Lions where the 9-9 record really covered up for a lot of problems...when the CFL All Stars are announced we will only have ONE, perhaps two players on that list, Sol and maybe Bighill!

Position EAST Team WEST Team
QB RAY, Ricky TOR REILLY, Mike EDM
RB WHITAKER, Brandon MTL CORNISH, Jon CGY
RB GRIGSBY, Nic HAM WHITE, John EDM
REC CARTER, Duron MTL ARCENEAUX, Emmanuel BC
REC OWENS, Chad TOR BAGG, Rob SSK
REC TASKER, Luke HAM BOWMAN, Adarius* EDM
REC GREEN, S.J. MTL DENMARK, Clarence WPG
OT VAN ZEYL, Chris TOR OLAFIOYE, Jovan BC
OT BOURKE, Josh MTL BRYANT, Stanley CGY
OG SIMMONS, Brian HAM LABATTE, Brendon SSK
OG HOLMES, Tyler TOR ROTTIER, Simeon EDM
C BRODEUR-JOURDAIN, Luc MTL JONES, Brett CGY
DT LAURENT, Ted HAM GEORGE, Tearrius SSK
DT CASH, Alan-Michael MTL SEWELL, Almondo EDM
DE NORWOOD, Eric HAM CHICK, John SSK
DE BOWMAN, John MTL WILLIS, Odell EDM
LB WOODS, Bear MTL BIGHILL, Adam BC
LB LAWRENCE, Simoni HAM ELIMIMIAN, Solomon BC
LB COX, Chip MTL MCCOIL, Dexter EDM
CB TISDALE, Geoff MTL BENNETT, Fred CGY
CB BREAUX, Delvin HAM WATKINS, Patrick EDM
HB BROWN, Jerald MTL SMITH, Brandon CGY
HB MURRAY, Derico HAM WALL, Jamar CGY
S BUTLER, Craig HAM BRACKENRIDGE, Tyron SSK
K WATERS, Swayze TOR MCCALLUM, Paul BC
P WATERS, Swayze TOR MAVER, Rob CGY
ST BANKS, Brandon HAM LACEY, Deon EDM
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The CFLPA all-star team, announced last week, had four Lions: Andrew Harris at RB (Jon Cornish wasn't eligible because he didn't play 12 games), Emmanuel Arceneaux at wide receiver (even though he played slotback all year), Jovan Olafioye at tackle and Solomon Elimimian at linebacker. Rolly Lumbala was an honourable mention. The CFLPA team is selected by players and position coaches (defensive linemen vote for offensive linemen, etc.) so it's a good indication of how the players at each position are viewed by their peers.

Link
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Thanks BCFAN, wonderful to see Harris recognized before his injury, I thought Harris was outstanding this season...incredible effort!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein